Is Jack Eichel better than Auston Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This has been debated few times

but here's my take.
I wonder how Jack would do if he had Marner, Nylander and Tavares as linemates
I think he would do well. Will he be on pace for 50+ goals. Not sure about that

Matthews is one of those players doesn't seem very active. Always appears to be in 3rd gear.
But if you remember Lemieux ( STOP. I am not comparing him to Lemieux) he too was very quiet around the ice
Always looked like he had another gear but never really pushed himself

I always liked Jack. I love the fact that he's not gun shy. He actually cares about winning and sometimes you want to hear that from the player. You want to hear and see the frustration

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that he won't see playoffs with the Sabres

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Eichel is a fantastic player. However he has never been and is not currently better than Matthews. Could he be one day? Maybe, anything can happen. But that day isn't today.

Can we please get past this? I mean OP what's next, a Matthews Laine comparison?

Reactions: lottster14

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Eichel is better overall at almost every facet of the game IMO, but Matthews is really f***ing good at scoring, which make him equal value to Eichel for that sole talent. I mean, can you argue against a 40 something goal season?

I agree - and it’s similar to the Crosby/Ovi comparison in that way. Eichel drives play. He can do everything well. Matthew’s is an elite goal scorer and good all-around player. I give the edge to Eichel.

Plus I’ll take the ridiculous afro over the creepy moustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad