Is there any argument for Drai > McD like before there was Geno > Sid

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
I know everyone liked Mallon and his Skillset is/was incredibly but did anyone really think he was better than Sid? Or are we just talking like he was better for a season or something?

well, until 2012, malkin had more Art Rosses, CS (and what CS run, one of the best in recent times) and as many Hart as Sid, not to mention he already proved back then that his stats were (much) better when Sid was out than when he was there.
So until 2012 at least, there was definitely a case for Geno being at least as good as Sid, at the very least in term of individual achievements.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
of course it ****ing means something when you had guys like Lemieux or Kessel reacting to that thing
Lol what?

your argument for why it’s important enough to bring up unprovoked in a thread 3 years later is ... Lemieux and Kessel reacted to it? I’m confused on what point you think you made tbh.

This has nothing to do with the thread content and is old as shit. Let it go man lol.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Can definitely make the argument that Draisaitl has been the better player this season because he has. He's been the best player in the league. He hasn't surpassed McDavid as the best player in the world though, he's just having the best season. I fully expect McDavid to come back next season finally fully back to 100% from his knee injury and take over the scoring race.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
No it wasnt. It was generally only done late in game when they were down. Outside of the PP of course

We don't have data for 06-07, but in 07-08 and 08-09, Crosby and Malkin played 709:34 together at 5v5, which was roughly 38% of each of their total 5v5 minutes, and Malkin had a point on 42 of Crosby's 106 ES points during this period (40%). They weren't Draisaitl and McDavid but they played together far more than people seem to remember.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Flame shields on. I am not saying Drai > McDavid. Just asking if a person can make the argument that Draisaitl is the better player in the way that some said Malkin is better than Sid. Or is it not comparable at all.

Now that Drai is leading league in pts. Malkin overtook Sid many times though infrequently.

Malkin was never a better player than Crosby nor is Draisaitl better than McDavid.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
It could be a genius bet

Draisaitl's game is more size predicated, and that takes longer to develop. McDavid could very well have knee issues going forward that at least somewhat impact him. Also Draisaitl's size/style is better in a vacuum at dealing with interference, since refs will never give McDavid more than half of the calls he deserves

If he's better it's not because of one generational talent but many near generational talents plus size and durability

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Is McDavid gonna get injured every second season and miss significant time?

Hopefully not but if that is what the future holds then...... I just want my teams player on the ice.

Is Draisaitl never going to suffer an injury? Maybe not, maybe he'll slip on a banana peel on the way to the rink. I mean come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad