GDT: Islanders (31-27-9) @ Devils (24-38-6) - 4:00PM - TNT/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

He went for a spin during commercial and decided to take a shift. Took a shift and looked like Bambi
Sounds like it hurt, doesn't it? But not like structural damage. (I am being Polyanna here, see, but it does seem like a soreness and range for motion issue once he tried it out - how fast a healer is he therefore and yeah they may just shut him down, I get that).

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I cannot see them letting Jack , cornerstone one of their franchise players , be allowed to go back out on the ice if there was any potential for the injury to be knee / ligament damage type of injury . It would be idiotic if so . Better not be shying that could be serious knee issues .

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He returned to the ice and couldn't skate.
I mean he didn't skate hard, but he was able to skate a little, go back and put some weight on there. That's a good sign to me. If it was THAT bad, he probably wouldn't even. have come back at all tbh.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Palmieri goal was so ugly.

I don't care how good of a shooter he is. That shot was from too far out, it was not one timed, the angle was not a very good one. And it might have even possibly went through him, but it was a bad goal no matter what.

Wooffff.

I remember when Erik Staal's goal in game 7 was like the worst goal against ever, but we see goals like that almost gamely nowadays.

Camille the Eel

There will be firings as well. I know it's become a bit of a meme but I'm all for Deboer if Vegas let's him go
I very much doubt Pete comes back here.

Pandolfo is coaching in college now, right, after being a Cassidy assistant in Boston. Boston's fast pace game is not unlike what we've been developing except that Boston played much more physically aggressive. Where's John Madden - maybe even an assistant GM - but he also would make a great head coach. Also Scott Stevens - is it possible that he wants to be behind an NHL bench and even so would he be a good fit with this uptempo run and gun club? He certainly knows what it takes to win.

I'd love someone with a Devils connection.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
That Palmieri goal was so ugly.

I don't care how good of a shooter he is. That shot was from too far out, it was not one timed, the angle was not a very good one. And it might have even possibly went through him, but it was a bad goal no matter what.

Wooffff.

I remember when Erik Staal's goal in game 7 was like the worst goal against ever, but we see goals like that almost gamely nowadays.
You would like a save there but Palms did everything right, got the goalie moving and labeled a shot back across the grain far side. It was a goal scorers goal for sure. Does daws maybe anticipate that better with more experience ? Maybe.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I cannot see them letting Jack , cornerstone one of their franchise players , be allowed to go back out on the ice if there was any potential for the injury to be knee / ligament damage type of injury . It would be idiotic if so . Better not be shying that could be serious knee issues .
I put almost nothing past this staff or medical team, particularly with the way they've handled the goalies this year. But I don't think it really serves anyone to sit Hughes if it truly is a minor injury.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I very much doubt Pete comes back here.

Pandolfo is coaching in college now, right, after being a Cassidy assistant in Boston. Boston's fast pace game is not unlike what we've been developing except that Boston played much more physically aggressive. Where's John Madden - maybe even an assistant GM - but he also would make a great head coach. Also Scott Stevens - is it possible that he wants to be behind an NHL bench and even so would he be a good fit with this uptempo run and gun club? He certainly knows what it takes to win.

I'd love someone with a Devils connection.
I'm always weary about it in case it doesn't work out...hate to tarnish legacies...I'm really worried about whenever fitz tenure ends and Marty takes over cause you know it's happening.

Maclean went from franchise staple to clown real quick. I'd rather let my heroes remain that way in my head.

As far as Pete goes I'm sure if we came calling he'd at least consider it...everyone from the Lou era is gone...he has no prior experience with this group..after the first cpl training camp questions from our lack of media it will be no different than any other job

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm always weary about it in case it doesn't work out...hate to tarnish legacies...I'm really worried about whenever fitz tenure ends and Marty takes over cause you know it's happening.

Maclean went from franchise staple to clown real quick. I'd rather let my heroes remain that way in my head

I don't really know why but I've viewed Marty as a clown for years so that'd change nothing for me. I really don't want him in charge though. I feel like that'd be a disaster

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really know why but I've viewed Marty as a clown for years so that'd change nothing for me. I really don't want him in charge though. I feel like that'd be a disaster
I don't view him as a clown, but keep the f*** away from the GM position.

I'm also not very happy with this Rogalski guy we hired as goalie coach, who Marty pretty much outed himself as having a hand in that one on a podcast.

I may be unfair to Rogalski for slamming him for Blackwood's poor play since he took over and Melanson got canned, but we likely won't know for a while if Rogalski sucks or not.

I don't blame Rogalski for the failure of Jon Gillies, nor for not being able to help make Daws and Schmid NHL ready.

Reactions: Hisch13r

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I'm also not very happy with this Rogalski guy we hired as goalie coach, who Marty pretty much outed himself as having a hand in that one on a podcast.

I may be unfair to Rogalski for slamming him for Blackwood's poor play since he took over and Melanson got canned, but we likely won't know for a while if Rogalski sucks or not.

I don't blame Rogalski for the failure of Jon Gillies, nor for not being able to help make Daws and Schmid NHL ready.
So are you ready to bring Cory back for maybe five or six years after his top performance today?

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I feel like we'd go full dinosaur mode with Marty

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We shouldn't be hiring DeBoer, because I don't think we're ready for him yet.

The organization is so different that I wouldn't think he would never come back again just because he was here before and got fired, but I think we're too young and still too unproven to be bringing him in.

If Trotz were on the hot seat (I don't believe he's anywhere near it) you know Lou would be trying to get Pete over there.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The list of all time great players that also became good GMs is pretty damn short, so I'd say keep Marty away from that. Although to be honest I'm not sure that would really interest him anyway.

Reactions: Bleedred

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The list of all time great players that also became good GMs is pretty damn short, so I'd say keep Marty away from that. Although to be honest I'm not sure that would really interest him anyway.

He was an AGM so who knows. Hopefully he hated it and wouldn't want a GM role.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He probably has much more security in his current role, which he allows him to have a hands-on approach, but to also lay back and just hang out in the background, without being THE guy as far as management goes.

Reactions: My3Sons

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Agreed. Something about listening to Marty over the years makes me think he would be an awful GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad