Is there a single fan base that doesn't cringe at the name Tim Peel?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
As an aside - how do refs divvy up their duties during a game? I assume they basically take a zone (Ref1 is camera right all game, Ref2 is camera left all game). That about right? Obviously they both make calls when they see them, but as far as who takes what area that would make sense to me.

If that's the case, I think I should start making upset bets based on which side of the ice Peel seems to be reffing on. I would have to have to defend on his side for 40 minutes with every ticky tack thing being called.

The only good thing I have to say about him is how he yells at divers when he (actually) catches them. But that's a very minor good thing over the host of incompetencies he possesses.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I used to think he hated Anaheim, but eventually it became clear he is just a terrible official.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
No. Peel is just a plain bad referee. He doesnt hate your team, hes just bad.

Chris Lee is also really, really bad.

I recall an Ottawa game or two where BOTH Tim Peel and Chris Lee were refereeing. :laugh:

EDIT: Here is some of Tim Peel's handiwork

He's not only influential with his whistle.

Last edited:

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
People here in St Louis always feel since he lives here that he is harder on the Blues to insure no one can accuse him of being a homer, Same thing with Don Koharski who lived here while he reffed the NHL. All in all I just think they both are bad refs lol

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
No. Peel is just a plain bad referee. He doesnt hate your team, hes just bad.

Chris Lee is also really, really bad.

This. There's a big difference between bias and incompetence. The reffing hurt the Oilers in game 1, but it could have went the other way just as easily

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I usually think of it this way - as bad as Tim Peel is, the fact that he still consistently has a job at the NHL level is a pretty good indicator that so far everyone else who's been tried has been worse.

Pleasant dreams, everyone! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad