Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

Poll Is Matt Duchene a locker room cancer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I really feel bad for u Sens fans. I’m an Oiler fan so I know all about terrible management . It’s been a complete gong show in Ottawa for 2 straight years. The team started out playing good but this definitely de-rails the team.
Frig it, call Quenville

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really feel bad for u Sens fans. I’m an Oiler fan so I know all about terrible management . It’s been a complete gong show in Ottawa for 2 straight years. The team started out playing good but this definitely de-rails the team.
Frig it, call Quenville

What about his hair though?

OccidentalSoothsayer

Dec 7, 2017
New Westminster, B.C.
Guy is a cancer. Imagine being the 1C on the 30th place team 2 years in a row, and staring down the barrel of a three-peat and blaming the coaches and not yourself. He is part of the problem and as we saw in Colorado he does not want to be part of the solution, the guy has got to go!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just ironic the senior two leaders of the team say the players need to take ownership and the next day the headline is ‘players bashing coach’
What do you think holds more weight, what players regurgitate to the media post game or an unscripted video of what's said about the team?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Frig it, call Quenville
I think it boosts the team personally.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’ve never been a huge fan but became even less when he talked about “boomeranging his twiggy on the boards”

Reactions: Engineer

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Frig it, call Quenville

Live shot to coach Q
giphy (12).gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Guy is a cancer. Imagine being the 1C on the 30th place team 2 years in a row, and staring down the barrel of a three-peat and blaming the coaches and not yourself. He is part of the problem and as we saw in Colorado he does not want to be part of the solution, the guy has got to go!

Lol yeah he's the problem. Not management who has given away the best player in franchise history, has the three best forwards as impending UFA's no first round pick and tried to waive two players they signed in the last 2 years on long multi year deals. Screw you Duchene! Its all your fault leading the team in scoring over the last calender year. The sens would be competing for a cup without him!!!! (shakes fist angrily)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If one guy has a problem with a coach, it's the players fault. If all the players have an issue AND everything they are saying IS TRUE, then it is the coach.

Reactions: slamigo

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
they sound like little kids, especially the part where an assistant captain is bragging about not paying attention during film sessions. Each generation of males seems to take a bit longer to become men than the previous generation did, I wonder if we've reached some kind of tipping point with the "new" nhl. Maybe coaches need to start treating players more like an OHL team.

I blame Fortnite.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
No, he just needs better coaches and better teammates.

The whole things overblown bc of a leaked private conversation where the players are talking shop. Happens about everywhere in the workforce.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Quennville will probably go to Philly or something.

He’s not wasting his time and taking taking less money for this joke of an organization.

Reactions: bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Frig it, call Quenville

Lol... this doesn't derail shit....

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Not to get into something from the past, but are you talking about the same Patrick Roy that quit on his teammates and demanded a trade ??

The same guy that just randomly resigned on the Avalanche out of the blue?
Yes the same Patrick Roy that has won 4 Stanley Cups, 3 Conn Smythe, 3 Vezina and 1 Jack Adams. If that's not a winner i don't know what is?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They are all talking hockey,and what they dont like.....Dont understand why people are thinking they dont care,they obviously do...Its up to the team,s brass to figure out now how to fix this disconnect

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
We are talking about a Specific player who's had issues with coaches before, coaches who have won Coach of the Year, so this has some context, let's not pretend that Duchene didn't have a repaution before he arrived, he might not be the only problem, but at this point, it's worthy of discussions.

I think you are very much in the minority here, even the poll is showing that. Not sure your arguments have been good enough to get people to change their minds.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
lmao this is a really, really terrible evaluation of Duchene's time in Ottawa. He has been our best player since joining our team.

I feel like 80% of Sens fans would select "coaching change" if it was an option in any poll on any topic. This doesnt tell me much :laugh:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yes the same Patrick Roy that has won 4 Stanley Cups, 3 Conn Smythe, 3 Vezina and 1 Jack Adams. If that's not a winner i don't know what is?
The word "Leader" was used to describe Patrick Roy. A true "leader" doesn't quit on his teammates or the guys he coaches. Both times he quit were both for very selfish reasons where he made it to be all about him. That's not a "leader". Now, I never doubted that he was a "winner"

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
This explains partially why they got blown away on in Buffalo. I'm sure they players new about that story before the weekend game and came out absolutely flat. That was the worst game by the team and they didn't resemble at all what we saw them like before.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah Duchene isnt the problem here .....Him being upset and talking smack about things he doesnt like about the coaching and how the team plays ,when he could have been talking about 10 million other things away from the rink...Tells me he does care and wants the team to be better

Reactions: slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Duchene is NOT the problem. People that are saying that are the same people that always expect easy solutions to complex problems.

What I saw was a video of young players complaining about not being taught. That's the truth of the matter. They are desperate for someone to actually coach them. I like Duchene and Wideman even more now.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad