Post-Game Talk: Is there such a thing as a disappointing win?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Somebody give me a beat:

We need the kass attack back from his sore back....

Edit: I ate some edibles tonight

How much did you have, seems like you ate the whole pack? Don't hold back, sweat until your soaking wet and looking like Darnell Nurse shooting at an open net, Don't kid yourself, that could of been a loss though, without a couple deadly power play attempts and a Kostco...

Reactions: Rodd from Leduc

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Must-win game to get back the division lead, against a team that just ridiculed us 5-1 a couple weeks ago. Disappointment after regaining the division title and winning a game we should of lost is mind blowing. This win was extremely satisfying

Shout out to Pittsburgh for shutting down the Yotes, and best of luck to the Hawks, make it 3 wins in a row and defeat Arizona on Sunday

Reactions: McDraekke

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
How much did you have, seems like you ate the whole pack? Don't hold back, sweat until your soaking wet and looking like Darnell Nurse shooting at an open net, Don't kid yourself, that could of been a loss though, without a couple deadly power play attempts and a Kostco...
That was awesome dude.
I can hear it. It flows

Reactions: Mowzie

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Nuge and his bruise and his sore arm.... He's on IR so he's disarmed...

Go for it bro!

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
With two of our top 5 forwards(we do not have a top six yet) out of the line up we just need to hold the fort. Kosk was huge and you gotta wonder if a Vezina nomination is not out of the question.

Reactions: tardigrade81

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Lots of mini stories about Oiler players in this one. Guys like Kosk and Lars having a rebound game. They both played hard and redeemed a bad game against Ottawa. Tippett with a great coach's challenge and really good decision to start Kosk again and play Larsson as much as he did. Kings may have out-shot the Oilers but a lot of their shots were perimeter. Still, Kosk was HUGE when he needed to be.

Back atop the division where we should be. Let's not lose that crown again.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
I do understand the logic of splitting McDavid and Draisaitl up when Nuge and Kassian are out. I would probably do it myself. Only problem is, we go from a one-line-team to a zero-line-team at even strength. So we basically have to rely on the PP, the PK and the goalie. It somehow (just) worked against the Kings, but it is not a strategy that is going to work every night - or even most nights.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Need to figure our crap out at 5-on-5.
Thankful the special teams and goaltending has been stellar this year, right now the sole reason we are where we are.
But over 82 games, we're going to need far more even strength progress than this to keep our spot in the picture.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I do understand the logic of splitting McDavid and Draisaitl up when Nuge and Kassian are out. I would probably do it myself. Only problem is, we go from a one-line-team to a zero-line-team at even strength. So we basically have to rely on the PP, the PK and the goalie. It somehow (just) worked against the Kings, but it is not a strategy that is going to work every night - or even most nights.
Slide Nuge in place of Gagner and that line would look very good.
Put Kassian on the McDavid line and it would look good.

Two decent lines.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
What the hell was Nurse doing there. Looked like he double clutched and then just coughed it up.

I rewatched Nurses play about 5 times by myself, couldn't figure out what happened, and then got the wife to watch it a few times, and she couldn't figure it out either. It's almost like he didn't realize where the puck was when he started his back-swing for his shot, and then he hit the puck earlier into the shot than anticipated. It was very strange looking.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I was at the game and I actually thought we outplayed the Kings for the first two periods. The shots favoured the Kings but our scoring chances were much more high danger.

Third period was a turd though, lol. The incredulity among the audience after the empty net stuff was palpable. I laughed out loud when the guy deflected P. Russell's shot away. And the Nurse thing was inexplicable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad