Is John Hynes Fired Yet? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
True. At least it took him 20 years with a ton of success along the way to get to that point. With Ray we’re a dysfunctional mess in year 5 of a “rebuild” with no actual on ice progression along the way.

Lou made the playoffs in year 1 and got to the Conference Final, but it would take 5 more years for him to win a playoff round again, and that's back when 16 out of 21 teams made the playoffs.

Reactions: nugg and NjDevsRR

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
You're talking to somebody who has never liked Shero and always looks for things to blast him about.

Let's see what actually happens before freaking out either way. If Shero and Hynes did nothing people would be blasting them for acting like nothing is wrong. At least they're trying something different. Whether it has any effect, we can only wait and see.
I have mostly been neutral about Ray up until last season and now for sure this season. I’m actually still willing to give him some rope depending on if he can recover from this f***ing disaster. But this disaster is partly (at minimum) his making. How can anyone objectively say otherwise?

Excuse me if I value real tangible results over paper transactions and gimmicky sound bytes. Too many of you allowed your desires for something new and different in this organization to cloud your judgement of what actually makes a winning organization.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Lou made the playoffs in year 1 and got to the Conference Final, but it would take 5 more years for him to win a playoff round again, and that's back when 16 out of 21 teams made the playoffs.
Yeah so? I’m not even setting the bar at making the playoffs or winning rounds...the bar is simply don’t look like a Mickey Mouse org.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
It cracks me up people think Hynes would just be fired outright. Shockingly, the guy making the decisions isn't as trigger happy as the general fan is. They actually do the proper evaluation that needs to be done for a proper decision to be made.

While that's true, this is Hynes' 5th year, you would think he's been evaluated enough. The team has been awful until now (I really still believe we have a playoff caliber team), but a great coach will make even a lesser team work and get the best out of everyone. You never know what's going to happen, but I think it's very safe to assume that Hynes won't be winning Jack Adams Trophy any time soon.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have mostly been neutral about Ray up until last season and now for sure this season. I’m actually still willing to give him some rope depending on if he can recover from this ****ing disaster. But this disaster is partly (at minimum) his making. How can anyone objectively say otherwise?

Excuse me if I value real tangible results over paper transactions and gimmicky sound bytes. Too many of you allowed your desires for something new and different in this organization to cloud your judgement of what actually makes a winning organization.

As opposed to pining away for a GM who left us in a shitty position to want something new and different?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
As opposed to pining away for a GM who left us in a ****ty position to want something new and different?
I don’t want Lou back. Never said I did. Just another thing some of you guys make up out of thin air, instead of arguing on the merits.

Lou was great at some things, not so great at others. It turns out that the things he was great at are exactly what is missing with this franchise now. It doesn’t mean I want him and his flaws back with the org. Ideally what should have happened was bringing someone on board who could maintain the positives that were already here while fixing the things that were broken. That hasn’t happened as far as I can plainly see. What I saw was a complete tear down of everything, replaced by something completely antithetical to the positives that were present. If you want to argue that point then by all means do so but do no attribute things to me that I’ve never said.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Patrick Division was bar-none the toughest division in Hockey during that time, it was the only Division with 6 teams and only division that two teams missed the plaoyoffs...the team made it out of the Division was usually beaten up pretty badly.... Washington was a good team, the Rangers won 50 games in 1991-92 and the Caps 45... Of course during that time Mario was winning cups....that time was divisional playoffs and the Patrick was murder.

But more to the point of this thread ...
The Devils also went through 5 coaches in those 5 years...hint, hint.

Last edited:

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
While that's true, this is Hynes' 5th year, you would think he's been evaluated enough. The team has been awful until now (I really still believe we have a playoff caliber team), but a great coach will make even a lesser team work and get the best out of everyone. You never know what's going to happen, but I think it's very safe to assume that Hynes won't be winning Jack Adams Trophy any time soon.

And even teams that have trouble winning often dont get embarassed every game. Hynes has always had trouble defending leads. 5 years of watching him coach has shown me that pretty clearly.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
E50275ED-6E69-4599-AA13-36E1C312C69C.jpeg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I have mostly been neutral about Ray up until last season and now for sure this season. I’m actually still willing to give him some rope depending on if he can recover from this ****ing disaster. But this disaster is partly (at minimum) his making. How can anyone objectively say otherwise?

i don’t think anybody disagrees with:

1) ray deserves some of the blame for this
2) we prefer tangible results to gimmicky sound bytes

but the blame shero gets shouldn’t overshadow the summer he had. it’s easy to now say ‘oh this team isn’t built right’, but who was saying that in august? nobody. he improved the team, theoretically, at every position (either by addition or subtraction).

something is still off, and it’s up to shero to figure out what it is and get it corrected. today’s news, to me, seemed like it was a step in the right direction. shero explicitly did not give hynes a ‘vote of confidence’ when asked. elias will be here in a few days.

Reactions: nugg

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
View attachment 265201

That’s amazing if true.

I also don’t like Shero pinning this all in the players publicly. This is a lockeroom already looking fractured mentally.
Not just any players, the "vets."

I'd be more okay with him just calling out the players in general. I don't like targeting the vets...especially when plenty of the younger guys have sucked it up too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get why any of these organizations put out something so ridiculous when everyone and their grandmother knows it's a lie for PR purposes anyway. Who are you really fooling with that one, a ten year old kid who probably knows what the deal is anyway by checking Twitter?

Read this thread. People believe it

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Read this thread. People believe it

I guess the ten-year old kid is smarter than HF then :P

I mean it's possible he suggested having Fitz observe in lieu of Shero saying you gotta fire Nas or a couple of assistants, but it's certainly not in the manner being portrayed. No self-respecting coach wants their boss nosing in on the works.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
It tells me he isn’t interested in any of the currently available coaches, or they don’t want the job.

My guess right now is Fitz will be the coach when Hynes is inevitably fired.

It’s pretty clear what is going on here, I am not sure why you guys keep reading into it things that aren’t there.
Is Fitzgerald going to bring the Binghamton coaching staff with him (on an interim basis)?

I see little point in firing Hynes but keeping Nasreddine and Kowalsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad