Is there any fanbase that wants Pens to win game 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Hell, I'm a Sens fan and now that we know the Predators are in the final I kinda want them to have to go through Pittsburgh. Not enough to cheer for Pittsburgh, but I don't like the idea of the Preds lucking out by facing the Sens and winning a cup that way. Everyone should have to go through Pittsburgh.

Not enough to change who I root for. But a part of me kinda wants the Preds to get Pittsburgh. And if the Preds beat them too then by God no one can say they didn't deserve it.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Everyone should hope for the Pens to win. Aside from Sid and Geno being extremely dirty players, their team plays the right way. Sens on the other hand are everything that's wrong with winning hockey. The deeper they go, the worse it'll be for hockey.

Posts like this are so confusing. You lament the way the Sens play yet there hasn't been a single puck dumped into the Pens zone that didn't involve at least 2 players skating into the lane of the forechecker.

People don't like the trap and yet for some reason they tolerate the obstruction and interference that is plaguing the game and ruining it more than any single other defensive element.

I know why people don't say anything. Because it's a popularity contest. Plain and simple. The Penguins are a more popular team with more popular players so nobody really cares.

But when a "horrible" team like Ottawa comes along and use a defensive tactic that the majority of teams in the NHL implement a version of suddenly it's the ****ing reckoning and the NHL is doomed to forever be a barren wasteland of offense because of it.

Give it a ****ing break. It's such a load of *********.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The real question is:

Other than Nashville and Ottawa fans, is there anyone that will watch a Nashville/Ottawa SCF?

Other than Sens and Pens fan is anyone watching the ECF ? Think about the answer to that question and then apply it to your own.

possesthepuck

Nov 23, 2013
Kenora Ontario
Posts like this are so confusing. You lament the way the Sens play yet there hasn't been a single puck dumped into the Pens zone that didn't involve at least 2 players skating into the lane of the forechecker.

People don't like the trap and yet for some reason they tolerate the obstruction and interference that is plaguing the game and ruining it more than any single other defensive element.

I know why people don't say anything. Because it's a popularity contest. Plain and simple. The Penguins are a more popular team with more popular players so nobody really cares.

But when a "horrible" team like Ottawa comes along and use a defensive tactic that the majority of teams in the NHL implement a version of suddenly it's the ****ing reckoning and the NHL is doomed to forever be a barren wasteland of offense because of it.

Give it a ****ing break. It's such a load of *********.

No kidding, the kid talks about playing hockey the right way and he's never coached a day in his life. lol. The only thing that matters is results and as it stand the series is tied going to 7. Let that speak for itself, to say one plays a better game or another is the favorite is fanboyish.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
So what exactly should Ottawa do? Try to play the speed n skill game and get killed? Should Boucher tell the players "guys, we blow and play a boring style of hockey so let's roll over and let the exciting Pens demolish us"? Like if we lost in the first round, everyone would be chirping the sens for choking but no that they're winning it's the worst thing that could possibly happen to hockey? The door's that way, now gtfo of here whiners

other teams will start copying them

the league will become boring and unwatchable, and most will take your advice and use the door

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Hell, I'm a Sens fan and now that we know the Predators are in the final I kinda want them to have to go through Pittsburgh. Not enough to cheer for Pittsburgh, but I don't like the idea of the Preds lucking out by facing the Sens and winning a cup that way. Everyone should have to go through Pittsburgh.

Not enough to change who I root for. But a part of me kinda wants the Preds to get Pittsburgh. And if the Preds beat them too then by God no one can say they didn't deserve it.
huh? you want your team to lose?

i want pitt to win for kessel baby, but i want nashville to take the cup always been a fan

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
huh? you want your team to lose?

i want pitt to win for kessel baby, but i want nashville to take the cup always been a fan

Literally the next sentence was "not enough to cheer for Pittsburgh" and then I said it again a second time. Try to keep up.

I stand behind the point that everyone will view a Preds Stanley Cup victory as cheap if it's against the Sens. Columbus, Washington, and Ottawa, had to go through Pittsburgh. I feel like Nashville should too, to see what they're really made of.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't know Pens have been pretty boring to watch this series. I may be one of the few that likes to see good defensive hockey. The game is now as much about winning as it is about entertaining people. So use every single advantage you have to do so. Would love to see a Nashville vs ottawa Final. or a Nashvilee vs Pens final. May the best team win. And no the best team isn't the one with the most star power the best team is the one that wins game 7 of the ECF within the confines of the rules. Otherwise your just a loser. It's up to the Pens to beat the defensive structure of the Sens. If they can't do it they don't deserve to be in the final. After that the best team is the one who wins the Cup.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Literally the next sentence was "not enough to cheer for Pittsburgh" and then I said it again a second time. Try to keep up.

I stand behind the point that everyone will view a Preds Stanley Cup victory as cheap if it's against the Sens. Columbus, Washington, and Ottawa, had to go through Pittsburgh. I feel like Nashville should too, to see what they're really made of.

They went through the Hawks, Blues and Ducks on their way to the final. That is a pretty damn hard road to tread.

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
Seeing Karlsson and Phaneauf lift the cup would be cool with me.

Also watching Anderson, after everything with his wife this year

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Other than direct rivals, why wouldn't people want a NSH-PIT SCF? Can you imagine how gold it will be?

It's the excitement factor.

Nashville brings that, But I wouldn't watch another wowies me, feel good slugfest brought about by survival mode.

I get why people don't want the Pens in it. New SC winners and such, but it comes at the cost of the product I wouldn't watch for another 7 game drawn out series even if it's the finals. That's just how bad Ottawa is.

They are undeserving of this beyond the feel good, wowies me narratives.

You want to talk about boring.

I see enough of it played out in life. That's not why I watch hockey.

Enjoyment lost.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
People are entertained by different things. There's no wrong answer here. Seeing a cupless franchise with some feel-good stories (personal adversity of some players) win in the playoffs has its entertainment value for some people. Some people want exciting back-and-forth hockey and the Pens offer that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's the excitement factor.

Nashville brings that, But I wouldn't watch another wowies me, feel good slugfest brought about by survival mode.

I get why people don't want the Pens in it. New SC winners and such, but it comes at the cost of the product I wouldn't watch for another 7 game drawn out series even if it's the finals. That's just how bad Ottawa is.

They are undeserving of this beyond the feel good, wowies me narratives.

You want to talk about boring.

I see enough of it played out in life. That's not why I watch hockey.

Enjoyment lost.
See, that's part of the reason I don't really care if they repeat :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad