Is Ryan Getzlaf a Future Hall of Famer?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd probably vote for him, but its close. He's been a consistent top 10 center in the league for a decade, but he's only made one post-season All-Star team (2nd Team all-star in 2013/14 with a Hart Nomination). Probably will go down as the greatest Duck of All-time, but probably not as iconic as Teemu or Kariya. It's interesting, for as great a draft as 2003 was, they might not have that many HHOF's. I would think Bergeron and Getz have the best chance.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
Glenn Anderson, Dino Ciccarelli, Phil Housley, Joe Niewendyk, Mats Sundin and Dave Andreychuk are all in the hall. Getz gets inducted prob year 1.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
the ****? No, he isn't. Not at this point in time. No major awards, never really top 5 in his position. A good player, all-star caliber some years. Not a Hall of Famer at all.

He was the 2nd best scorer in the NHL in 2013-2014 and made the 2nd all-team as best center IIRC, but I agree with your general assessment that he’s not quite at that level.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
There's been a few years where he's been elite but i wouldn't put him in at this point, even as a Ducks fan. That said, the standards for the Hall are lower than i'd like them to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->