Is John Hynes Fired Yet? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Bring in Torts. Why not at this point. I'm serious BTW.

Heck, bring in Lincoln Loud from the Loud House. A fictional 11 y/o character owns Hynes.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'd say mostly everyone agrees here, but there's not many "Good" options on paper whom you go to next. You either go with unproveen NHL coach or get Boucher, that's about it... All the other "name brand coaches" are already taken as assistant or HC.

Or you go with a dinosaur like Carlyle, which aint happening, or we all hope will never happen.
My point is the season is already lost. Seriously, the playoffs are already a pipe dream, which is absolutely insane a week and half into the season. I'm as shocked as everyone else, believe me.

So that said, jettison this moron who's developing nothing but bad habits and horrific losses, and bring in a guy to develop the core players on this team. We don't need a proven coach, we just need someone in the interim that's halfway competent. Wins and losses...honestly does it really matter? Begin the search in earnest in the offseason.

Hynes seriously managed to torpedo this rebuild in 6 games lol. Actually impressive. Would not be surprised after the dust settles, we have to rewind the clock three years because of this clown.

Reactions: Take Notes

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
well the negative scouting reports coming into the season was that he couldn’t skate any more.

He’s lost a step, I think. The scary thing though is I don’t think he has realized that yet. His game needs to be more centered around passing the puck than carrying it. At time it looks like he is trying to play like prime Niedermayer, but he isn’t that

Man, I hope you're wrong about this... I'll have to focus on PK Sub more next games. I've been looking at the forward core with more scrutiny..

Nashville fans were saying that before season started?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Man, I hope you're wrong about this... I'll have to focus on PK Sub more next games. I've been looking at the forward core with more scrutiny..

Nashville fans were saying that before season started?

Not fans. More or less media talk around the trade. Though I preface by saying it was from media that was anti-PK going back to his Montreal days.

Just from casually watching the games, his skating is probably fine overall. I do think he is trying to do too much and could benefit from playing a more controlled game.

Reactions: mtnet

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Not fans. More or less media talk around the trade. Though I preface by saying it was from media that was anti-PK going back to his Montreal days.

Just from casually watching the games, his skating is probably fine overall. I do think he is trying to do too much and could benefit from playing a more controlled game.
I watched pk more in his Montreal days and he has lost much of his foot speed. Pk's edgework is still fine imo

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
My point is the season is already lost. Seriously, the playoffs are already a pipe dream, which is absolutely insane a week and half into the season. I'm as shocked as everyone else, believe me.

So that said, jettison this moron who's developing nothing but bad habits and horrific losses, and bring in a guy to develop the core players on this team. We don't need a proven coach, we just need someone in the interim that's halfway competent. Wins and losses...honestly does it really matter? Begin the search in earnest in the offseason.

Hynes seriously managed to torpedo this rebuild in 6 games lol. Actually impressive. Would not be surprised after the dust settles, we have to rewind the clock three years because of this clown.

I tend to agree, just not a good thought..... thinking about this season is toast already is really pissing me off.

Reactions: nugg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hughes underlying numbers have improved a lot. He still has work to do but he will be fine.

Subban worries me a lot. He seems perfectly healthy, but he is making so many stupid decisions. To my eyes he also seems to be doing his own thing. Like he isn’t being coached at all and is just playing street hockey.

And how exactly does that differ from the rest of the team? He just looks lost like everyone else.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
For me, the most frustrating thing about Hynes is not knowing how some of these other players, including Smith, Wood, Zacha, Severson, Butcher, etc. might develop under a different coach.

It's almost like the more instruction these guys take in from this particular staff, the farther south their game goes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm highly concerned that Hynes hasn't been let go yet. It better happen tomorrow during the day off, not that the Devils should even be getting a day off after this start.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I'll look at his skating next games........ He is, all over the place though..... it could be he's still trying to figure out wtf Hynes is cooking up...

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
His underlying numbers is about the same as the other defensemen, maybe slightly worse because of match-ups. I’m not alarmed yet.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I posted in the other thread but I think Jacques Martin is an assistant on Pittsburgh. Maybe he is a Shero guy and he would be good for our defense and young players.

Also the Marlies have a good head coach Sheldon Keefe. Not sure if either would be available

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I think the better move is to fire Nas. Bring in a coach with previous head coaching experience. He takes the reins on team Defense and of things don’t improve from that remove Hynes and insert your interim coach who has been there before.

Frankly there isn’t anyone on the current staff I’d want as an interim coach.

No idea who would want to come in and take over the D but I’d love for it to be Scott Stevens. He has a pretty good track record and he’s intense I think he would get things out of the guys. Then again Stevens doesn’t have Head Coaching experiences.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I posted in the other thread but I think Jacques Martin is an assistant on Pittsburgh. Maybe he is a Shero guy and he would be good for our defense and young players.

Also the Marlies have a good head coach Sheldon Keefe. Not sure if either would be available

I’m pretty sure the Maple Leafs already blocked a couple teams from talking with him.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I think the better move is to fire Nas. Bring in a coach with previous head coaching experience. He takes the reins on team Defense and of things don’t improve from that remove Hynes and insert your interim coach who has been there before.

No idea who would want to come in and take over the D but I’d love for it to be Scott Stevens. He has a pretty good track record and he’s intense I think he would get things out of the guys. Then again Stevens doesn’t have Head Coaching experiences.

At least he would hold players accountable

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll look at his skating next games........ He is, all over the place though..... it could be he's still trying to figure out wtf Hynes is cooking up...

To me he seems to be doing his own thing and trying way too hard at that.

Like the whole team is trying and failing to go left and he is going right.

How he was finishing checks was an example. Hynes doesn’t put much emphasis on guys finishing checks. We never see anyone so it. Subban was going out of his way to hit and finish checks, but to such an absurd extent he was taking himself well out of the play.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

If you are tossing Nas they should toss Kowalski as well.

Shit on Ward but when he got some horses he was able to get offense out of this team.

Hynes needs an experienced assistant to have any success imo.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
every phone notification i get from my sports app i’m hoping it’s hynes being fired

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Hitchcock? McLellan? Roy?

McLellan is in LA now.

Probably no to Hitchcock although randomally, I'm not anti-Hitchcock in general as most people seem to take negatively to hearing his name.

Roy who knows, wasn't he a bad coach in Col?

Hartley is probably around still. He used to coach firewagon hockey, but I don't thnk we need that, we already have some crazy shit with Hynes. You would never discount his Atlanta teams to be able to climb back from a huge hole, except, they would often look like a Hynes team by giving up a huge lead too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Alright, I'll play this game.

John Madden.

Smart guy, serious about defensive hockey, 3 years experience assistant NHL coach, and 3 years experience as head coach of the Cleveland Monsters. Plus a Devils background to boot.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Btw, someone should add a poll to this, so we can get a feel where the gradient of the fanbase falls on this issue.

"NOW"
"SHOULD HAVE BEEN EARLIER"
"2 more games"
"1 More game"
"Not his fault"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad