Speculation: Is there a goalie out there that can help the Sabres?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If last nights game was any indication that potential 4 headed monster in Dallas may be back down to 3. Bishop looked rough, but he is trying to shake off 2 years of rust so we'll see how he looks in his next 2 starts.

Wow, that's rusty.
8.20 GAA, .765 SV%

Chicago was a good test. Fourth best record in the league (.762 PCT)

Also,
CJ Smith with a hat trick
Poturalski with a goal and 3 assists.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Wow, that's rusty.
8.20 GAA, .765 SV%

Also,

I think he needs the benefit of the doubt after being out of the game for so long.

But i wonder if his poor play might make Dallas panic into moving him at a higher cost? I'm not up to speed with their cap crunch - but if potentially they made Bishop plus a decent pick available, I'd happily send Dell the other way. Worst case - we get an equally bad goalie but an extra asset to use this summer.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think he needs the benefit of the doubt after being out of the game for so long.

But i wonder if his poor play might make Dallas panic into moving him at a higher cost? I'm not up to speed with their cap crunch - but if potentially they made Bishop plus a decent pick available, I'd happily send Dell the other way. Worst case - we get an equally bad goalie but an extra asset to use this summer.

I agree. Francouz for example had a rough first game on his conditioning stint allowing 3 goals on 18 shots.

We are not getting Holtby. If they move him there are competitive teams (Colorado, Edmonton) who would give up a lot more to get him.

Bishop might be available but he will be hard to fit within the top team's salary cap. And will be waive to come to a team with cap space, like Buffalo?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If last nights game was any indication that potential 4 headed monster in Dallas may be back down to 3. Bishop looked rough, but he is trying to shake off 2 years of rust so we'll see how he looks in his next 2 starts.

Wow, that's rusty.
8.20 GAA, .765 SV%

Also,

First game back after two years, I'd give him the benefit of working back into the game. From what I saw, he was having trouble locating pucks early on, and then as the game went on, his lateral movement was off. Let see how he does as time goes on.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
NJ is down to 2 goalies now.

Blackwood
Schmid

Wedgewood - lost to waivers
Bernier - sounds like his hip has been bothering him all season. Out long term.
Daws- hurt last night vs. Rochester. Out long term?

(I wanted Buffalo to sign Bernier)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
There are plenty of goalies out there who can help the Sabres. Will they get one of those goalies? NO
I agree. There are about 45 goalies out there that can help the Sabres. They are all under contract to another team and not available.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
First game back after two years, I'd give him the benefit of working back into the game. From what I saw, he was having trouble locating pucks early on, and then as the game went on, his lateral movement was off. Let see how he does as time goes on.

It looked like he had a time getting up and down as well, as one would expect.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I agree. There are about 45 goalies out there that can help the Sabres. They are all under contract to another team and not available.
Are you one of Pegula's kids ? You make the same post over and over. :mad:

Why didn't KA move for Nedeljkovic in the off season instead of a line of bums when he got snookered by Ullmark? Because Yzerman is smart and got him.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Are you one of Pegula's kids ? You make the same post over and over.

Why didn't KA move for Nedeljkovic in the off season instead of a line of bums when he got snookered by Ullmark? Because Yzerman is smart and got him.

The goalie we are playing tonight was selected by Seattle and got traded for a 2022 2nd. We have 2 of those, both of which would be higher than the capitals pick. Adin Hill got moved for a 2022 2nd.

Buffalo had ample opportunities to fix the goaltending position. They opted to go for the cheapest option possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad