Is there a worse broadcast then the Boston Bruins?

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Just watching the Nashville/Boston game and PB scored a goal and they gloated about how nice it was etc etc, going through the replay 4 or 5 times on the broadcast. To anyone with a brain it was obvious the only reason he scored was because Roman Josi bumped Rinnes skate and knocked him over. Not once did they mention it, and then during the intermission some other twits were talking about the goal and once again not one person mentioned Rinne getting knocked over essentially giving PB an empty net.

This is on top of him basically calling any penalties towards Boston laughable bad calls.. I know I’m ranting but does anyone else get supremely agitated listening to this guy? He is unbelievable. End of rant

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Brickley’s accent is tough on the ear but he’d be tolerable with a less clownish PBP guy.

Reactions: Konk

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I’m watching the same game and think the same thing every time NESN does a broadcast. It’s awful. Anything the Bruins do is praised beyond belief, anything the opposition does is disregarded for one reason or another.

Bruins and White Sox have the two worst broadcasters in sports imo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Denis Potvin is so terrible it doesn't matter who's doing PBP. He was awful in Ottawa, awful in Florida. But on top of being ridiculously biased, he doesn't know what he's talking about either.

Reactions: BigM2 and Mach8

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Denis Potvin is so terrible it doesn't matter who's doing PBP. He was awful in Ottawa, awful in Florida. But on top of being ridiculously biased, he doesn't know what he's talking about either.
I'll forever remember when he called for a suspension for Kucherov for his hit on Barkov last season. Said that if it wasn't a star player it would've been one. But I mean we had Chief and everyone loved him so can we really complain about someone being biased?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Who cares? I don't get why people get triggered by homer announcers? They are homers. Big deal. 90% of people watching that is a Bruins fan. They are catering to the fan base.

I get that Edwards is irritating and gets homerish (especially when a Bruins player is in a fight that he's clearly losing) but he wouldn't have a job if he doesn't keep up that persona.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Who cares? I don't get why people get triggered by homer announcers? They are homers. Big deal. 90% of people watching that is a Bruins fan. They are catering to the fan base.

I get that Edwards is irritating and gets homerish (especially when a Bruins player is in a fight that he's clearly losing) but he wouldn't have a job if he doesn't keep up that persona.

Leaf fans aren't allowed to even have Joe Bowen on their local feed or else people cry about bias. The stations therefore don't employ him to try and fight that image. If we can't have it no other fans should either. They should call every game evenly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fans aren't allowed to even have Joe Bowen on their local feed or else people cry about bias. The stations therefore don't employ him to try and fight that image. If we can't have it no other fans should either. They should call every game evenly.

That is the decision of Sportsnet.

NESN can do whatever it wants. Leafs don't have homer announcers but I don't really watch hockey for the opinions of dinosaurs anyways. The only guy I like listening to is Ferraro on TSN. Everyone else is shit all around.

Joe Bowen would often get sidetracked talking to Millen and not call the game for over 5 minutes. I don't miss him much either. He was good but radio suits him better.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Yup. Theres a reason we have separated team broadcast and not a shared broadcast lol they're gonna be biased almost no matter what because of that. Don't see people complaining about intermission shows being biased lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad