Is there a single fan base that doesn't cringe at the name Tim Peel?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tim Peel is just incompetent and feels that he has to make calls to be involved in the game.

He'll call some ticky tack crap early in the first and then for the rest of the game both fanbases are irate at the lack of consistency with that standard.

There you go.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I'm so angry right now...

He should be fired. Really deflating. How does this guy have a job in the league? There are so many videos of him doing bad ****...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
All I know is that it makes me happy to see him ref a game in Boston the night before the Oilers are playing in San Jose. I felt the same way on Saturday night when I saw him doing an Eastern Conference game. I'll have some questions for the league if he's still doing second round games. He's so bad that you know there's going to be some kind of controversy in every game he does. I see he didn't disappoint tonight.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wow when you start memorizing the names of the bloody refs I guess you must be a true die hard hockey fan. I never even heard of the guy until I clicked this thread.

You kind of tend to only remember the bad ones. It's the same thing is baseball, you know a bad umpire when you recognize them or their name.

Similar to Boras as a baseball agent. He's annoying as **** with his tactics and the way he does business so you remember him.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I used to think he hated Anaheim, but eventually it became clear he is just a terrible official.

So much this. :laugh: If you've watched him officiate enough games, you'll realize it's less likely that he has it out for any specific team and more likely that he's just an unstoppable moron.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I actually don't mind him. Some variation in calls is good, keeps teams on their toes and keeps them from being able to only play one way. Also, there is nothing I despise more than DCS.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I actually don't mind him. Some variation in calls is good, keeps teams on their toes and keeps them from being able to only play one way. Also, there is nothing I despise more than DCS.

Inconsistency is the exact opposite of what you want from refs. Players need to know what the rules are so they can play within them.

honkerhitter

Feb 27, 2016
Reading the comments in the GDT for Boston - Ottawa game 3 got me thinking.

Is there a single fan base out there that does not cringe at the ominous name "Tim Peel"? :shakehead

Share your individual Tim Peel related stories!

Nope! Except maybe Vegas? But I'm sure they will hate him after 1 game on the whistle.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Whenever he's calling the game I know it will be a **** show. And it is every single time.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
That penalty on Nash yesterday was a joke for a playoff OT. Take them both or don't take either.

He really does live up to his reputation haha

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Put the pitchforks away this time.

Peel was down in the Ottawa zone when Pastrnak was flattened with a crosscheck to the back (without the puck) but in a scoring area. No call. Schaller also got 2mins from Peel for being punched in the face earlier in the game.

Obviously, there was zero communication last night between the officials as one (Peel) let everything go in OT in his end (Sen's zone) while the other ref grabbed the first thing he could find in the Boston zone (while somehow also missing Ryan's elbow to Nash's head first).

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Maybe the Benny Hill fanbase

Seeing how Yakety Sax should play when he's reffing, haha!

Yeah I remember one game, think it was against Philly or Anaheim, Karlsson gets a tug, he slips and catches the opponent then gets called for slashing. And it was a game-deciding moment.

He is so, so bad!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad