Speculation: Is there a goalie out there that can help the Sabres?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Michael Hauser

Have you seen his stats for this season?

His Save% is sub-.900 IN THE ECHL.

2021-22
6.png
Rochester Americans
AHL23.12.88101-0-0|
6.png
Cincinnati Cyclones
ECHL33.68.87601-2-0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
MAF - Could be a good stop gap, which is all we need really , bishop is always injured.. I dont think Winnipeg will give up Comrie.

Ah. Its late, time for bed

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
MAF - Could be a good stop gap, which is all we need really , bishop is always injured.. I dont think Winnipeg will give up Comrie.

Ah. Its late, time for bed

With MAF and the team looking good since the coaching change, there is a 0% chance that Chicago moves him, along with a 0% chance that MAF accepts a trade to Buffalo.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I think it is a coin flip whether Korpisalo would be better than Tokarski. He is a below average goalie who is having another less than stellar season.
He only needs to be better than Dell. I'm fine with Tokarski as a back-up for the time being. He's had two bad games which I suspect has something to do with having to be the guy with Anderson out.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
2021-22 Dallas Stars Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Dallas is one team to watch on the goalie front. Khudobin has been trash so far this season. With Holtby being OK, Oettinger looking really good in a few games, and Bishop healing up and practicing, Khudobin might be on the block.

But again, he's been trash (0.873 Save% vs 0.918 for Holtby & 0.955 for Oettinger)....

I'm also watching this one closely.

I'm not sure how they make the cap work unless they get rid of Bishop. The problem is he has a 10-team NTC. But if he's willing to waive and you're confident in his health, he's signed through next year and would offer a nice bridge while we cross our fingers and hope one of the kids steps up and takes the reigns.

Oettinger would be my top choice, but I don't see any way in hell they move the kid. He's their future and moving him does nothing for their cap situation. But... if they were even remotely open to moving him (they're not) I'd offer up a good package for him that would start with one of our goalie prospects and one of our acquired 1st's. I said start because there would definitely need to be more to it.

I would take Holtby if he was cheap, and I mean really cheap. As you mentioned, he's been ok behind that team, he'll probably look worse here.

I want nothing to do with Dobby, he looks shot this year, and I don't want to be tied to him next year either.

Reactions: Gabrielor

member 334057

I have to think if Toronto is able to re-sign Campbell that would make Mrazek available. With Toronto's cap situation they aren't likely going to want a 3.8mil back-up for another 2 years.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres take a look at Dryden McKay once the NCAA season is over, went undrafted but has put up 4 years of stellar numbers at Minnesota State, could have some potential to be a back-up next season.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
One area where I feel Adam's has consistently mishandled the situation. UPL has yet to develop and the patch work he put in place has blown up in his face.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd ask Dallas about one of their goalies. Having a vet would be nice. Adams is really just looking for a bridge to UPL and Levi. Khudobin would be fine. He's on for two more years.

Make a small trade for him, send Dell back to Rochester, and run with some combination of Khudobin, Anderson, and Tokaski.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
One area where I feel Adam's has consistently mishandled the situation. UPL has yet to develop and the patch work he put in place has blown up in his face.

UPL had 52 NA pro games entering this season and Adams spent the bare minimum on UFAs.

Add on top of it an NHL roster that is barely above the cap floor and I think the approach in goal fits the stage of team building that Adams felt the team was at heading into the year.

For example, look at the wingers that Cozens has had to play with. It's not like this is a Stanley Cup roster that is getting sunk by the goaltending. This is a "not a playoff team" roster that has a bad 3rd string goalie.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'd love to check in on DiPietro's availability in Vancouver, though I would assume they'd rather jettison Halak. Who wouldn't be that pleased to come back to Buffalo. I'd look at guys who might need opportunity in a less than appealing market. We definitely need a breath of fresh air in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad