GDT: Islanders (31-27-9) @ Devils (24-38-6) - 4:00PM - TNT/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not putting this on Lindy at all. It's not his job to be worrying about Daws long term development. He's throwing out the best goalie we have (lol) in order to win games. Fitz has the power to take his toy away and do what is best for the team and Daws in the long run.
I think you're absolutely right on Fitz and that's why I say he needs to step in and send him back. He's only enabling Ruff to keep blowing him up out there.

While I'm disgusted with Ruff for continuing to throw him out there, I also can't blame him as he's gotta cover his own ass. It sucks, but I understand why he's doing it.

If Daws is on the roster for Tuesday's game it's definitely not a good look from Fitz.

I do foresee Daws getting sent back before the season ends, but I'm not sure it's gonna be this soon. Unfortunately, we probably have 2 more weeks (and god knows how many more bad games and in-game yanks) of him before they just say ''f*** it! Let the other two play the last couple weeks''.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think you're absolutely right on Fitz and that's why I say he needs to step in and send him back. He's only enabling Ruff to keep blowing him up out there.

While I'm disgusted with Ruff for continuing to throw him out there, I also can't blame him as he's gotta cover his own ass. It sucks, but I understand why he's doing it.

If Daws is on the roster for Tuesday's game it's definitely not a good look from Fitz.

I do foresee Daws getting sent back before the season ends, but I'm not sure it's gonna be this soon. Unfortunately, we probably have 2 more weeks (and god knows how many more bad games and in-game yanks) of him before they just say ''f*** it! Let the other two play the last couple weeks''.

With Jack likely being out for the season then we're ultra mega f***ed anyway so it's not like we'll be winning any games anyway. Cut the cord right now. We're coming for Arizona

Reactions: Bleedred

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I believe it's his last year, correct?

Of course just because he's under contract for another year doesn't mean he won't be sacked.

Hynes had multiple years remaining and (I think) was even in the first year of a new deal when he got canned. Nashville swooped in and picked up the rest of that deal.

I can't see Ruff getting another NHL head coaching gig again after this, unless Buffalo wants to do the reunion tour when they're run out of nobodies to hire. It does scream a Buffalo move.

I could see him still ''Working'' here next year in another role and them letting him resign. Not in a coaching position, but possibly as a scout or special assignment coach that watches games from home or goes on the road to scout.
I honestly don't know. I just know Ruff isn't on the list of 11 expiring and interim coaches they had on SN yesterday.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How quickly we forget Bratt has had these fits of inconsistency every year including the first several games this year. At least his highs have been much higher and lasted much longer this year, while there hasn’t been as many valleys either.
He’s been really good this season since about the second week of the season. This is the first dip in his play in a long time. I expected him to be past it. He’s taken it to another level this season and these last few games something is off. Hopefully he channels his inner Lovejoy and has a hat trick next game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There’s always the Blackwood possibility if he ever gets out of witness protection long enough to play a few.
I'm not too psyched about seeing him either.

The goalie position this year has just totally drained me to the point that I don't wanna see a single goalie that played a single second this year on next year's team.

Not even Bernier, but only because I think he's shot to shit after his injury and into Rask territory. Not because he soured me enough with his play. His worst game played this year (and only really bad one) was the last we heard of him.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How quickly we forget Bratt has had these fits of inconsistency every year including the first several games this year. At least his highs have been much higher and lasted much longer this year, while there hasn’t been as many valleys either.

He was great to start the year. The puck just wouldn't go in.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

With Jack likely being out for the season then we're ultra mega f***ed anyway so it's not like we'll be winning any games anyway. Cut the cord right now. We're coming for Arizona
I haven't been following it except to know that Jack took a hit on the knee from Wahlstrom. He then returned to the ice for at least a shift. Is there information that he's out for the season? I am wondering why you think it's likely?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I highly doubt they shut Jack down, unless he's hurt to the point where he can't play, which he could be.

You just know they're gonna trot him out there, so long as it's not serious enough where he can't even be cleared to play.

I'm skeptical they aren't after how much Blackwood kept getting thrown out there until it was too hard to ignore anymore.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I haven't been following it except to know that Jack took a hit on the knee from Wahlstrom. He then returned to the ice for at least a shift. Is there information that he's out for the season? I am wondering why you think it's likely?

There's no new info. I'm just going to be skeptical and assume he's out

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
From what I saw (hyperextension, skated after etc.) it's unlikely it's that bad of an injury. With that being said, I think it's likely they might shut him down regardless with only a handful of games left.

Camille the Eel

There's no new info. I'm just going to be skeptical and assume he's out
It didn't really look that bad to me. Either a bruise and or Charlie horse of the thigh on the side that took the hit, or a not too shocking hyper extension whiplash of the knee after the hit, from the replay angles I've watched. That he returned to the ice afterwards was a super good sign. So perhaps, quite possibly, he just started to stiffen up and get sore and they figured "why not just ice it and let him rest." There's no reason anyway to assume the worst.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It didn't really look that bad to me. Either a bruise and or Charlie horse of the thigh on the side that took the hit, or a not too shocking hyper extension whiplash of the knee after the hit, from the replay angles I've watched. That her returned to the ice afterwards was a super good sign. So perhaps, quite possibly, he just started to stiffen up and get sore and they figured "why not just ice it and let him rest." There's no reason anyway to assume the worst.

He returned to the ice and couldn't skate.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Here's the list of expiring and interim coaches:

Dallas Eakins
Derek King
Jeff Blashill
Rick Bowness
Jay Woodcroft
Andrew Brunette
Martin St. Louis
John Hynes
Mike Yeo
Bruce Boudreau
Dave Lowry

Damn that's terrible. I doubt they try for Boudreau, they already had a chance at him. Any guys outside the NHL on our radar?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I wonder how far back we'd have to go until we can count 3 (non Daws) positive GSAx games. Are we going back to November to reach that total?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
interesting because I was listening to Chico (while cooking) who said that he was moving okay. They didn't seem to see anything shocking. Could have been discomfort and stiffening up maybe?

He went for a spin during commercial and decided to take a shift. Took a shift and looked like Bambi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad