Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

Poll Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Based on the Uber video, based on the comments of Patrick Roy, based on the comments of his e-Avalanche teammates what is your opinion of Matt Duchene? Always on bad teams, always on teams with coaching issues and always a thrown in his GM's side.

Reactions: InAbsensia

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just a cog in a toxic environment. This team is, from the top to the bottom, a terrible place right now.

It when does leadership kick in? At what point do you take On the responsibility of being the guy with creates positive change? He's not that guy obviously, seems like an arrogant man, don't see much leadership coming for him ever

Reactions: albator71

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
It when does leadership kick in? At what point do you take On the responsibility of being the guy with creates positive change? He's not that guy obviously, seems like an arrogant man, don't see much leadership coming for him ever

Not every player is leader. And not every veteran should be expected to be a leader in that room, thats just not fair.

Matt Duchene is a fantastic player, if you put him in a room with an experienced leader, this stuff wouldn't even be talked about. (Look at Kane in SJS).
Issue here is we put someone who isn't a leader in a leadership position just based on his role on the ice, and time in the league.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not every player is leader. And not every veteran should be expected to be a leader in that room, thats just not fair.

Matt Duchene is a fantastic player, if you put him in a room with an experienced leader, this stuff wouldn't even be talked about. (Look at Kane in SJS).
Issue here is we put someone who isn't a leader in a leadership position just based on his role on the ice, and time in the league.

I know, but if you acquire this player at a huge expense to lead your rebuild, and he's shown himself to be this guy when:

#1 - your stated goal is to cleanup the Locke room
#2 - he's looking for an $80 million contract
#3 - he's said to have issues with coaches and teammates
#4 - how do you rebuild Around this guy

Reactions: albator71

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’ll say no... but big coincidence that everything started going wrong once he came

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I wan't to say no but there is a stigma surrounding him about being one.

Hard to really gauge though since he was brought into a toxic environment to begin with. Is he apart of the solution? Hard to say.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wan't to say no but there is a stigma surrounding him about being one.

Hard to really gauge though since he was brought into a toxic environment to begin with. Is he apart of the solution? Hard to say.

Dorion can't sign him now. It's over, and I'm happy. Get rid of him, lick your wounds and start over from scratch

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
clearly not....the guys like him... 2 new players just came in this summer, they seem to be his buddies, two rookies..same thing.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I know, but if you acquire this player at a huge expense to lead your rebuild, and he's shown himself to be this guy when:

#1 - your stated goal is to cleanup the Locke room
#2 - he's looking for an $80 million contract
#3 - he's said to have issues with coaches and teammates
#4 - how do you rebuild Around this guy

That's on our management, not Duchene

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Based on the Uber video, based on the comments of Patrick Roy, based on the comments of his e-Avalanche teammates what is your opinion of Matt Duchene? Always on bad teams, always on teams with coaching issues and always a thrown in his GM's side.
If you think that behavior was of a locker room cancer considering the situation id wager youve never been in a real hockey locker room.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
For sure, but now he's embarrassed them, so he'll get shipped out of town.

Duchene won't sell another ticket in this town, he's done
Youre out to lunch buddy.

Its absolutely insane to me when i see posters reaching to look for blame right now. Obviously you lack the ability to quantify the facts of all the things that have happened around here. It stems from ownership and management. Blaming the players because they can identify that the coaches dont know what they are doing because the owner is too cheap to hire real professionals is so incredibly short sighted.

This team is getting historically outshot and the PK is an absolute joke. Clearly the system isnt working. Are you not watching the games?!...... Imagine the players couldnt identify Raymond is not an NHL caliber coach. That would be a real issue.

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dorion and Melnyk are loving every minute of this. They didn't even have to do anything and people have already turned on Duchene, making a trade that much easier to sell to the fans.

Lets not let ourselves get distracted that Matt Duchene will eventually be traded because Melnyk can't and won't spend money, not because of a viral video.

This whole thread is a huge overreaction.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If you think that behavior was of a locker room cancer considering the situation id wager youve never been in a real hockey locker room.

Duchene doesn't have a good reputation to begin with, and this won't help.

I grew up a Habs fan and to me Patrick Roy was the definition of a winner and leader. If he says Duchene isn't a winner or a leader, I'll believe him over your Men's league locker room.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I grew up a Habs fan and to me Patrick Roy was the definition of a winner and leader. If he says Duchene isn't a winner or a leader, I'll believe him over your Men's league locker room.

I played CIS Jr B and Jr A but your Pat Roy fandom now thats something we can sink out teeth into. Lol i think youd be better off following sci-fi conspiracies or debate whether 911 was real or not than Hockey based on this thread.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I see leadership from him on the ice. He's a player that works hard every single shift and that shows the way for younger guys. It's no surprise the coaches decided to give him an A. It's certainly not because he's a locker room cancer. The personel that's in the room all the time decided to give him a letter, that definitely means a lot. Coaches just don't randomly give letters to players. They do it if they feel like that player is highly regarded and respected by his peers.

Duchene comes off as a guy that isn't scared to say what he thinks and that's fine, that likely means he's not scared to talk to his teammates about what they do wrong or what they need to do to get better. Clearly the guy has a strong opinion, that doesn't make him a cancer.

Judging players by this little video off the record is idiotic in my mind. As previously mentionned every single player does that. Even Crosby has probably been talking smack about Bylsma and other previous coaches...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For sure, but now he's embarrassed them, so he'll get shipped out of town.

Duchene won't sell another ticket in this town, he's done
really... I might go (I go anyway) just to see the specific 7 people in the car play lmao

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Not to get into something from the past, but are you talking about the same Patrick Roy that quit on his teammates and demanded a trade ??

The same guy that just randomly resigned on the Avalanche out of the blue?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

people were also like "ill take the coaches opinion over any here, theyre PROS"....turns out the players don't like the coach either lmao.

Pat roy...big time winner and pro....fired for being f***ing horrible at his job as a coach.

read above he resigned? I forgot that, even funnier

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
another classic overreaction post. We're cutting to Patrick Roy for a fair assessment? Do you ever watch the man play? Amazing goalie, yes. Easy guy to get along with? not so much.

I am pretty sure Patrick Roy said some pretty bad stuff about Mario Tremblay from the back of a taxi back in the day. There were just no cameras.

Reactions: c_mak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad