Is Ryan Getzlaf a Future Hall of Famer?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
They do when we're talking about the HHOF.
So do team accomplishments. And on that count Getzlaf has the trump card.

I don't think either is a strong candidate but the Hall seems to have lower standards in some cases and higher in others. Getz and Staal are ob a level together.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Might be. But if Marleau doesn't get in with 550 goals and 1200 points, I don't see Getz getting in with 350 goals and 1100 points.
Regular season - 1144P in 1602 GP vs 897P in 940GP (0.71PPG vs 0.95PPG)

Playoffs - 125P in 184GP vs 120P in 125GP (0.68PPG vs 0.96PPG)

Getzlaf’s production would have to fall off a cliff to get his PPG to drop that far. I’m not saying Getzlaf is a lock by any stretch, but Marleau is a bad comparison.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Getzlaf not getting in?

tenor.gif

Reactions: heynowbababooey

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Far from "easily". He has an outside chance.

Outside chance???

By the time he retires he will have the following:

• 1,000+ games
  • approx 1,000 pts (120 pts in 125 playoff games)
  • Two Olympic gold medals
  • World Cup gold medal
  • One gold, one silver World Junior medal
  • One U18 gold medal
  • Stanley Cup
He is a lock!

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Borderline. I’d say his injury history holds back his point totals a bit. Not a lot of individual hardware either.

So your criteria for HOF is individual hardware and perceived injury history? This is a team game, his medal count alone should be enough to get him in the HOF...

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
maybe, outside of that stacked cup-winning team, he hasn't done much

Dont forget he was the leading scorer in the playoffs on that stacked cup-winning team. We've seen Getzlaf take over games (games 3 and 4 against the oilers) and take over a series (09 playoffs against the sharks). Make no mistake. Hes getting into the HOF and in my opinion the only other Anaheim Duck who is worthy of having their number retired (Jiggy and Perry come close).

Reactions: Rec T

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I think he'll get in after a couple of years. He's been a top 5 center for many years and was the best forward on a stacked cup winning team. That's more than a lot of Hall of Famers and certainly more than Marleau (why is he even being mentioned?)

Reactions: heynowbababooey

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So your criteria for HOF is individual hardware and perceived injury history? This is a team game, his medal count alone should be enough to get him in the HOF...

No actually playing enough games to get into the hall is my criteria. Also you can argue individual hardware shouldn’t matter for getting into the hall but you’ll find that’s a losing argument. There are lots of guys with Olympic medals that aren’t good enough for the hall.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
No actually playing enough games to get into the hall is my criteria. Also you can argue individual hardware shouldn’t matter for getting into the hall but you’ll find that’s a losing argument. There are lots of guys with Olympic medals that aren’t good enough for the hall.

How many games do you consider to be enough? Which players that have two Olympic gold medals that arent good enough to be in the HOF? Of these guys how many have resumes similar to RG?

Individual hardware by itself should not be enough to get in the HOF.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
In other major sports he wouldn't be the caliber of player that gets into the hall, but in hockey yes he probably does.

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
Another cup would sure help... his chances at any major trophy are basically gone now. Perry isn't likely to get in... and he has a Hart and a Rocket, and also has won basically every major championship there is in top tier hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad