Is Jagr the greatest European player of all time?

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
How in the world anyone here puts Hasek above him. Hasek is not #2 of or 1 in greatest NHL Goalies of all time.. Jagr is legitimate top 5 players of NHL all time period.

For many Hasek is indeed number one greatest goaltender of all time, NHL maybe less people, many of is best days were not in the NHL, but he is still very up there.

Why Dominik Hasek is the greatest goaltender ever - TheHockeyNews

If you look here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/top-players-of-all-time-lists.1487867/
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hoh-top-40-goaltenders-of-all-time.1270035/

It is really close between Hasek, Plante and Roy.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
:lol:

Funny because Bourque was certainly the better player so I don't know how Lidstrom can be "certainly above" Bourque.

And are you arguing that Lidstrom was better than Orr only because the latter won "only" 2 Stanley Cups?

Bourque was not a better player than Lidstrom. The only achievement he has over Lidstrom is that his jersey is retired by two teams. Lidstrom has better accolades and was a better player. He has all that silverware to prove it

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Bourque was not a better player than Lidstrom. The only achievement he has over Lidstrom is that his jersey is retired by two teams. Lidstrom has better accolades and was a better player. He has all that silverware to prove it

Bourque > Lidstrom

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Bourque was clearly better and has the numbers to prove it but keep trying... :laugh:

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011

Bourque has a lit of some average achievement over Lidstrom, like a bit more elites seasons.

Lidstrom played 20 seasons and got 16 season where he got Norris consideration, Bourque played 22 seasons, 22 Norris top 7 voting.

For elite type season (top-5 in Norris voting)
Bourque: 19
Lidstrom: 13

Season receiving Hart vote
Bourque: 13
Lidstrom: 11

Top 10 Hart
Bourque: 8
Lidstrom: 5

Top 5 Hart
Bourque: 2,2,5,5 (He lost an Hart to Greztky and one really close race to Messier)
Lidstrom: 4

Lidstrom playing on a stacked team for pretty much all is career is not necessarily good to get a lot of Hart votes too.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Hasek's stats and accomplishments are insane. I'd pick Jagr first but Hasek is really close behind. His GAA during his career .922 save percent average and 2.20 GAA is unreal for that length of a career. The only other I've witnessed to be as good is Ken Dryden but he had a much shorter career and he's my hero so I had to throw him in here..

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ovechkin should be part of this conversation at this point too

It's between Hasek Lidstrom Jagr and Ovi imo

Didnt evenr eally think of him but I'm surpsied no one has really mentioned him yet.

- Calder
- Art Ross
- 3 Harts
- 7 (!!) Richards
- 2 Ted Lindsays
- Conn Smythe

Definitely stacks up against Jagr at this point for forwards. I think Jagr still has a bit of an edge on him but hes in the conversation for sure at this point and still has some career left to take over top spot

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yes. Longevity, production, star power, iconic. He's a hair ahead of Lidstrom, Hasek and Fetisov IMO.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Bourque has a lit of some average achievement over Lidstrom, like a bit more elites seasons.

Lidstrom played 20 seasons and got 16 season where he got Norris consideration, Bourque played 22 seasons, 22 Norris top 7 voting.

For elite type season (top-5 in Norris voting)
Bourque: 19
Lidstrom: 13

Season receiving Hart vote
Bourque: 13
Lidstrom: 11

Top 10 Hart
Bourque: 8
Lidstrom: 5

Top 5 Hart
Bourque: 2,2,5,5 (He lost an Hart to Greztky and one really close race to Messier)
Lidstrom: 4

Lidstrom playing on a stacked team for pretty much all is career is not necessarily good to get a lot of Hart votes too.

Yeah, as I said before, if there's one guy who was better than Lidstrom in longevity, consistency, etc... it's Bourque. The guy never dissapointed, was always at the top for 22 straight years.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Didnt evenr eally think of him but I'm surpsied no one has really mentioned him yet.

- Calder
- Art Ross
- 3 Harts
- 7 (!!) Richards
- 2 Ted Lindsays
- Conn Smythe

Definitely stacks up against Jagr at this point for forwards. I think Jagr still has a bit of an edge on him but hes in the conversation for sure at this point and still has some career left to take over top spot

Several people, including me, already mentioned him.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Long answer: not sure
Tie breaker: Google "Jaromir Jagr blackmail"

Conclusion: Yes, Damn It, He is the greatest. Whatever category you are discussing, the Jagr is, in fact, #1.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Kurri's selke level defense and playoff performance should raise his stock.
It does. But not enough to place him over hasek or jagr. Or for that matter Forsberg, lidstrom, fedorov, Ovechkin, malkin, and maybe a few more like datsyuk, sundin, selanne.

And I have no idea how I would go about slotting a player like kharlamov in.

That's off the top of my head. I doubt kurri makes top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad