and I know it's not over until they show they can win

taylor-swift-Favim.com-230743_large.gif

but it better be over now.

bart_homer_choke-800x501.jpg

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
No. 1D, 2D, 1G and a real coach and we're out of this.

That won't happen with our management. Instead, we'll see:

4D, 7D, 3G, and Kelly Buchberger.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
I think we have all the pieces we just need them to develop.

We needed a 2C a 1D and 1G

We have Brossoit Mcdavid and Nurse. What im looking for is some some solid players to buy these guys time until they are ready. I think we can challenge for the playoffs next year if a few smart moves are made.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I think we need one more year to shed some bad contracts (Purcell, Nikitin, Scrivens) then it's go time.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The second that gold card showed up the rebuild was officially over. Ya this team isn't complete yet, but the rebuild portion is over. Now it is going from playoff team to real contender.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah it's definitely not over if we don't fix our defence. Prime Gretzky couldn't drag this defence and goaltending into the playoffs.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They were on a 80 point pace under Nelson, and this is with Taylor Hall hurt for the majority of Nelson's reign, and then when he did get Taylor Hall, then Petry was dealt away and towards the end Ference and Fayne were injured on top of that.

80 points would be 7th last in the NHL last season.

There is no reason for them to not finish above 80 points next season.

Finishing in the bottom 5 again is unacceptable.

I don't expect playoffs, but I expect a 84-90 point finish on the lower end of things unless injuries derail everything.

And yes they need upgrades, but there's no excuse for not being able to sign/acquire a decent d-man this summer and an decent goalie at minimum.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
It's over in terms of getting low draft picks. We now have to rebuild the rest of the supporting cast through good signings and trades. This is all in MacT's hands now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even if literally all they do this summer is sign UFA Christian Erhoff (or someone of that tier) and Kari Ramo (ie: low end signings) .... that should still be about an 85 point team.

Pouliot RNH Eberle
Hall McDavid Yakupov
Roy Lander Purcell
Hendricks Gordon Klink

Erhoff Fayne
Ference Nikitin
Klefbom Schultz

Ramo
Scrivens

Coach: McLellan, Babcock, or Nelson

Is still a notable upgrade on last season's roster.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

This is more wondering if the rebuild is over, which if we got those things we'd be a strong team, the rebuild is over as we have the peices to get out of this mess just need some good trades and signings with what we have. When I think of a rebuild is when we are a bottom feeding team still trying to draft bpa cause they have nothing. We have the tools just need the toolbox

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
This is more wondering if the rebuild is over, which if we got those things we'd be a strong team, the rebuild is over as we have the peices to get out of this mess just need some good trades and signings with what we have. When I think of a rebuild is when we are a bottom feeding team still trying to draft bpa cause they have nothing. We have the tools just need the toolbox

We still haven't done what Los Angeles and St Louis did and draft our Pietrangelo or Doughty.

Jakob Chychrun to the rescue!:D

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We still haven't done what Los Angeles and St Louis did and draft our Pietrangelo or Doughty.

Jakob Chychrun to the rescue!:D

Would be nice if St. Louis gets out of the 1st round ... like ever. I think we're just going to have to "settle" with a team that's "Pittsburgh good" though to be honest Pittsburgh could have two Cups as well if Crosby didn't run into injury problems.

I think sooner or later though Nashville will get fed up with not having a bonafied center to build around, a Draisaitl for Jones package may eventually make sense.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Even if literally all they do this summer is sign UFA Christian Erhoff (or someone of that tier) and Kari Ramo (ie: low end signings) .... that should still be about an 85 point team.

Pouliot RNH Eberle
Hall McDavid Yakupov
Roy Lander Purcell
Hendricks Gordon Klink

Erhoff Fayne
Ference Nikitin
Klefbom Schultz

Ramo
Scrivens

Coach: McLellan, Babcock, or Nelson

Is still a notable upgrade on last season's roster.

That Ference-Nikitin pairing is awful, has to be upgraded. I would honestly start Marincin over Nikitin.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
That Ference-Nikitin pairing is awful, has to be upgraded. I would honestly start Marincin over Nikitin.

If Nikitin doesn't show up in beast mode at training camp, he better be buried. We can bring in one guy without having to give up on prospects. Sounds like MacT is still committed to Schultz which leaves Marincin leaving in a trade if we move for that 1-2 defenseman. We could waive Nikitin and clear him everytime. We would have to trade for someone decent before free agency to get someone decent at free agency though. bringing in one of matt O'Conner or todd McLennan wouldn't be a bad start either... not that I really want McLennan, Nelson already has the respect of everyone in our lineup and everyone knows how to play for him. But Ference has 2 more years on contract, Fayne has 3. A quite a few top 4 defensemen available through free agency this july.

Eirhead*

not even close

no goalie and we need a lot of help on the blue line

Nope,we still need major improvements on defense and in net.

Yeah it's definitely not over if we don't fix our defence. Prime Gretzky couldn't drag this defence and goaltending into the playoffs.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
UFA Market this offseason.

Souray
Beauchemin
Meszaros
Regehr
Ballard
Gonchar
Petry