Is Jack Eichel better than Auston Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
No. Quite frankly, the obsession non Leafs fans have with this comparison is pretty sad; I recommend seeing a doctor or a therapist. No, Jack Eichel is not better than Matthews and he never has been at each stage of their careers.
Frankly, I think it would be very irresponsible to suggest people go see a therapist because of something irrelevant like which hockey player is best. Let the therapists treat people with real problems.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Unncessary bump.

But he was never better or a more impactul player than Matthews. A lot of stat watchers tried to make the claim.

To me, it was clear AM was always better when you watched them and dove deeper into the numbers. They might have been on a similar level but it looks like Matthews might be on a whole other tier at this point and moving forward.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think there was a case to be made for Eichel being better last year. So many of y’all swing from take to take like the past doesn’t even exist- I’ve seen so many posters anointing Matthews the clear #2 when just last playoffs we were busy doing the same with Mac. Matthews has had an insane start to the season, right now he clearly looks better than Eichel, but it’s like 20 games into a weird season where they’re on very different teams. Watch the tape from last year- Eichel dominated. Now idk if he’s injured, checked out, or what, but clearly he hasn’t maintained that high level of play he showed primarily from the first half of last season. If y’all wanna pretend like this is how Matthews is gonna play forever I’ll be happy to bump this thread come playoff time, for good or for bad- but right now it’s silly to take Matthews’ 20 best games, compare ‘em to Eichel’s worst 17, and say “ha, look at the silly people who thought Eichel was better when he looked better for longer stretches.”

Reactions: Theodore450

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Lol f*** no. But let me guess eichel has no support bc a former Hart winner is trash. Reminds me of the line' if the liberals are so god damn good why do you lose so much'.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Matthews has consistently been ahead at every comparable juncture in their careers and seems extremely likely to continue doing so.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Funny how this is still a question for some people. Lol

It is and always was Matthews

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Eichel is a hell of a player, but Matthews is better. Buffalo management has simply been garbage and nothing has worked. Way she goes. I wouldn't be shocked if he asked for a trade this off-season.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs were a train wreck last season. Lot of internal turmoil.

Matthews didn't pout. He elevated his game and carried the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad