Is there any fanbase that wants Pens to win game 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I hate to say it, never been an Ottawa fan. There's some cool stories there, but id rather see Pittsburgh repeat.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Bring on the Pens. If Nashville manages to win the Cup this year I'd prefer it be a series against the defending champ.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't want Boucher's anti-hockey to win, so by default I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.

Hockey is that sport on the ice with hockey sticks. You have to change the channel. You were on basketball buddy.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I'm an Oilers fan and I want Pens to win for the following reasons: they had to get through two incredible teams while Sens feasted on injured Bruins and weak NYR, I believe Ottawa is a fluke team who likely misses playoffs next year (assuming no huge upgrades), Ottawa's style is bad for hockey, and a Canadian market not selling out playoff games is shameful

Give me a ****ing break.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
It's the excitement factor.

Nashville brings that, But I wouldn't watch another wowies me, feel good slugfest brought about by survival mode.

I get why people don't want the Pens in it. New SC winners and such, but it comes at the cost of the product I wouldn't watch for another 7 game drawn out series even if it's the finals. That's just how bad Ottawa is.

They are undeserving of this beyond the feel good, wowies me narratives.

You want to talk about boring.

I see enough of it played out in life. That's not why I watch hockey.

Enjoyment lost.

"The team that took my team to 7 games is bad."

This thread is priceless.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
How many people were *****ing about Boston deploying the trap on their way to their cup?

Even Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA played the trap en route to their cup wins. Fans don't pay attention to the facts.

All those teams got a lead and made sure they had 5 guys goalside of the puck clogging up the neutral zone.

But because they have #1 overall draft picks on their roster it's ok.

I've watched games of past winners a second time and they litterally play the 1-3-1 when they have a lead. I'm looking at Pittsburgh. I'm looking at Chicago. They all played the same trap strategy when up in a game.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Then you want Ottawa to win. More OT games. More comebacks.

Ottawa's games have been more of a rollercoaster of excitement than Pittsburghs games these playoffs.

Really. It's been an Ottawa postseason full of multi-goal comebacks, one-goal wins and losses, highlight-reel goals, empty-net drama, and sudden-death winners. I'm never bored. The supposed trap has hardly been a factor in this series, although they did manage to get the LD lock going in the third last night.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens will win game 7 as the better team will win. But Hockey is better served with the skills being the show rather than strategy that goes against letting players skate freely. Total trap teams are not consistent with what the game is designed to do.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
I see now that we are in Game 7 of the ECF, all of the salty criticisms of the Sens are culminating into one big climax of:

Sens are a bad, lucky, team that plays an extremely boring style of hockey that is bad for the game, who are only in Game 7 of the ECF because they are playing teams with significant injuries to their team (Ottawa of course, is as healthy as a horse) and having the refs help them at every turn to win hockey games.

That's literally what I'm getting from this thread and the series thread.

Pathetic.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Pens will win game 7 as the better team will win. But Hockey is better served with the skills being the show rather than strategy that goes against letting players skate freely. Total trap teams are not consistent with what the game is designed to do.

:laugh:

Wtf does this even mean?

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
whats better for the league overall

1-two powerhouses making the finals like pit-chi

2-two 90'ish point teams in small markets

I'd like to think the ''anything can happen'' message sent to fans of smaller market teams is better in a league looking to continue to grow roots in non traditional markets .

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I'm torn ... I'd like Ottawa in but do not want Nashville to win and think Pitt would give them more trouble.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

You must have hated the last 20 + winners as they've all employed the trap most of the games, and 100% of the time they are up in the game.

Look at old tapes. The Stanley cup winning team when up in a game made sure all of their players were goalside of the puck in defensive position.

Seriously, go back and look.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Hoping for Predators vs Senators. DESPISE the Penguins, most of their fanbase, and the way the league shoves them down our throats all the time.

I feel like after these playoffs, the Sens and Devils fans will be forming an alliance, especially if we happen to beat Pitt and/or win the cup. Everything said about us was said about your team years ago. :laugh:

I still always enjoyed that Devils sweep of the Red Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad