Is Mikko Rantanen the best player in NHL at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Barkov is a special player man. He disrupted that top line better than anyone has this year imo.
Yah he did. Loungo was the main reason, but Barkov was amazing. I've never seen MacKinnon struggle to gain the zone on the PP as much as I did tonight. If the Avs split up MacKinnon and Rantanen, you know he's all over them.

Reactions: MacBradley

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If the Avs break up that top line, they deserve to fold. You keep that line together and ride or die with them.

In general, but this was just to shake things up in the 3rd because Florida (read Barkov) had done a great job of keeping us from playing our game...plus the boys were just a little off tonight :dunno:

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Sure, but it's highly unlikely to happen without an injury.
This was the response when I said all it takes is a cold 10 games to be taken out of the Art Ross race. Some fans don't appreciate what guys like McDavid and Crosby do every year. It's so hard to be elite for 82 games.

Rantanen is well under a point per game since Christmas.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No, he wasn't. He was leading the league in points after 22 games. Not the same thing.
90% of the time the best player at the moment tends to lead the league in goals. If not, then we can pick and choose who the best player was when McDavid was leading the NHL in points too.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
90% of the time the best player at the moment tends to lead the league in goals. If not, then we can pick and choose who the best player was when McDavid was leading the NHL in points too.
After 22 games into a season, luck can be a huge factor. The point is that it is too premature to proclaim someone best in the league after a sample of 22 games.

Reactions: JFG

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Attention to detail. Read the thread title again.

Attention to details. Thread says at the AT THE MOMENT. Thread was made 24 Novembre 2018. More than 4 months ago.

Attention to details. At that point, Rantanen was leading the league in points.

Rantannen is 9 points away from the second best scorer in the league and has been in the top 10 of scoring pretty much all season long. Having him in such a discussion isn't THAT far streched, altought I don't think he is.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
After 22 games into a season, luck can be a huge factor. The point is that it is too premature to proclaim someone best in the league after a sample of 22 games.
After game 22 he went on to score 22 points in 13 games. it wasn’t just 22 games it was half the season.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This was the response when I said all it takes is a cold 10 games to be taken out of the Art Ross race. Some fans don't appreciate what guys like McDavid and Crosby do every year. It's so hard to be elite for 82 games.

Rantanen is well under a point per game since Christmas.
I said it's highly unlikely. Also, McDavid isn't in the Ross race anymore, either.

What happened was highly unlikely. Which is what I said. Stop wasting my time.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I said it's highly unlikely. Also, McDavid isn't in the Ross race anymore, either.

What happened was highly unlikely. Which is what I said. Stop wasting my time.
1. It wasn't highly unlikely. It was very predictable, and the prediction came true.

2. McDavid is out of the race because Kucherov isn't human this year. Rantanen is out of the race because his play dropped off.

3. I didn't force you to respond.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad