Is Jack Eichel better than Auston Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Leon and Conner leading the league on garbage teams are good examples from last year. Nether would get to chase the individual awards if their team wasn't trash.

You can say whatever you want about specific years but the simple fact is, Matthew's produces more on a better team. He could play for Arizona and pad his stats (and maybe he will in a few years) but until then he contributes to a team with more competitive ice time.

And Connor and Leon have each other. My point exactly. Jack being 8th In hart voting last year is why there’s a debate which was your question.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
6 years, no playoffs. Enough said.

not really you were doing good in the other page I agreed with your first comment about what each were better in.

writing Buffalo off already is also funny considering they’ve only played two teams that are both potentially cup favourites through five games
and have been in every single game until the last minute. And last year they were one point away from qualifying. Eve had better record in regulation then Montreal but they played two more games and had an extra point.

But I get how you have to in a team game attack the sabres playoffs woes when you can no longer attack the player because he’s so good. He does sit on the bench 2/3rds of a game and has never had a steady goalie like Anderson. If eichel was a leaf he’s be in the playoffs every year and maybe they’d of won a round in the last 17?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Marner also has more career assists than Eichel.

As of right now Marner has 212 and Eichel has 206.

That's also with Eichel's rookie season starting in the 2015-16 Season and Marner's rookie season starting in the 2016-17 Season, even though they were both selected in the 2015 Draft.
Now who’s discounting goals? Any news on any of those claims against me yet or are you still avoiding it all?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Jack isn't even ppg. Players on garbage trams typically score more points than on a good team. Not sure what the debate is.
If players on garbage teams scored more wouldn’t the team be a good team? This makes no sense

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Leon and Conner leading the league on garbage teams are good examples from last year. Nether would get to chase the individual awards if their team wasn't trash.

You can say whatever you want about specific years but the simple fact is, Matthew's produces more on a better team. He could play for Arizona and pad his stats (and maybe he will in a few years) but until then he contributes to a team with more competitive ice time.
So the team that finished with more points than the leafs last year is a garbage team?

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I did their linemates, you know.. the guys they actually play with.

I don't need to do 2019/20 because the whole point of that was to show that Matthews has produced at the same level points wise and way outproduced Eichel in goals, with worse QoT. Which he did. Its okay, take your time, you'll figure it out eventually, big fella.
As yes, because Matthews didnt play one second with any of Marner/Tavares/Rielly/Nylander including on the PP :laugh:

There once again no argument to be made that Matthews has played on the worse team the last two years and youre making yourself look like an absolute idiot.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Eichel is good but isnt that guy. Crosby still killing us and Eichel hasnt impressed much even vs our JV lineup yesterday

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
If the Olympics were to start today, then almost assuredly Matthews gets the 1C job and more PP minutes than Eichel. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to drool all over myself thinking about Eichel and Matthews playing together for Team USA.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Jack isn't even ppg. Players on garbage trams typically score more points than on a good team. Not sure what the debate is.
There is nothing to support this claim whatsoever. Other than the edmonton players the top of the leader board is filled with playoff teams...

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
As yes, because Matthews didnt play one second with any of Marner/Tavares/Rielly/Nylander including on the PP :laugh:

There once again no argument to be made that Matthews has played on the worse team the last two years and youre making yourself look like an absolute idiot.
No one here is arguing Matthews plays on a worse team lmao. His line mates, you know, the guys he actually goes out there on the ice with, until last year have been at best on par with Eichels QoT. It's really not that hard to understand.

Yeah, he played with them on the power play, Eichel had almost a full minute of extra powerplay time per game so I'd say that evens out.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Isn't Eichel the GM. He doesn't have a good team, that's on him. If he likes to get GMs and coaches fired, he should draft and sign who he likes too.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

So are any Leafs fans wrong when we say how it wasn't until Matthews 3rd season that he finally had power play time with Tavares, Marner, Kadri, and Rielly at the start of the 2018-19 Season.

Never mind the fact that in Matthews first two seasons Tavares was playing with the Islanders, so it was him signing as a UFA where Babcock was smart enough to load them up as a power play line. The only reason I didn't mention Nylander is because he had not re-signed at that time and missed the start of the 2018-19 Season.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
So are any Leafs fans wrong when we say how it wasn't until Matthews 3rd season that he finally had power play time with Tavares, Marner, Kadri, and Rielly at the start of the 2018-19 Season.

Never mind the fact that in Matthews first two seasons Tavares was playing with the Islanders, so it was him signing as a UFA where Babcock was smart enough to load them up as a power play line. The only reason I didn't mention Nylander is because he had not re-signed at that time and missed the start of the 2018-19 Season.
I don’t think you should be asking questions until you answer one or two. Maybe such as where anyone called Dahlin the next McDavid, where I was discounting Matthews goals, or how Andersen is better than Hellebuyck?

Reactions: nbwingsfan

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I don’t think you should be asking questions until you answer one or two. Maybe such as where anyone called Dahlin the next McDavid, where I was discounting Matthews goals, or how Andersen is better than Hellebuyck?

Matthews vs Dahlin

The fact that this poll was even 50-50 , loads of comments calling Dahlin generational. If you were around for anything pre-draft Dahlin or his rookie/sophomore year, it was all "generational D-men" "the McDavid of d-men"

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Sort answer: No.
Long answer: No, since AM34 is a multi-zone beast and his mom's tortilla soup >>, and that's a stone-cold fact.
Eichel is a great talent though, but if one were dropped into Ottawa's lap, I'd prefer it be Matthews.

Reactions: hockeeyyy

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Matthews vs Dahlin

The fact that this poll was even 50-50 , loads of comments calling Dahlin generational. If you were around for anything pre-draft Dahlin or his rookie/sophomore year, it was all "generational D-men" "the McDavid of d-men"
I see a bunch of posters saying no he’s not on McDavids tier. If you’re referring to a news article, that’s not what I or that poster we’re talking about.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So prior to being drafted and before we saw him in an NHL game? It wasnt just posters saying this, analysts were too. Hes also only been in the NHL for two seasons and basically no D ever breakout before being 20.

Want us to bring up all the threads of Leaf fans saying Matthews >= McDavid? Hell, some are still saying it :laugh:

Reactions: explore

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So prior to being drafted and before we saw him in an NHL game? It wasnt just posters saying this, analysts were too. Hes also only been in the NHL for two seasons and basically no D ever breakout before being 20.

Want us to bring up all the threads of Leaf fans saying Matthews >= McDavid? Hell, some are still saying it :laugh:
Most rational Leafs fans think McDavid is better than Matthews, myself included.

However there is a difference between a few Leafs fans who are wrong about that, compared to Dahlin being called the Connor McDavid of Defenseman before getting drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad