Is there a worse broadcast then the Boston Bruins?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He's actually decent at calling the game; he gives the other teams fair excitement when a goal is scored.

It's just brutal when he goes fanboy, when his emotions take over

Usually in fights , bad calls , if the game gets chippy etc
Most accurate assessment in this thread. As a Bruin's fan I like Edwards for all of the above. Can fully understand why fans of other teams (and some Bruin's fans) get irritated with him.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Does New Jersey still have the broadcast team that completely ignores the game going on and talks about random crap as if it was a baseball broadcast?
Was a couple of years back, but was listening on the radio and you could hear the play going on and crowd reacting to things but the play by play was to the effect of "there's a faceoff" "blah blah blah" (crowd cheers about something, hear a whistle) "blah blah and another faceoff"

Crow

May 19, 2014
Washington capitals radio is the f***ing worst shit I’ve ever heard.

That goal call is nails on a chalk board to me. A screaming baby in a restaurant. And I kind of like the capitals.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just watching the Nashville/Boston game and PB scored a goal and they gloated about how nice it was etc etc, going through the replay 4 or 5 times on the broadcast. To anyone with a brain it was obvious the only reason he scored was because Roman Josi bumped Rinnes skate and knocked him over. Not once did they mention it, and then during the intermission some other twits were talking about the goal and once again not one person mentioned Rinne getting knocked over essentially giving PB an empty net.

This is on top of him basically calling any penalties towards Boston laughable bad calls.. I know I’m ranting but does anyone else get supremely agitated listening to this guy? He is unbelievable. End of rant
Jack Edwards is Absolutely the worst in the league by far.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bruins broadcast is the most biased I see any broadcast.
I don't see that as bad though, local broadcasts should be.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Does New Jersey still have the broadcast team that completely ignores the game going on and talks about random crap as if it was a baseball broadcast?
Was a couple of years back, but was listening on the radio and you could hear the play going on and crowd reacting to things but the play by play was to the effect of "there's a faceoff" "blah blah blah" (crowd cheers about something, hear a whistle) "blah blah and another faceoff"

Avs broadcast used to be famous for this before their pbp guy left this year.

There was a play last year where they started rambling about some inane story. A penalty was called on the avs. The ref made the call on the overhead. Face off occurred. Power play went on for 1.5 minutes before the whistle was blown again. As the teams were getting ready for the faceoff, the story telling finally ended. They had rambled through everything that had happened and there was an awkward silence as they were trying to figure out why the avs only had 4 players on the ice. Their pbp guy broke the silence with "looks like the avs are going on the penalty kill". They're been on the PK for 1.5 minutes, moron.

That was an every game occurrence it seemed. Thank god they replaced him.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Bob Errey in Pittsburgh is insufferable. He loves to mention that he played on a line with Mario, and constantly worships Mario. He's got a lot of inside Pittsburgh information and is very well connected with the team. His knowledge of the team's history is very deep-rooted and he played the game himself at a high level, so you can trust that he at least knows what it's like to be there and play.

He does an okay job of calling things fairly, but I just consistently yell "Shut the f*** up Errey!" at the TV regularly. He just talks about pointless shit half the time.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Bruins broadcast is the most biased I see any broadcast.
I don't see that as bad though, local broadcasts should be.
I think it can be bad because it influences a lot of fans' perceptions of games and players. Then they go online and parrot the stuff they see on the broadcast which is when it becomes annoying.

The wider hockey community is better, I think, if people are exposed to fair and balanced commentary instead of an echo chamber.

Reactions: Oryxo

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This video is why a lot of fans hate Edwards and his homer view of the Bruins. I understand he is their local broadcaster and sucks up their fans, however had this same play happened against any Bruins player he would be screaming for the whistle to be blown and play be stopped.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I love them. It's entertaining listening to them rather than a bland duo. It's the Bruins broadcast, so seeing people upset over homerism just makes them look like snow flakes

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This video is why a lot of fans hate Edwards and his homer view of the Bruins. I understand he is their local broadcaster and sucks up their fans, however had this same play happened against any Bruins player he would be screaming for the whistle to be blown and play be stopped.

Considering the context, he called it pretty well. We see what we want to see and NESN doesn't care that a rival fanbase works themselves up over it. In fact, NESN probably enjoys it even more.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Considering the context, he called it pretty well. We see what we want to see and NESN doesn't care that a rival fanbase works themselves up over it. In fact, NESN probably enjoys it even more.
I remember there was a play earlier in that game when Adam McQuaid looked to be hurt and the whistle was blown with the Leafs taking the puck into the Bruins end which ended a potential scoring chance for them. I'm sure Edwards had no problems with the whistle being blown in that situation so I'm just pointing out his hypocrisy.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I've always been vocal of my dislike for Edwards.

He's clearly an extremely passionate hockey fan. He knows how to call the game quite well and expresses excitement over the right things, regardless of the team involved. It's really unfortunate that he can be so over the top where the Bruins are concerned. You could watch an event with Edwards doing the commentary and with the volume muted and come away with completely different impressions of what happened.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I like Edwards every now and then. But he turns into an ignorant grade A biased nosebleed fan on most occasions which is brutal to listen too.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I remember there was a play earlier in that game when Adam McQuaid looked to be hurt and the whistle was blown with the Leafs taking the puck into the Bruins end which ended a potential scoring chance for them. I'm sure Edwards had no problems with the whistle being blown in that situation so I'm just pointing out his hypocrisy.

McQuaid's was a face/head injury, it does make it different, whether it should or not is a different debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad