Is Jack Eichel the weakest of the four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
:laugh:

It seems our little brothers down the HWY are getting all worked up, although I would too, constantly being an afterthought. Add to it that their rebuild seems to be falling behind and it's with good reason I suppose. All those wasted assets traded away by Murray, and for what?

As it stands now, I don't see where Buffalo is ahead of Toronto in regards to their respective rebuilds.

Coaching - Leafs > Sabres
Forwards - Leafs > Sabres
Defence - Sabres > Leafs
Goaltending - Leafs > Sabres
Prospects - Leafs > Sabres
Farm System - Leafs > Sabres
Front Office - Leafs > Sabres

Etc. Etc. Etc.

You do realize that when normal leaf fans have to say "only a few select posters" in defense of leaf fans, they are referring to posters like you right?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Yeah, and neither did a Leafs fan. Yet you are lashing out at Leafs fans.

With good reason. Read the thread. Or read the countless other threads that jumped to ridiculous over reactions off the bat. Or read your newspaper. You guys need some humble pie.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The only generational one of the bunch is McDavid, IMO. Matthews/Eichel is a toss up. A little hard to compare the winger Laine, for me, but he should be a goal-scoring beast.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
With good reason. Read the thread. Or read the countless other threads that jumped to ridiculous over reactions off the bat. Or read your newspaper. You guys need some humble pie.
No, you really do. You claimed Eichel was going to score 40 last year, or was on-par or better than McDavid, yet are on your high-horse. You are actually delusional when it comes to Eichel, its actually hilarious. After you lose to us, you come here to rant about Eichel being better. Your posting history is actually a joke when it comes to Eichel. You are far from anything resembling objective, and I'm sure a couple people from the Sabres board would agree.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
How do you explain their production at the WHC? Or the WCH? Or every single other level of hockey where Matthews has out produced Eichel? Ridiculous indeed.

Pretty simple: I dont care about production at international stage cause its always a matter of plenty different and difficult circumstances that surround a hockey team and a player personally: who he plays with on a line, how much he's being used on special teams, who the coach is, what shape the player is in, limited time to generate chemistry with partners, etc etc. You know, Nikita Filatov was one of the best scorers of his age in the world playing for Russian team. Viktor Tikhonov is the best scorer of 2014 WHC . Are they good players? Not. What matters most is how player looks in general, what he can and what he can't. I like Eichel's game big time. He's got everything to be top-3 centers in the league for years to come.

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
You do realize that when normal leaf fans have to say "only a few select posters" in defense of leaf fans, they are referring to posters like you right?

Maybe it seems a bit biased but it's really not.... Toronto has built a really good team. They've got good coaching, management, offense. It's not really homer to say Toronto is better than Buffalo at everything except Defense which I suspect the Leafs will fix in the near future. Toronto has executed one of the best rebuilds I think we will ever see. Some of that was due to luck (winning Matthews) but after all these years they deserved it. Buffalo has done good rebuilding too but I think if you compare them both, Toronto's has been more efficient and I think they are in a better position going forward.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
No, you really do. You claimed Eichel was going to score 40 last year, or was on-par or better than McDavid, yet are on your high-horse. You are actually delusional when it comes to Eichel, its actually hilarious. After you lose to us, you come here to rant about Eichel being better. Your posting history is actually a joke when it comes to Eichel. You are far from anything resembling objective, and I'm sure a couple people from the Sabres board would agree.

You are wasting your time with him. And considering the knucklehead leaf posters, everyone has them. Like the guy last page, who thinks you guys currently have better offensive players today than the sabres. I mean, despite the loss the sabres dominated much of that game missing eichel, kane and bogo.

Should be a fun rivalry after you guys have sucked for so long.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Matthews has his ups and downs like every young player entering in the league.

Eichel is a great talent in his own right, just because he is injured doesn't mean you should forget about him.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Besides McDavid it's way to early to tell on the other 3. As a leaf fan I obviously prefer Matthews but I'm sure the jets and buffalo fans prefer there own prospect as well. I'm just happy the league has such an infusion of young talent coming in to take up the roles of league all stars in the next 5 years or so.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You are wasting your time with him. And considering the knucklehead leaf posters, everyone has them. Like the guy last page, who thinks you guys currently have better offensive players today than the sabres. I mean, despite the loss the sabres dominated much of that game missing eichel, kane and bogo.

Should be a fun rivalry after you guys have sucked for so long.
This, I look forward to the first showdown between the teams at full strength. You guys outplayed us and Andersen stole the game, but we needed a win in Buffalo by any means possible. Hopefully we finally develop a real rivalry in the playoffs and not one based on arguing over draft prospects.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Besides McDavid it's way to early to tell on the other 3. As a leaf fan I obviously prefer Matthews but I'm sure the jets and buffalo fans prefer there own prospect as well. I'm just happy the league has such an infusion of young talent coming in to take up the roles of league all stars in the next 5 years or so.

^ Correct answer. It's all a toss up based on play styles. Matthews has that great 2 way game like Kopitar, Laine has the scoring skill like Ovechkin, and Eichel has the thoroughbred package of Malkin. You can win with all 3, the bigger question will be the team and depth around them.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003

No they don't refer to posters like me.

What was wrong with my post? What do you disagree with? Perhaps try having a conversation instead.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Like the guy last page, who thinks you guys currently have better offensive players today than the sabres.

They do. From last year until now, the Leafs have scored more goals than the Sabres. With Matthews, Nylander and Marner added to the lineup, the gap will only widen.

Try to be objective, please.

ItRisesFromTheWaves

Jun 14, 2010
:laugh:

It seems our little brothers down the HWY are getting all worked up, although I would too, constantly being an afterthought. Add to it that their rebuild seems to be falling behind and it's with good reason I suppose. All those wasted assets traded away by Murray, and for what?

As it stands now, I don't see where Buffalo is ahead of Toronto in regards to their respective rebuilds.

Defence - Sabres > Leafs

Etc. Etc. Etc.

They do. From last year until now, the Leafs have scored more goals than the Sabres. With Matthews, Nylander and Marner added to the lineup, the gap will only widen.

Try to be objective, please.

You telling anyone try to be objective is what's hilarious.

- Sure. You can have this one

- lol no. Not even close to right. This is based on your assumption your young guns all top out at their ceiling. And honestly if the Sabres youngsters do too, you still loose here. Too early to tell with rookies and sophomores but in regards to vets or regulars you loose here easily.

Defence - Sabres > Leafs
- Yup. Outside of Reilly who is very good there isn't much on the Leafs to be excited about. But I'm sure they will do much to improve this as time goes on. Buffalo is not well set up wither honestly but McCabe looks like he has improved much and Kuli is a welcome addition.

- Debatable. Lots of Question marks on both sides. Would put them equal, regarless of Andersen stealing a game for you (goldfish style memory here I think).

- Who? Anyone of special note is on your team currently lol and the Sabres at least have their Nylander in waiting. But I won't pretend to know enough about Leafs prospects to make a call.

------Things you pointed out which mean very little in this context----------

- You mean the AHL and coaching there? lol you have no idea how good or not Buffalo's is. Minor to inconsequential. Wash

- Chest puffing. You have big names that haven't done much besides what is expected. Could say the same for the Sabres minus big names. Wash

Your goalie stole a game you had no business winning and all of a sudden you are far and away ahead. Sure. Are your homer goggles screwed on or a born-with implant?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

- lol no. Not even close to right. This is based on your assumption your young guns all top out at their ceiling. And honestly if the Sabres youngsters do too, you still loose here. Too early to tell with rookies and sophomores but in regards to vets or regulars you loose here easily.

Defence - Sabres > Leafs
- Yup. Outside of Reilly who is very good there isn't much on the Leafs to be excited about. But I'm sure they will do much to improve this as time goes on. Buffalo is not well set up wither honestly but McCabe looks like he has improved much and Kuli is a welcome addition.

- Debatable. Lots of Question marks on both sides. Would put them equal, regarless of Andersen stealing a game for you (goldfish style memory here I think).

- Who? Anyone of special note is on your team currently lol and the Sabres at least have their Nylander in waiting. But I won't pretend to know enough about Leafs prospects to make a call.

- You mean the AHL and coaching there? lol you have no idea how good or not Buffalo's is. Minor to inconsequential. Wash

- Chest puffing. You have big names that haven't done much besides what is expected. Could say the same for the Sabres minus big names. Wash

Your goalie stole a game you had no business winning and all of a sudden you are far and away ahead. Sure. Are your homer goggles screwed on or a born-with implant?
Rochester is a mess right now. A. Nylander is better than any individual Leafs prospect, but Toronto's system destroys Buffalo's depth wise and it isn't very close.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003

Defence - Sabres > Leafs

Laughable.

Forward - Leafs > Sabres
The numbers prove this to be true. The gap will only grow in time. Not close.

Front Office - Leafs >>> Sabres
Try to be objective, please. This is a case where AINEC applies.

You clearly have no idea about Leaf prospects, they blow the Sabres out of the water all while potentially graduating Nylander, Matthews and Marner.

I'm glad you think the Farm System and Front Office have little to no context. Really saves me from any further interaction with you as it's clear you are in over your head and that's ok.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I rank them like this but it's close
McDavid
Matthews
Eichel
Laine

I think All 4 of them will compete for the heart trophy and the Art Ross as soon as next season.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Rochester is a mess right now. A. Nylander is better than any individual Leafs prospect, but Toronto's system destroys Buffalo's depth wise and it isn't very close.

As a person who lives in Rochester and watches the Amerks from time to time, this is correct, unfortunately.

nobody0211

Sep 25, 2014
Plant City
Eichel has a full season under his belt unlike Mathews and Laine. Who knows what will happen with those 2 the rest of the season...they might not break 40 pts. Mcdavid is obviously at the top with Eichel behind and the other 2 well behind Eich. Laine and Mathews need to finish this season for us to have a clue as to where they belong on this list.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
After reading the thread, I thought I'd dig out the hockey news from 2 weeks ago, the new Prospects thread.

Organizational Depth Grade Category.- Is the teams talent at the NHL level and down through the system were weighted equally to determine final marks.

Buffalo
Forwards - B
Defense - B
Goalies - C

Toronto
Forwards - B
Defense - C
Goalies - D

They also ranked the top 100 players in the world, 21 and under whether drafted or not.
Buffalo - 3 players
Toronto - 3 players.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
After reading the thread, I thought I'd dig out the hockey news from 2 weeks ago, the new Prospects thread.

Organizational Depth Grade Category.- Is the teams talent at the NHL level and down through the system were weighted equally to determine final marks.

Buffalo
Forwards - B
Defense - B
Goalies - C

Toronto
Forwards - B
Defense - C
Goalies - D

They also ranked the top 100 players in the world, 21 and under whether drafted or not.
Buffalo - 3 players
Toronto - 3 players.
Yeah, the Leafs have 3 in the top 15, Buffalo has 1 in the top 30. The organizational rankings are a joke considering they classified Jared Cowen as a sleeper prospect in our system.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah, the Leafs have 3 in the top 15, Buffalo has 1 in the top 30. The organizational rankings are a joke considering they classified Jared Cowen as a sleeper prospect in our system.

Well actually Buffalo has one in the top 4.
Cowen could be a sleeper if he got healthy in say 2 years time, or could bust.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well actually Buffalo has one in the top 4.
Toronto has one in the top 2. I'd say that pretty heavily leans in Toronto's favor considering they have 2 others in the top 15 and Buffalo doesn't have another til 35. I said they had one in the top 30, that wasn't an incorrect statement, so I don't get what your "Well actually statement is about." Either way, I'd say the list was pretty garbage overall considering they ranked a kid currently in AAA in the top 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad