Is this the worst flop ever ?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The amount of whining from Smith after the refs didn't buy it is what is truly remarkable. Guy has no shame.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
The amount of whining from Smith after the refs didn't buy it is what is truly remarkable. Guy has no shame.

You know I am on your side ... but still, what he is saying is basically that he didn't sell an obvious interference enough. The same thing we are talking about with McD who doesn't embellish despite having numerous occasions every game.

To me, and I have no sympathy for Smith, he thinks the call is interference and is just critisizing himself for not over-doing it so that the refs would call it. Seeing the level of reffing lately I can honestly sympathize with that

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Not bashing Syd at all, I just love this gif. Especially because it's against the Lightning.

crosby_01.gif

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
came in here hoping to see a Mike Smith video and OP delivered. all is right in the hockey universe
dude is a gigantic worm

anyone remember this?

vhannd.gif

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Crosby is embellishing to be sure (Syd, really?) but what Downie's doing is still incredibly dirty/dangerous.

.... how is that?

Come on. We all have answers to each situation apparently. I call a big ******* bs on that. I went down as freaking lumber when another player tapped me on the back of knee. My own team mates laughed at me, but my legs just folded.

It is just stupid to assume you know unless you actually know what you are talking about.

Ps. Look at syd's right leg ... that hurts

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
.... how is that?

Come on. We all have answers to each situation apparently. I call a big ******* bs on that. I went down as freaking lumber when another player tapped me on the back of knee. My own team mates laughed at me, but my legs just folded.

It is just stupid to assume you know unless you actually know what you are talking about.

Ps. Look at syd's right leg ... that hurts

I'm fine agreeing to disagree, I've spent plenty of time defending Crosby when it's warranted. Just calling it as I see it.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'm fine agreeing to disagree, I've spent plenty of time defending Crosby when it's warranted. Just calling it as I see it.

... agreeing to disagree is a bit premature imo but to each his own.

Yeah well, before I take your word for it I ' d like to see you on the ice with the lower part of your leg bending in beneath another player. I have experienced something similar (the opponents stick bending doing the work) and there is little you can do about it apart from fold...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yeah well, before I take your word for it I ' d like to see you on the ice with the lower part of your leg bending in beneath another player. I have experienced something similar (the opponents stick bending doing the work) and there is little you can do about it apart from fold...

I'll work on getting that video over to you tonight, I'm a little busy with Christmas coming up and all but I should be able to get to the rink at some point and squeeze it in for you.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
You know I am on your side ... but still, what he is saying is basically that he didn't sell an obvious interference enough. The same thing we are talking about with McD who doesn't embellish despite having numerous occasions every game.

To me, and I have no sympathy for Smith, he thinks the call is interference and is just critisizing himself for not over-doing it so that the refs would call it. Seeing the level of reffing lately I can honestly sympathize with that

I mean that slash on the leg where he collapsed and got mad when the ref didn't call a slashing penalty on Edmonton. They showed him multiple times after whistles complaining to the refs about that non-call.

I think what you're talking about is the contact on the Oilers first goal and how they might have called it back if he embellished more. I get what he is saying there.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's an amateur. Bishop would've gone down like he was shot, thrown off his helmet, rolled around a couple of times and pounded his fists on the ice until trainer Tom Mulligan came out to talk with him for a few minutes as he lay prone on the ice completely motionless. Then to thunderous applause he arises to his feet with a grimace on his face, pulls on his mask and watches as the Lightning start their power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad