Is Josh Gorges the next captain of the Habs

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
I don't think you know what that smilie face is for. It's for when you say something that is clearly not true, when you actually think the opposite. In this case, your comment is 100% true, there is no need to use the sarcasm icon.

He's got a point.
View attachment 61505

Attachments

• Josh Gorges Mem Cup.JPG
    Josh Gorges Mem Cup.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 10

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I've been paying special attention to him during the different interviews be they post-game or after a practice and I have to say he's one of our best spoken guys, and everything he says is so smart... He's definitely my pick for captain.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Josh bleeds bleu, blanc, et rouge...he may not be the most elegant speaker on the team, but he doesn't pull punches and is the posterboy for "Team First"...btw, Markov was offered the "C" before, turned it down.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Gorges is a good leader but a depth player that you will probably all be whining about a year or two from now due to precious cap space. Gionta all over again. Good captain, but not the best choice IMO.

Pacioretty is at 23 years old a guy who's been through a lot on the ice, been around to soak up the leadership of a lot of good veterans that have come through this team, has his **** together off of the ice, etc. I like the fact that he went the college hockey route (though briefly). He is well spoken and seems like a real quality human being. And he is an awesome hockey player.

If not Pacioretty, it would have to be Subban. He is a beast this year, positive up beat player, and 1-2 years from now would have the maturity to handle it.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Best choice is Markov, you need to make him take it. Not one player, not even Gorges can match his credibility and leadership. Imagine the conversations with young players.

"You vant more money, you vork harter"
"You vork hart, you score goal, but no ice dancing monkey man, you need respectul to game"
"Good game Django, you do interview now then carry my bag to bus"
"You hurt right knee, no problem, you have left knee"
"Hey Future Considerations, you vant to throw towel on floor like rookie, you go live with momma's basement".

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Best choice is Markov, you need to make him take it.

Agree with you there. Markov should be current captain. No nonsense. No excuses. Means what he says, says what he means. The real embodiment of No Excuses.

For me, Gorges is too safe in his demeanor, political even. It's as if he gets his protocol "Being a Captain: For Dummies". He's trying to hard to prove to everyone that he can be a leader, but sometimes, you just gotta be yourself and let things happen on their own.

Anyhow, regardless of what's on anybody's chest, the real captain of this team is el General at the moment.

Future captain, TBD.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
In a couple of years, the choice won't be even close and it will be Tinordi.

Expect to see this in the future:

C: Tinordi
A: Pacioretty
A: Gallagher

I'd rather give the C to Markov if we were to give it to a guy on the short-term, just so when Tinordi steps in he gets it. The kid has everything you're looking for in a good captain.

bdawg1989*

Subban should be the next Captain, god it would irk so many people.

Maelpj*

Subban should be the next Captain, god it would irk so many people.

This, let's give the C to a guy who can REALLY change the output of a game by himself. I like Gorges, but it's just Gionta no2 (hard working player with limited talent who will rarely turn the game around).

Subban is always positive, great energy, after each game he is the last on the ice, congratulating his teamate, he matured a lot AND he is on of our best player almost each night.

Pacioretty could be a candidate too in 2 or 3 years.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Gorges no chance at captain, Maxpac shoe in.
ps. only answering question posed, if Gionta is on the boards right now I believe you are a good captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad