Is there a single fan base that doesn't cringe at the name Tim Peel?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He's a combo of poor calls, poor athleticism and poor positioning. I seldom even notice the name of the officials. Peel and Joannette are the exceptions.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
That's fair. I seem to watch a lot of games with McCauley and he doesn't seem too terrible.

It depends who you get.
Some call bad penalties, some blatantly miss them.
Some refs seem to want the spotlight when it comes to faceoffs, taking too long, constantly tossing guys out.
Some are horrible on icings, some blow the whistle to fast when the puck isn't frozen.
Again, like the umps in baseball, the best keep the game flowing unnoticed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tim Peel is just incompetent and feels that he has to make calls to be involved in the game.

He'll call some ticky tack crap early in the first and then for the rest of the game both fanbases are irate at the lack of consistency with that standard.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I used to think that he hates the Leafs, but I came to realize that he's just grossly incompetent. He doesn't seem to have a great understanding of the rules of hockey.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'll take Tim Peel over this village idiot any day of the week.

vXD0y18.jpg

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I think Eric Furlatt is worse.

Noticed they're doing the Senaters/Bruins game together tonight. That's just awful.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Peel hates the leafs with a passion

He hates the Edmonton Oilers

I used to think he hated Anaheim, but eventually it became clear he is just a terrible official.

List of NHL teams Tim Peel hates

Anaheim Ducks
Arizona Coyotes
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Edmonton Oilers
Florida Panthers
Los Angeles Kings
Minnesota Wild
Montreal Canadiens
Nashville Predators
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Ottawa Senators
San Jose Sharks
St Louis Blues
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs
Vancouver Canucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Washington Capitals
Winnipeg Jets

He's probably in the process of trying to get to ref Vegas' first game just so he can be the first ref to penalize them.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
The NHL looks bad letting this guy continue to be employed by them. He acts like an idiot outside the rink too, seen his act a couple times in bars after games.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Tim Peel actually injured one of my teams players for a long time. Sure bad calls hurt, but a slide tackle to the backwards skating defenseman is the pinnacle of suck.

I have watched this 10 times and still cannot logically work it out how or why he is sliding in that direction. WTF is he doing?

This is the only time I've ever seen Peel get a good look at the puck

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Could not care less. Not every call is going to be perfect, but if my team is good enough to win games, then they will win games. I'm not going to blame the refs if my team sucks and the refs aren't going to cause my team to lose (most of the time, anyway). I figure my team has enough problems without having to worry about the refs.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

3 Guesses as to who let this call go, and claimed that Jokinen "tripped over the net" when Muller asked why there wasn't a call there

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Wow when you start memorizing the names of the bloody refs I guess you must be a true die hard hockey fan. I never even heard of the guy until I clicked this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad