GDT: Islanders (31-27-9) @ Devils (24-38-6) - 4:00PM - TNT/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah bro, he's good!

He needs to go back to the minors. If Ruff isn't gonna let him sit then he needs to be gone before Tuesday's game.

Shame on Fitz for allowing this to go on where he keeps him here for Ruff to use him so much. This is a serious post, not some DD goof.

He's gonna get used to the point that he's got a pretty .885% down there with Daws, he's probably not gonna be far after this game.
At this point I continue to keep calling Gillies Daws when I mean Gillies and vice versa. I wonder if that's because they're kind of becoming one in the same?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
At this point I continue to keep calling Gillies Daws when I mean Gillies and vice versa. I wonder if that's because they're kind of becoming one in the same?

Daws after the Anaheim game is at a -1.65 GSAx/60 and at a -0.6 on the year. Gillies at -1.08 on the year. He's coming for him

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Tampa Bay's top 6 forwards during their Cup runs were:

Brayden Point - 5'10"
Steven Stamkos - 6'1'"
Alex Killorn - 6'1'"
Anthony Cirelli - 6'0"
Ondrej Palat - 6'0"
Yanni Gourde - 6'1'"

Can you point out which of these players is a power winger or big center?
thats one example thank you.. i can give you many more to counter your exception to the rule

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Daws after the Anaheim game is at a -1.65 GSAx/60 and at a -0.6 on the year. Gillies at -1.08 on the year. He's coming for him
daws is being thrust into a bad situation. at most he should be sparingly used back up but he seems to be our go to. this was just an unfortunate season

Reactions: billingtons ghost

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
ANOTHER goalie loss.

A softy with f***in 4 minutes left and we lose by one to f***in Schneider of all people, who was the less inferior goalie today.

At some point Daws is either gonna be a total loss or they're gonna have to send him down and let Gillies and Hammond murder us the rest of the year.

f*** Ruff and his feelings. He needs to go too. He's (probably) completely KILLED Daws.

That doesn't mean Daws might have still been nothing if this year didn't happen for him, but he needs at least a year or two in the AHL before even getting into another NHL game.
yeah i agree there is no reason to keep him up at this point ... its not like he is lights out and this is gonna do more bad than good.

Reactions: Bleedred

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
So small so soft for a 3C. Terrible leader.
nico is exactly they type of player you can build around love the future with him and hughes... just gotta add around them...we got lots of pieces and ingredients just need the right chef

Reactions: My3Sons

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Respectfully, other than that nice OT winner, he has not been good at all nor worth 9 million a year since the injury. Hopefully it's just due to his injury, but NJ needs a hell of a lot more from him going forward.
absolutely you basically have your number 1 guy payment wise so if his play deteriorates the organization has a problem moving forward. this year is a wash anyway so it doesn't matter and he is a proven commodity ( but so was pk for that matter) and I'm all fine with bringing pk back next season at about half his current salary

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I dint think we are just a goalie way , but we are close and the pieces needed are niot as impossible to get ( middle 6 winger (s) , Defensive RHD ,
hows the dude reilly walsh doing? if we keep PK , I honestly don't think its a bad idea... whats going to be on FA thats way better than him that we can actually afford? i can't see them going after anyone for more than about 4 million per year. will PK get more than that on open market?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would absolutely keep PK around for another couple years if he's willing. We don't have anyone who could fill that spot in the organization and I don't know what we could get on the open market that will be as good as him.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I would absolutely keep PK around for another couple years if he's willing. We don't have anyone who could fill that spot in the organization and I don't know what we could get on the open market that will be as good as him.
Yeah I have no issues bringing him back as the 6/7, doubt he comes back though someone will either give him more $ or a better opp to win a cup

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I had been thinking that if a cheaper more defensive oriented option were available, then that could be the direction we go. But if PK is willing to sign on the relative cheap, while also playing the role of enforcer, then I am all for bringing him back.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
hows the dude reilly walsh doing? if we keep PK , I honestly don't think its a bad idea... whats going to be on FA thats way better than him that we can actually afford? i can't see them going after anyone for more than about 4 million per year. will PK get more than that on open market?
Walsh makes Ty Smith look like Bobby Orr

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah I have no issues bringing him back as the 6/7, doubt he comes back though someone will either give him more $ or a better opp to win a cup
While we may not have the best short term prospects, we do hold the potential of a quick turnaround, while also having the most short term cap space.

PK not being trading at the deadline did raise the prospects of him coming back.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I don’t want PK back at all.

I do think there’s a lack of intensity around this team and if he’s not a part of the problem, he’s not helping.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I had been thinking that if a cheaper more defensive oriented option were available, then that could be the direction we go. But if PK is willing to sign on the relative cheap, while also playing the role of enforcer, then I am all for bringing him back.
Justin Braun if he doesn’t retire is a cheap guy that is still okay defensively. He’s not good, but can fill that Ben Lovejoy role.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They came in sulking, then lost three players in game, and the goaltending remains a shit show.

Not surprising result. Hopefully Jack is OK.

This staff has to go, and Fitz job depends on him fixing the goaltending

They had a rough first half of the game. I was surprised by how strong they came on and managed to make a game of it

Reactions: Devs3cups

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Sucks Hughes got that knee. I don't know if there's anything we can do about that hit, but clearly the concern is that we're going to have to watch these core guys sit out because they just aren't going to be durable enough.

Love that this is like another 'goalie loss', one night after getting 19 svs from our goalie in the third and barely leaving our own zone.

Was it the terrible giveaways, clean breakaways or wide-open tap ins that were stoppable this time. And oh yeah, let's compare xGA because it'll probably be a surprise that all of our 7 goalies numbers will be identical behind the same crap team.

Reactions: Omar Little

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Justin Braun if he doesn’t retire is a cheap guy that is still okay defensively. He’s not good, but can fill that Ben Lovejoy role.
In his role, as a shepherd of young, more offensive minded lhd, as well as a being an anchor on the right side of the PK. Lovejoy was pretty good his last year here.

Could Subban play that same role? I doubt he could be the penalty kill presence, but he is certainly more talented then Lovejoy, and maybe at this stage in his career he is willing to acknowledge that he is not going to get the same minutes he once was awarded.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Sucks Hughes got that knee. I don't know if there's anything we can do about that hit, but clearly the concern is that we're going to have to watch these core guys sit out because they just aren't going to be durable enough.

Love that this is like another 'goalie loss', one night after getting 19 svs from our goalie in the third and barely leaving our own zone.

Was it the terrible giveaways, clean breakaways or wide-open tap ins that were stoppable this time. And oh yeah, let's compare xGA because it'll probably be a surprise that all of our 7 goalies numbers will be identical behind the same crap team.
I think we’re a goaltender away from possibly making the playoffs… and getting the shit kicked out of us.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Our young skaters are the truth. They just need a better coach, couple plugs to fill some holes, and goaltending.
I agree the goaltending is an issue. I also agree coaching, especially on the PP is an issue, but does a season like this change the opinions of fans in regards to the importance of "plugs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad