Is there a worse broadcast then the Boston Bruins?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wish they would ban Edwards from using the word "lanes". It seems like he uses it 20 times a game

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
To answer the question of this whole thread...…………..NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edwards and Andy Brickhead, are absolutely the NHL's worst by a landslide.

Last edited by a moderator:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Edwards and Brick are top 75% in the league. Edwards is playing a character that the Boston fans love. See him do a non Boston game on NBC during the year and you immediately see how good he is.

He is a national level play by play announcer. Jeff Rimer is awful. Look at low dollar, regional only people for the worst

Reactions: NeelyWasAWarrior

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Is Edwards the guy with the horrendously dopey and stereotypical Southie accent?

edit: Honestly, the accent wouldn't really bother me it all if it wasn't combined with the incredibly biased remarks favoring his team (he might be the worst in this regard).

Reactions: Gnashville

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
Chara could stab a guy with a Bowie knife at centre ice and Edwards would be complaining how the Police are one sided, arresting Chara for murder, saying the opposing player fell on his knife.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just watching the Nashville/Boston game and PB scored a goal and they gloated about how nice it was etc etc, going through the replay 4 or 5 times on the broadcast. To anyone with a brain it was obvious the only reason he scored was because Roman Josi bumped Rinnes skate and knocked him over. Not once did they mention it, and then during the intermission some other twits were talking about the goal and once again not one person mentioned Rinne getting knocked over essentially giving PB an empty net.

This is on top of him basically calling any penalties towards Boston laughable bad calls.. I know I’m ranting but does anyone else get supremely agitated listening to this guy? He is unbelievable. End of rant
I don’t mind a homer. That’s actually fine. Particularly on tv. The viewer can see what’s happening. I think of tv announcers as pals to watch the game with.
But out-and-out misrepresenting what’s happening and/or gloating and belittling the opponent. That’s garbage. Not sure how the Bruins guys are. I always thought of them as simply homers and playing to the home crowd. Nothing too bad. I find Denis Potvin to be truly repugnant though. For what it’s worth.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Edwards and Brick are top 75% in the league. Edwards is playing a character that the Boston fans love. See him do a non Boston game on NBC during the year and you immediately see how good he is.

He is a national level play by play announcer. Jeff Rimer is awful. Look at low dollar, regional only people for the worst
Yeah, in your world.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
As a Bruins fan, all other broadcasts are worse for me personally. Why should I care about balanced coverage? I am emotionally invested in the game and if the announcer shares that with me, it only improves the experience. Watching other broadcasts creates a bit of dissonance for me since the response of the commentators to what is happening on the ice does not match my own emotional reaction to it. Maybe that's what fans of other teams experience with Edwards, but he is catering to the Boston market and does that well.

" THIS BUILDING IS VIBRATING "

and

" HEARTS OF LIONS "

Those will go down as two of the very best calls in Boston sports history.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Is Edwards the guy with the horrendously dopey and stereotypical Southie accent?

edit: Honestly, the accent wouldn't really bother me it all if it wasn't combined with the incredibly biased remarks favoring his team (he might be the worst in this regard).
It’s not Edwards but that accent has to be faked it too stereotypical to be real.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I’m watching the same game and think the same thing every time NESN does a broadcast. It’s awful. Anything the Bruins do is praised beyond belief, anything the opposition does is disregarded for one reason or another.

Bruins and White Sox have the two worst broadcasters in sports imo.
Hawk retired.

Last edited:

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The most annoying broadcaster though might be the Blackhawks guy who does a bizarre muppet voice when the goalie makes a good save.

"And a SAVE by Crawford."

He sounds like a 1930's baseball announcer on acid when he does that.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Unless you are Bruins fan it’s hard to listen to the broadcast
I don’t bother tuning to it

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Gotcha. Good riddance then, now I can watch white Sox games again.
As a Cubs fan it was a long time coming. Although I did kinda get choked up by his last farewell on air, he loves the Sox and his job.

Reactions: tgo0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad