Speculation: Is there a goalie out there that can help the Sabres?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Just a reminder for people that seem to want to rush Levi.
Knight has yet to play an AHL game. I don't think I've heard any Sabres fan push for Levi to go right to the NHL.

I think there is a good possibility that Levi turns pro after this season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:facepalm:
Same people who want to bring up Laaksonen.

The answer to the "tell me you haven't watched the Amerks without watching the Amerks" question is Laaksonen.

It does seem the goalie they needed was the version of Luukkonen they are getting right now. Last night was his first where he was a bit leaky but by the same token, he did make some excellent saves on prime scoring chances so taking the good with the bad and coming out ahead is great.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
The answer to the "tell me you haven't watched the Amerks without watching the Amerks" question is Laaksonen.

It does seem the goalie they needed was the version of Luukkonen they are getting right now. Last night was his first where he was a bit leaky but by the same token, he did make some excellent saves on prime scoring chances so taking the good with the bad and coming out ahead is great.
Can't expect perfection. There will come a game where he looks bad and gets shelled. It happens to all goalies. How he responds the next day is what determines whether or not he's NHL-ready.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can't expect perfection. There will come a game where he looks bad and gets shelled. It happens to all goalies. How he responds the next day is what determines whether or not he's NHL-ready.

I was wondering if it was a little bit of mental fatigue creeping in.

member 334057

Can't expect perfection. There will come a game where he looks bad and gets shelled. It happens to all goalies.
Even during Haseks Hart trophy years, he still had a few games were he let 5, 6 or even 7 goals, I think a lot of people forget that. I think 93-94 was the only season he didn't have a game where he allowed more than 4 goals, and that was an early prime Hasek.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Just wondering where Craig Anderson is? Is he still with the Sabres? He was 4 and 2 this season with a .921 save percentage and 2.50 GA.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Just wondering where Craig Anderson is? Is he still with the Sabres? He was 4 and 2 this season with a .921 save percentage and 2.50 GA.

Month to month with an "upper body injury" so there is nothing definitive. Fans suspect a concussion because of his history and how long he's been out. Be surprised if he plays again this season, if ever.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
2022 Olympics Plan B: Projecting Canada, U.S. rosters if NHLers don't go to Beijing - Daily Faceoff
Goaltending would probably end up being the biggest concern. Strauss Mann is having a spectacular season in the SHL after leaving Michigan a year early. My bet is an NHL team is going to be offering him a free agent deal at the end of the summer. Brandon Maxwell is the only goalie from the last Olympic entry that is still playing and Pat Nagle is on a minor league deal, but getting a lot of games in the AHL and ECHL this year.
Strauss Mann Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
But he's too small :laugh:

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F625f6643-b050-4938-828c-d7dd6c9b04a4_858x844.png

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Subban better step it up as a backup or I see him as Buffalo's third goalie when Tokarski comes back.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Well the Sabres have had 3 of the bottom 7 in their lineup over the past 2 years. It's funny seeing Matt Murray on this list, given how some people here were clamoring for him when he was on waivers and then saying that it's proof the Pegulas don't care about the team when Buffalo didn't claim him.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Tuukka Rask is reportedly not thrilled that the Bruins want him to sign a pto with their AHL team and see how he does after a couple games.

Doubt it's a big enough deal for him to sign somewhere else, but it's worth a try.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Khudobin has been surprisingly good down with the Texas stars so far. Small sample size of just 2 games though.
Texas hasn't played since his last game on 12/18. Their next game scheduled for January 7th.

Khudobin seems like a good fit for Edmonton with how everyone is piling on Koskinen. Cap space is an issue.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Holtby was added to covid protocol and the Stars called up Khudobin.

Khudobin hasn't faired well in the AHL after the new year, losing 2 games and allowing 7 goals on 50 shots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad