Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

Poll Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Duchene delivers? No he doesn’t, that’s why this is a big deal. he’s got 8 playoff games in 10 years

The aces sucked, he leaves and they are a playoff team. Ottawa was a playoff team and in a playoff spot, he comes to Ottawa and the team falls apart and has to rebuild.

Duchene is the opposite of a guy who delivers. Talent for sure. But delivering to me is a complete different thing. If Duchene delivered I’d be more okay with this, but he’s the difnition of a player who’s underachieved his entire career

Sure ok , you can slice it the way you want... I like watching him play... 55 points in 59 games in the calendar year 2018. He is one of our best players. He competes hard on most nights he is fun to watch .. It is a team sport... Yzerman went quite a while before he had the team around him to win too.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have a Karlsson, an Alfredsson and a Stone.

So, if I buy a Duchene jersey he's definitely leaving.
Well he's definitely leaving but id rather cheer for a player that can identify the teams real issues than one that defends them when they are so blatantly obvious its slapping you in the face.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sure ok , you can slice it the way you want... I like watching him play... 55 points in 59 games in the calendar year 2018. He is one of our best players. He competes hard on most nights he is fun to watch .. It is a team sport... Yzerman went quite a while before he had the team around him to win too.

You can be a talent and a cancer at the same time. They aren’t exclusive. Lots of player had bad reputations but they delivered. You get pegged like this as Duchene has been, and you look at his overall team success, and you have to think - there’s something with this guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You can be a talent and a cancer at the same time. They aren’t exclusive. Lots of player had bad reputations but they delivered. You get pegged like this as Duchene has been, and you look at his overall team success, and you have to think - there’s something with this guy.
The common denominator is not Matt Duchene. The writing is on the wall the facts are in. Its ownership/management and the subsequent decisions with hiring personel as it trickles down throughout the organization. There is a boycott going on if you havent noticed. It started before last night and ill give you a hint its not boycotting Matt Duchene.

Reactions: Chezzz

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I am not on board with calling Duchene a cancer. I think its way too harsh for the information we have. Outspoken or loose lipped doesn't mean he's a cancer either. His heart is way more in the success of the team vs the demise of the team , which is what a cancer is. You are reaching

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I am not on board with calling Duchene a cancer. I think its way too harsh for the information we have. Outspoken or loose lipped doesn't mean he's a cancer either. His heart is way more in the success of the team vs the demise of the team , which is what a cancer is. You are reaching

Well to be fair, you have no idea where his heart is. He could be looking to FA and getting out of Ottawa as fast as he can.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well to be fair, you have no idea where his heart is. He could be looking to FA and getting out of Ottawa as fast as he can.
Wouldnt you?!?!?! What player in their right mind would play here over somewhere else that is commited to winning.

Doesnt mean he isnt competing he's been the best player on the team outside of chabot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No idea where his heart is vs He's a Cancer.. you are coming along. I see his heart in his play

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Duchene delivers? No he doesn’t, that’s why this is a big deal. he’s got 8 playoff games in 10 years

The aces sucked, he leaves and they are a playoff team. Ottawa was a playoff team and in a playoff spot, he comes to Ottawa and the team falls apart and has to rebuild.

Duchene is the opposite of a guy who delivers. Talent for sure. But delivering to me is a complete different thing. If Duchene delivered I’d be more okay with this, but he’s the difnition of a player who’s underachieved his entire career
Guys who deliver don't go on 10 game droughts a few times a season either.

Reactions: InAbsensia

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No idea where his heart is vs He's a Cancer.. you are coming along. I see his heart in his play

I just can’t see how he takes a leadership roll now with the team. He can’t, Ottawa can’t.

It’s like hearing your boss say something racist or sexist, he might be working hard and signing your cheques, but for you it’s instantly over, you’ll just never respect them the same again and won’t take them as seriously as you did before - still a competent manager, but not someone you want in your corner or who’s corner you’ll fight for anymore

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I just can’t see how he takes a leadership roll now with the team. He can’t, Ottawa can’t.

It’s like hearing your boss say something racist or sexist, he might be working hard and signing your cheques, but for you it’s instantly over, you’ll just never respect them the same again and won’t take them as seriously as you did before - still a competent manager, but not someone you want in your corner or who’s corner you’ll fight for anymore

There may be a change that way. I would not come close to relating this to being sexist , or racist regarding respect from peers. Venting about your coach is more common , and not very harmful. Its really embarrassing it happened to get leaked

Reactions: NorthCoast

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Based on the Uber video, based on the comments of Patrick Roy, based on the comments of his e-Avalanche teammates what is your opinion of Matt Duchene? Always on bad teams, always on teams with coaching issues and always a thrown in his GM's side.

Well based on your comments you think he is so why even ask the question? Why not just start with your rant of why he is.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well based on your comments you think he is so why even ask the question? Why not just start with your rant of why he is.

How about I start with yesterday’s quotes from Stone and Boro:

‘The players need to take onwrship, there hasn’t been enough of that around here. This isn’t on the coaches, this is on us’

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How about I start with yesterday’s quotes from Stone and Boro:

‘The players need to take onwrship, there hasn’t been enough of that around here. This isn’t on the coaches, this is on us’
But it is on the coaches too. Every single person in the organization should be held accountable. No one should be absolved.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
they sound like little kids, especially the part where an assistant captain is bragging about not paying attention during film sessions. Each generation of males seems to take a bit longer to become men than the previous generation did, I wonder if we've reached some kind of tipping point with the "new" nhl. Maybe coaches need to start treating players more like an OHL team.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Duchene doesn't have a good reputation to begin with, and this won't help.

I grew up a Habs fan and to me Patrick Roy was the definition of a winner and leader. If he says Duchene isn't a winner or a leader, I'll believe him over your Men's league locker room.
With all due respect to Roy, he certainly had his own share of situations to deal with. I can make my own judgement without basing it on what Roy says.

Reactions: DueDiligence

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think its more that the players are just as aware as we are that this franchise is a joke and they're the ones living it and caught on camera talking about it. Had to come out some time.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You can be arrogant and say more if you deliver multiple cups like Roy did 4 times.

When your Duchene and your NHL career is lottery teams and not playoff teams and speculation you're a jerk, then maybe you don't get the benefit of the doubt

And he looks like a complete idiot with that stupid hair-cut. He gets his hair cut with Phaneuf

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
But it is on the coaches too. Every single person in the organization should be held accountable. No one should be absolved.

Just ironic the senior two leaders of the team say the players need to take ownership and the next day the headline is ‘players bashing coach’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad