Is Jon Cooper our weakest link?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Yes, let’s get rid of Cooper! Let’s get the equivalent of Gruden replacing Dungy. I want to trade a cup for 20 years of misery and a chance to watch our former coach win the cup with another team. Where do I downvote this dumb ass thread.

Reactions: Maelmoor

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, let’s get rid of Cooper! Let’s get the equivalent of Gruden replacing Dungy. I want to trade a cup for 20 years of misery and a chance to watch our former coach win the cup with another team. Where do I downvote this dumb ass thread.
Are you saying that another coach couldn't win with Kuch, Point, Stammer, Hedman, McDonagh and Vasy?

Come on. That's stupid and you know it. Like Cooper is the only coach for us. Horrible take.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Joe Smith says so every single time he is asked. I find him pretty reliable.

Coop is betting on himself...he's betting he wins a cup and he'll get paid. If not, he'll be somewhere else. Gotta make a change at some point and try something new.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Serious question..... What the actual f*** are some of you going to do if we win the Cup and have a hangover next year like many teams do? We lose for the first time in 27 days and we're back to doing this shit again. What's gonna happen with a poor October and we've played 2 months longer than everyone else? It is impossible to play well in every single game

Unless we go 98-0 this fanbase is gonna find something to gripe about

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Be happy man. One fanbase is about to endure Oil change version 6 becuase their GM managed to make a team with McDavid the 2nd worst in hockey, another literally saw one of its own give Eugene f***ing Melnyk a liver on his deathbed only to turn around and do this and make THE worst team in hockey AND are probably gonna see Colorado pick 1st overall because of it. Another has nearly lost its team like 9 times, another in Minnesota is trapped in medocrity and has members of an aging core locked in for eternity. Another was tied with the Lightning for 1st place and is now bottom 1/3 of the league in Buffalo.

Live in the now and enjoy the damn season already and stop inventing problems to have by digging up revisionist history for crap that's not gonna happen for another month and a half

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Serious question..... What the actual **** are some of you going to do if we win the Cup and have a hangover next year like many teams do? We lose for the first time in 27 days and we're back to doing this **** again. What's gonna happen with a poor October and we've played 2 months longer than everyone else? It is impossible to play well in every single game

Well, 97-1 is not 98-0.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Are you saying that another coach couldn't win with Kuch, Point, Stammer, Hedman, McDonagh and Vasy?

Come on. That's stupid and you know it. Like Cooper is the only coach for us. Horrible take.

Kuch - developed by Cooper
Point - developed by Cooper
Hedman - fanbase calls him a bust. Develops into Norris winner under Cooper.
Stammer - was one dimensional, developed two way game and playmaking under Cooper.
McDonagh - Ranger fanbase calls his career done. Resurgence under Cooper.

I watched his Syracuse teams. Lots of grit on them teams and big heavy bodies to go along with the talent. If this team loses its because their stars didn’t show up, injuries, or because the big heavy game takes its toll over a 7 game series. Yzerman and Brisbois will need to adapt their roster ... it won’t be because of Cooper. Cooper has shown he can squeeze every bit of talent from the players under him.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Stammer - was one dimensional, developed two way game and playmaking under Cooper.

I watched his Syracuse teams. Lots of grit on them teams and big heavy bodies to go along with the talent. If this team loses its because their stars didn’t show up, injuries, or because the big heavy game takes its toll over a 7 game series. Yzerman and Brisbois will need to adapt their roster ... it won’t be because of Cooper. Cooper has shown he can squeeze every bit of talent from the players under him.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you're crediting Cooper for those players. Yzerman just spit in your face.

DOWNVOTE!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Serious question..... What the actual **** are some of you going to do if we win the Cup and have a hangover next year like many teams do? We lose for the first time in 27 days and we're back to doing this **** again. What's gonna happen with a poor October and we've played 2 months longer than everyone else? It is impossible to play well in every single game

If cooper wins a cup and gets it done he deserves a new contract and 3 years he should be safe and not be fired.

Reactions: T REX

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

are you kidding those are all elite players and yzerman brought three of them in ok hockey brought the other two in that who I give the credit too.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
There is a very noticeable difference between the teams Cooper was able to coach and win a championship with in the AHL and the teams he is coaching at the NHL level. If you want your Coach to be successful, you need to give him the pieces he is comfortable with. Since pointing out the obvious is considered "bad" on this site by many, I will leave it at that.

Reactions: Werewolf

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If cooper wins a cup and gets it done he deserves a new contract and 3 years he should be safe and not be fired.

You are REALLY going to be okay with that if we have a 3-7-2 stretch? We will go 7-3-2 and all we hear 'gahh this team is so inconsistent. We have to play better"

If Penguin world taught me anything it's that they are not allowed to lose a game EVER because they won the Cup twice. I have no reason to believe that it will not be the same here

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you're crediting Cooper for those players. Yzerman just spit in your face.

DOWNVOTE!

Yzerman brought in Cooper ... and has extended him 2 times. You must be a genius, I swear. So I credit Cooper for players developing = Yzerman spits in my face. But Yzerman hired Cooper and extended him and you want to can him and that means what exactly ... that he should throw up all over your face plus you swallow a bit of it?

And talent doesn't mean much without the right coach and right environment to thrive. Absolutely Cooper should be credited with developing Point, Kuch, and then turned Hedman into a Norris winning monster. Has turned Stamkos from just a sniper into much more. Players put the work in ... but development and coaching is absolutely necessary and Cooper deserves every ounce of credit for that.

Reactions: Sustrcarry

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
are you kidding those are all elite players and yzerman brought three of them in ok hockey brought the other two in that who I give the credit too.

Yeah, it was cooper that built a net in Kucherov's garage so he could practice shooting over and over. Dumbest crap I have read on here in a while. SMH.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yzerman brought in Cooper ... and has extended him 2 times. You must be a genius, I swear. So I credit Cooper for players developing = Yzerman spits in my face. But Yzerman hired Cooper and extended him and you want to can him and that means what exactly ... that he should throw up all over your face plus you swallow a bit of it?

And talent doesn't mean much without the right coach and right environment to thrive. Absolutely Cooper should be credited with developing Point, Kuch, and then turned Hedman into a Norris winning monster. Has turned Stamkos from just a sniper into much more. Players put the work in ... but development and coaching is absolutely necessary and Cooper deserves every ounce of credit for that.
giphy.gif

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Oh, didn’t realize you are a child. Ok then, that makes sense. Carry on.

Wow. You sure told me. Did Cooper build a mini rink in Kuch's garage and then make him practice taking 1000's of shots? Blah blah blah.

Cup or bust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad