Is the myth that Auston Matthews does not show up in the playoffs finally over?

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
You have fun with that. I’m just trying to politely tell you that this thread was a bad idea. It won’t help the perception of Matthews, and it doesn’t come across well for you either.
This goes for 75% of your ducks posts too

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
He's 21... was there even enough support in two previous playoffs to say he doesn't show up? That's what? 13 games and he has 7 points.

Maybe when he's 26-27 and the Maple Leafs went far in a playoffs and he was oddly unnoticeable during that run.

But I don't think there's much of anything to make a claim either way. He's scoring more than most players, but not the most, so.... cool thread.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
y'all just love looking at stats

there's a difference between producing and having an impact. he has 4 points in 4 games so far, great. did you know that 3/4 came on the PP? did you know that 5on5, he's been a ghost practically? you can't just look at numbers and come to a conclusion. matter of fact is, that SO FAR in his career, he hasn't lived up to the hype in the playoffs. can it change? yes why not.

he just doesn't have the impact that the elite players do. convince me if he does. but there's a TON of players I'd take over him. he's the 3rd best player on his team imo.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He's 21... was there even enough support in two previous playoffs to say he doesn't show up? That's what? 13 games and he has 7 points.

Maybe when he's 26-27 and the Maple Leafs went far in a playoffs and he was oddly unnoticeable during that run.

But I don't think there's much of anything to make a claim either way. He's scoring more than most players, but not the most, so.... cool thread.
The OP suggests that 13 games isn't enough to judge Matthews, but tries to make an opposing case using two games.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He's produced last two games but that is a small sample size compared to the larger body of work like others have said.

If he has more games like the last two and less of the 7 games last year then the narrative around Matthews will change, but not now.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
y'all just love looking at stats

there's a difference between producing and having an impact. he has 4 points in 4 games so far, great. did you know that 3/4 came on the PP? did you know that 5on5, he's been a ghost practically? you can't just look at numbers and come to a conclusion. matter of fact is, that SO FAR in his career, he hasn't lived up to the hype in the playoffs. can it change? yes why not.

he just doesn't have the impact that the elite players do. convince me if he does. but there's a TON of players I'd take over him. he's the 3rd best player on his team imo.

who does he play with 5 on 5 ill end the conversation for you there

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
This guy is clutch!! I would love him on my team. Great plays defensively too. I think the myth was mostly leafs haters and those jealous of a stud like Matthews. He was great against Caps, and one series against Bruins last year has the haters all over him. It's really too small a sample size either way but 2/3 series he has been in he has been a dominant goal scoring presence down the middle.

Stud.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Yet he was great the playoffs before that, as a rookie.
We live in a world where people survive solely on fake news

fng212543038-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Leafidelity

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
With him now stepping up and what happened to Kucherov/Stamkos..... the tables have turned

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
People point out the series last year still and forget the Washington series ever happen or that hes been great this series.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

It was built on one series against the best shutdown Center in the league. He was good vs Washington. People were mostly knocking Marner that series.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Must have read what i put up in the other thread just the other day and realized he didn’t want to be a postseason Rick Nash. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad