Is Mikko Rantanen the best player in NHL at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
1. It wasn't highly unlikely. It was very predictable, and the prediction came true.

2. McDavid is out of the race because Kucherov isn't human this year. Rantanen is out of the race because his play dropped off.

3. I didn't force you to respond.
Rantanen went from 1.50 ppg to 1.3 ppg, and that was largely due to the team struggling.

He's fine, and will break 90-100 points this year.

McDavid is still stuck on Edmonton and is wasting his career.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Rantanen went from 1.50 ppg to 1.3 ppg, and that was largely due to the team struggling.

He's fine, and will break 90-100 points this year.

McDavid is still stuck on Edmonton and is wasting his career.

Mackinnon is still stuck in Colorado and wasting his career.

See how stupid that sounds?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Ah yes, Colorado’s bright future, something we’ve all heard for years now.
Who's we? Literally two seasons ago they were in the deepest hell. Luckily their GM did something that an Edmonton GM has probably never managed to do - Win a trade.

Edmonton fans do have my deepest sympathies. I think you guys have an incredibly rocky road ahead.

Reactions: IndustryLeech

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
"At the moment". No need to go for revisionist history. Rantanen not being the best right now doesn't change his status when the question was asked
Takes more than a 20 game sample size to be the best player in the league. Otherwise there's no point saying anyone is because it's such a fickle title that apparently changes every couple of weeks.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Mackinnon is still stuck in Colorado and wasting his career.

See how stupid that sounds?
Except the avalanche are about to add two top 5 players next season, and potentially another 3 first round players. As well has having lots of cap space. This will be the last year the Avs miss the playoffs for a long time, and at this time next year, McDavid will be asking for a trade.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Literally every franchise except the Quebec Nordiques can **** on you for top picks. The biggest failure of a franchise post-cap by a long shot.

3 1st overall picks. 4 others in the top five. You’re aware of your franchises history right?

I know the Oilers are bad. Wow. Got me there!

Then again, you’re the same guy that proclaimed that McDavid will be topping at 80 points next year, so I know how to take your opinion.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
3 1st overall picks. 4 others in the top five.

Then again, you’re the same guy that proclaimed that McDavid will be topping at 80 points next year, so I know how to take your opinion.
Are you really counting Roman Hamrlik in our very first draft to make your point?

4 1st overall picks, 2 other top 4 picks and 2 other top 10 picks, plus another one on the way.

That's the Oilers.

Since 2010.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Not sure what the end game is to retroactively go back and knock anybody. There is no clear dominant player like a Lemieux or Gretzky these days who can just rule the NHL for years on end, so I think you can have the discussion based off any sample size you choose.

I remember seeing some stat, probably in this thread about how Rantanen had one of the highest scoring first 30-35 games of a season since Lemieux and Jagr of 1995-1996 or something. It’s perfectly reasonable that he could be considered the best player for the first half of this season.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Are you really counting Roman Hamrlik in our very first draft to make your point?

4 1st overall picks, 2 other top 4 picks and 2 other top 10 picks, plus another one on the way.

That's the Oilers.

Since 2010.

Cool, I’m not talking about the Oilers though.

Keep thinking McDavids gonna top at 80 points next year though.

You’re not worth engaging. I’m not gonna derail the thread further.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Not sure what the end game is to retroactively go back and knock anybody. There is no clear dominant player like a Lemieux or Gretzky these days, so you can have the discussion based off any sample size you choose.

I remember seeing some stat, probably in this thread about how Rantanen had one of the highest scoring first 30-35 games of a season since Lemieux and Jagr of 1995-1996 or something. It’s perfectly reasonable that he could considered the best player for the first half of this season.
hey man, you're wrong because reasons, how dare you and don't do it again.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Cool, I’m not talking about the Oilers though.

Keep thinking McDavids gonna top at 80 points next year though.
Keep following a team because one player is good and the other 22 are garbage.

Fun fact - Taylor Hall has as many Hart Trophies as McDavid.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Keep following a team because one player is good and the other 22 are garbage.

Fun fact - Taylor Hall has as many Hart Trophies as McDavid.

Cool. Doesn’t change what you said was idiotic.

I’ll keep following my team even if it’s bad. When your team is bad, they usually are in the bottom third for attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad