Dreger: Islanders and Avalanche lead Eberle sweepstakes

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Eberle is a liability when he's not scoring. Landeskog can contribute to many different ways even when he's not scoring.

Really? So why is he in the Plus in the +/- if he's such a 'liability'? I'd say Landeskog is a liability if he can't score :laugh: I'd have believed you if he was in the minus but he's no where NEAR that. Plus I guess you forgot the memo that he's been working on his defensive game more this year than before? But no, I'm in the wrong because only Oilers players who score lower than their career highs are 'liabilities' and are 'worthless' compared to other players who are WORSE than they are.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He had 2 less goals than Eberle...I watched every game of the playoffs, Eberle is a floater.

A floater that produces and went to the hard areas more than he ever has in his entire career.

All I'm saying is if people want to rip on Eberle for having a tough season and say his value took a hit, those same people better be applying the same logic to Landeskog. There's no chance his value is what it was two years ago.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Really? So why is he in the Plus in the +/- if he's such a 'liability'? I'd say Landeskog is a liability if he can't score :laugh: I'd have believed you if he was in the minus but he's no where NEAR that. Plus I guess you forgot the memo that he's been working on his defensive game more this year than before? But no, I'm in the wrong because only Oilers players who score lower than their career highs are 'liabilities' and are 'worthless' compared to other players who are WORSE than they are.

+/- is the most useless stats in hockey. RNH is -10, so you're saying Eberle is better defensively than RNH?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
It sounds like you have not watched Landeskog play last season. Price for acquiring Landy is pretty high and he plays a different role then Eberle. Eberle plays like a one dimensional game like a running chicken without a head, yeah you will score a little more goals but then give up 2x as much.

Sounds like you haven't seen Eberle enough either. Just because he wasn't scoring in the playoffs doesn't make him a liability or lesser player. But whatever dude. I'm gonna have fun seeing Landeskog traded for a cap dump and some project prospects because your GM couldn't get the full value of what he's worth.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
A floater that produces and went to the hard areas more than he ever has in his entire career.

All I'm saying is if people want to rip on Eberle for having a tough season and say his value took a hit, those same people better be applying the same logic to Landeskog. There's no chance his value is what it was two years ago.

Not arguing that Landeskog has less value than he did two years ago, I'm arguing that Landeskog has more value than Eberle.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Eberle is a liability when he's not scoring. Landeskog can contribute to many different ways even when he's not scoring.

Yes true as his + 3 this year tells you . Mean while Landeskog -25 tells me he a stud 2 way player :sarcasm:

Remember he plays with RNH who everyone thinks is crap and Lucic who everyone thinks the Oilers over paid for . You can't have it both ways . Call his line mates crap and him crap while he is a + player has to account for something . I know +/- is a team stat but if he is on a bad line his stats should be bad , or should they be :shakehead

As I said it is a team stat but when Avs fans tell us how much value Duchene , Landeskog , Barrie , MacKinnon and other have they should be a better team then they are . Oiler fans found out our players did not have the value we thought . Well some thought . Just hold back on Hyping up your players and bashing others until your players prove something

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yes true as his + 3 this year tells you . Mean while Landeskog -25 tells me he a stud 2 way player :sarcasm:

Remember he plays with RNH who everyone thinks is crap and Lucic who everyone thinks the Oilers over paid for . You can't have it both ways . Call his line mates crap and him crap while he is a + player has to account for something . I know +/- is a team stat but if he is on a bad line his stats should be bad , or should the be :shakehead

+/- is the most useless stats in hockey. RNH is -10, so you're saying Eberle is better defensively than RNH?

See above, and are we really comparing +/- stats of someone on a playoffs team vs someone on a historically bad team? :laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I agree with this. I think Landeskog is a fair bit more valuable that Eberle, but his value has certainly trended down recently.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Eberle is completely 1 dimensional and became even more useless once the playoffs hit.

I'm not expecting a big return for him (Landeskog or Barrie for Eberle straight up is a total pipedream) but someone like Soderberg or Colborne as our 3C I could possibly see. If we grab a solid 3C then we can either move RNH to RW or Drai back to McDavid's RW and we'll have one less RW spot to worry about while also having a ton of C depth.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Eberle is completely 1 dimensional and became even more useless once the playoffs hit.

I'm not expecting a big return for him (Landeskog or Barrie for Eberle straight up is a total pipedream) but someone like Soderberg or Colborne as our 3C I could possibly see. If we grab a solid 3C then we can either move RNH to RW or Drai back to McDavid's RW and we'll have one less RW spot to worry about while also having a ton of C depth.

I'm not saying Soderberg is worth Eberle, but he's probably all I'd be willing to give up from the Avs. Especially not for Barrie, Defenseman is at a premium in this league, Hall for Larson, Drouin just got traded for a defenseman who haven't played in this league minus the 9 games.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Because it's the only way to try to prove Eberle > Landeskog!

No because saying Landeskog who was -25 on a crappy team with Eberle who was a +3 on a good team means Landeskog > Eberle? Yes, +/- is a bad stat to compare players, but when you are trying to pump Landeskog as a God and Eberle as scum on someones foot is ridiculous.

wm3tgoM.png

I'm sure Landeskog is VASTLY Superior than Eberle is....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Soderberg and Colborne are both terrible. Particularly in the case or Soderberg there would need to be significant retention and significant additions; not a chance either one of them returns Eberle alone.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
I'm not saying Soderberg is worth Eberle, but he's probably all I'd be willing to give up from the Avs. Especially not for Barrie, Defenseman is at a premium in this league, Hall for Larson, Drouin just got traded for a defenseman who haven't played in this league minus the 9 games.

At this point Eberle is trending down and his work-ethic on this team has been pathetic. He could very well be someone who benefits massively from a change of scenery but, given his play here over the last couple years, I don't think we get much for him.

You and I totally agree on Barrie.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If they want to provide John Tavares with help and they bring Eberle for that, then I think Tavares needs to dip from New York.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Soderberg and Colborne are both terrible. Particularly in the case or Soderberg there would need to be significant retention and significant additions; not a chance either one of them returns Eberle alone.

Soderberg and Colborne are both coming off 1 **** year in which every player on the Avs underperformed.

Eberle is coming off a mediocre year but has been declining points-wise every year since 2013-14.

Soderberg is typically a high-end 3C (points-wise) while Colborne looks to be a fairly solid 3C (points-wise) though nothing spectacular.

Eberle only managed 51 points this year, even though he had a number of games with McDavid, and was constantly demoted in the playoffs.

Any team that trades for him is essentially hoping that he can turn it around, despite multiple years of falling points and terrible work ethic. Trading that for 1 of 2 players who have been fairly consistent points-wise, in terms of 3rd line production, is likely all you can really expect to get. Especially given his cap-hit.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If they want to provide John Tavares with help and they bring Eberle for that, then I think Tavares needs to dip from New York.

I actually think a legit 2nd line center would relieve more pressure then a top line RW.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Ederle is one of the last players I'd want on my (any) team. Talented - sure. But it's hard to over-look his Laissez-Faire attitude on the ice.
He's the poster child for everything that's been wrong with the Oil for a long time.

- I'd rather take Nugent-Hopkins whom at least seems to care. Ederle still seems more concerned with making the TSN hi-light reel than doing the work to win a hockey game.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ederle is one of the last players I'd want on my (any) team. Talented - sure. But it's hard to over-look his Laissez-Faire attitude on the ice.
He's the poster child for everything that's been wrong with the Oil for a long time.

- I'd rather take Nugent-Hopkins whom at least seems to care. Ederle still seems more concerned with making the TSN hi-light reel than doing the work to win a hockey game.

I'd take you more serious if you could spell Eberle right :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad