Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Oil fan coming by to propose a trade.
Bear/Jones + Benson/Samurukov
For
Bellows

You guys need D and we need skill wingers for our elite centers. You guys give up a winger and get back 2 d-men or a d-man and a lesser winger. Flame away.
No flames, we’d want a more established dman though. I don’t know if it’s going to happen but Isles fans have been eyeing guys like Brodin and Faulk. Someone like de Haan but healthy would be nice.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Would you guys be open to moving Ho-Sang for a pick? Why hasn't he been able to stick in the NHL? He has decent numbers.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Would you guys be open to moving Ho-Sang for a pick? Why hasn't he been able to stick in the NHL? He has decent numbers.

MY 2 cents is no way the Islanders can get anything worth moving Ho Sang, anybody who may be interested will probably want him at a reduced price so it's best just to hold on to him and see if he pans out

Reactions: majormet

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
There are far worse situations in life than Tavares leaving. There are brothers who will no longer talking to their siblings and I have seen this happens actually with 3 different families who I am very close with through out my life. He may be a franchise player but he is not blood related to anyone on the Isles team and certainly not with the fans. Suggest you all just donate your 91 jerseys to someone on the street who can use it. They probably would not even know who he is but can use the clothing to keep them warm during the winters.

Go buy a Barzal jersey instead. Tavares is no longer an Islanders and it is just simply that. He is not worth to be sad or get angry about. Get over him and if you are still a hockey fan cheer for the players who is still there with the team.

Reactions: dood and 780il

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Considering Nelson is from Minny why not trade him plus a D prospect excluding Pulock and the 2 selected this summer there for a center they have on their current roster who may have so far underachieve but with potential for being a 2nd line center. I think the fact he is form Minny Wild may be willing to gamble on him and thus the return may be better from any other team.

Now which centre on Minny may be on the trading block that may fit well with Isles or Trotz's system? This could also be a bigger package with multi player/prospect trading places (excluding the untouchables on both sides).

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
But Chia. Makes me sad that he inexplicably still has a job because as a old Whalers fan I have a real soft spot in my heart for the Oilers as the last actual remaining WHA team (The second incarnation of the Jets also have a soft spot for me but they technically are not the same franchise as the WHA team).

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
But Chia. Makes me sad that he inexplicably still has a job because as a old Whalers fan I have a real soft spot in my heart for the Oilers as the last actual remaining WHA team (The second incarnation of the Jets also have a soft spot for me but they technically are not the same franchise as the WHA team).

It's funny that I also really like both the Oilers and Sabres. It's like a kindred feeling you have for teams that have been run into the ground by inept management. You have three franchises(Isles,Sabres,Oilers) that have been run so poorly that it defies common logic.

I still remember the mad mike days and holy shit this current slump or whatever pales in comparison.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
They went on a run and MacKinnon was the best player in the league for the final 50 games and other guys took off.... Just don't see what Duchene would do unless it was a light deal

Well, as that poster said, they didn't go on a run. They were essentially the same. Also, Duchene is a 60 point top 6 forward. Tavares is an 80 point franchise forward. Big difference in impact there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bear can play bottom pair now, top 4 2019-20.

Isles have a glut of bllue line kids between their ahl and nhl teams : Pelech, Pulock,Aho,Mayfield, Wotherspoon, MVS.
Zero interest in Bear .
Isles need a durable,solid 2nd pair nhl D not a prospect for the 3rd pairing to add to the glut.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I would say 22 pts in 43 nhl games is better then decent.
He does not play a responsible defensive game and with the coaching staff stressing K.I.S.S., he continued to make risky plays.
Snow looked to teach him a lesson by demoting him and leaving him in the ahl.

He changed his # recently from the controversial #66 to
26. Trotz says he has sat and talked with JHS,loves his skill & upside,expects big things.

So.thanks but no thanks on buying high and selling low on the 22 yr old.

Reactions: 780il

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Is he worth giving up any meaningful assets at this time?

No it is not. I think that they need to see how the young guys do and go from there. Everybody has their own opinions but the potential is there for this team to do much better than last year with a real coach. Not just a real coach though, Barry Trotz as that coach.

Nice to agree with you on a coach for once.

Reactions: majormet

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
What are thoughts on this trade proposal?

Would we do it?
Would they do it?
What needs to be tweaked?

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-2019 3rd pick

To Edmonton:

-Josh Bailey
-Michael Dal Colle

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
No it is not. I think that they need to see how the young guys do and go from there. Everybody has their own opinions but the potential is there for this team to do much better than last year with a real coach. Not just a real coach though, Barry Trotz as that coach.

Nice to agree with you on a coach for once.

Yes it is nice to agree with you on a coach, although we had to agree on Weight, because I don't think anyone liked him either lOL... but I did think Cappy was OK, in a way Cappy is a very poor man's Trotz.

There are so many forwards on this team that someone will fall into that 2nd center role between Nelson, Beau, Bailey or Bellows... I don't want Filppupa on the 2nd line for sure.

They do need to get one more defenseman because we really only have 5 sure things right now if count Pelech as a sure thing (I do), Mayfield is a 7/8, Toews, MVS, Aho are wildcards, going into the season without 6 sure things is the only thing that would be bothering me right now.

YL for MOD LOL

Reactions: YearlyLottery

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
What are thoughts on this trade proposal?

Would we do it?
Would they do it?
What needs to be tweaked?

To Islanders:

-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
-2019 3rd pick

To Edmonton:

-Josh Bailey
-Michael Dal Colle

It isn't awful, but not sure why Edmonton would do it, unless they could be sold that put Bailey next to McDavid it will be like Bailey with Judas all over again.

However, Bailey's value on the market is much less than his value to the Islanders as their longest servicing player, and a quiet leader

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
It isn't awful, but not sure why Edmonton would do it, unless they could be sold that put Bailey next to McDavid it will be like Bailey with Judas all over again.

However, Bailey's value on the market is much less than his value to the Islanders as their longest servicing player, and a quiet leader
My opinion is that the value of the trade to Edmonton is in salary savings, a wash in production between Bailey and RNH, and MDC potential next to Leon or Connor. I believe both teams sure up areas of need.

IMO

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
The longer this Karlsson deal drags out, the more I think its gonna fall apart with a lot of the contenders. This is a hard trade for Ottawa, tougher for any team tight up against the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad