Is Jon Cooper our weakest link?

Marshall42

Feb 14, 2019
My latest fear is that Coop will get out coached in the Playoffs!......Teams that play us "Heavy" and trap us in the neutral zone always cause us problems. Coop can not adjust . Teams that have done this to us very effectively have caused many turnovers, shut down PP entry, created odd man rushes against us.

Changing line personal is not game situational adjustments. Pure skill and speed will get nulified come playoff time.........that was proven last year and I don't see much difference this year.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
My latest fear is that Coop will get out coached in the Playoffs!......Teams that play us "Heavy" and trap us in the neutral zone always cause us problems. Coop can not adjust . Teams that have done this to us very effectively have caused many turnovers, shut down PP entry, created odd man rushes against us.

Changing line personal is not game situational adjustments. Pure skill and speed will get nulified come playoff time.........that was proven last year and I don't see much difference this year.

The Lightning have elite forwards, great d, outstanding goalie, and a better than average coach.

I've been critical of Cooper forms couple years now, I'm glad other people are starting to realize.

Reactions: PJ817 and T REX

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

tenor.gif

Reactions: Trojans86

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
There's a reason Cooper doesn't have a contract next year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Damn we had the opportunity to get the record for quickest to 50 wins and coming off of 10 game winning streak most in franchise history but lets bitch about our HC. I get it though, he has to get it done this year. Lets just cross that bridge if we have to. Right now isnt the time. Odd timing if anything.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I agree but lets give cooper a shot this year if no cup i'd move on to coach Q but I don't think the lightning will get rid of cooper. but yes cooper is our weak link.

Reactions: PJ817

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Damn we had the opportunity to get the record for quickest to 50 wins and coming off of 10 game winning streak most in franchise history but lets ***** about our HC. I get it though, he has to get it done this year. Lets just cross that bridge if we have to. Right now isnt the time. Odd timing if anything.
yes agree lets see if he can get it done in june

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can someone please explain to me how this particular group of players is supposed to thrive against DPE hockey? Specific explanations with what they're gonna do and who is gonna do it please.

I would LOVE to hear how this is going to amount to coaching failure as opposed to the one possible weakness of our roster construction that we've seen since Detroit and Babcock.

Hint: this has ALWAYS been a problem

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If we don't make or win the the cup; he will probably be fired.
won't need to be fired he has no contract next season yet so you sign him next you or you don't. We are the best in the east if we don't make the finals I think he should go so we shall see.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Serious question if cooper doesn’t win the cup and gets replaced who would everyone want?! Got to think that cooper would be in serious demand if he did.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Serious question if cooper doesn’t win the cup and gets replaced who would everyone want?! Got to think that cooper would be in serious demand if he did.

I want Joel Quenneville!!. but now with Guy Boucher being fired would Julien Brisbois want him? if he can't get Quenneville. Brisebois might want boucher with the french connection. If we fired cooper plan A i'd want Quenneville plan B i'd want Todd Richards

Last edited:
Reactions: T REX

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I want Joel Quenneville!!. but now with Guy Boucher being fired would Julien Brisbois want him? if he can't get Quenneville. Brisebois might want boucher with the french connection. If we fired cooper plan A i'd want Quenneville plan B i'd want Todd Richards

Been there with Boucher. Dont think we would go there. Honestly this talk is way premature. Lets talk about this if we get booted from the playoffs again.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Been there with Boucher. Dont think we would go there. Honestly this talk is way premature. Lets talk about this if we get booted from the playoffs again.
I would not go with Boucher but i just wonder if Brisbois would with the french connection ? I'd go Quenneville or Todd Richards

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
From what I’ve heard Cooper is going to be re-signed no matter what happens. We are stuck with him for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad