Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont think it was a mistake to sign Clowe. the terms were a mistake

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
So big question - we have one amnesty buyout left - do you use it on Volchenkov, like everyone has said, or, if Lou retires after this season, does the new GM decided to correct Lou's mistake and buys out Clowe instead?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
ill say for one thing though, I hope this coming years draft will be forward heavy, if not full.

Boucher is still a question mark, Kujawinski is a questionable choice, Bell is the definition of boom or bust and everything else is meh

offensive retool HAS to be the focus in my opinion

Yep. Defense is in good shape. Lou is gonna throw the kitchen sink to keep Cory so we have stability in net. Time to stock up the forward corps.

For a team that has to rebuild ( or so do people say ) we already have 2/3rds of that rebuild covered.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
So big question - we have one amnesty buyout left - do you use it on Volchenkov, like everyone has said, or, if Lou retires after this season, does the new GM decided to correct Lou's mistake and buys out Clowe instead?

if I had a choice.... probably Clowe's. never thought id say this, Clowe's is worse than Volchies

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

I think you have to buy out Clowe.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
hmmn Lou signed Tallinder in 2010 and Larsson was drafted in 2011, how did Lou know a year ahead of time we'd be drafting Larsson

How about for Merrill then? Or Gelinas? Or Urbom? or maybe even Corrente lol. Just seemed like it was for Larsson since he's Swedish.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Yep. Defense is in good shape. Lou is gonna throw the kitchen sink to keep Cory so we have stability in net. Time to stock up the forward corps.

For a team that has to rebuild ( or so do people say ) we already have 2/3rds of that rebuild covered.

Wouldn't Wedgewood be ready by 2014-2015? That's why I'm not sold on the Corey is our franchise guy at this point, given the state of the team. If you can turn him into two quality players (preferably one young forward) then you do it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We've had a bunch of 'goalies of the future' the last ten years...why would anyone trade Cory to make room for someone that's never played an NHL game and getting back more futures for him? When you have someone that can be an elite-level guy for a decade you don't even look at anyone else.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
We've had a bunch of 'goalies of the future' the last ten years...why would anyone trade Cory to make room for someone that's never played an NHL game and getting back more futures for him? When you have someone that can be an elite-level guy for a decade you don't even look at anyone else.

But when you have so many holes, why do you need a goalie like this coming into his major payday?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I wouldnt buy out Zajac. id use the cash to hire some actual talent to play with him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If we could somehow get a top line center, I'd amnesty Zajac. But right now, we have to keep him.

You didn't read the post you quoted...there's no amnestying Zajac. There's one amnesty buyout left - it's most likely being used on Volch, Sal, or not being used at all. Literally there's very few other contracts left that would even be eligible anyway.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Wouldn't Wedgewood be ready by 2014-2015? That's why I'm not sold on the Corey is our franchise guy at this point, given the state of the team. If you can turn him into two quality players (preferably one young forward) then you do it.

tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
But when you have so many holes, why do you need a goalie like this coming into his major payday?

His payday isn't a concern...you have two goalies making $9.5 million this year. Cory getting paid on his own and a cheaper backup will most likely make less than that in successive years.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

the reason you arent convinced that Cory is a franchise player is because Scott Wedgewood will be ready next year?

really dont know how to respond

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
the reason you arent convinced that Cory is a franchise player is because Scott Wedgewood will be ready next year?

really dont know how to respond

I'm saying that this is probably a 2-3 year rebuild and I'm not sure that keeping Corey Schneider is a priority given his age and potential pay. You try to fill other glaring holes.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm saying that this is probably a 2-3 year rebuild and I'm not sure that keeping Corey Schneider is a priority given his age and potential pay. You try to fill other glaring holes.

we filled a glaring hole by acquiring Cory. imagine this year rolling Marty and Moose again? and sure, Wedgewood will be ready but will he ever be as good as Schneider?

Lou made intentions clear when he moved a top-10 pick in a deep draft for Cory

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
we filled a glaring hole by acquiring Cory. imagine this year rolling Marty and Moose again? and sure, Wedgewood will be ready but will he ever be as good as Schneider?

Lou made intentions clear when he moved a top-10 pick in a deep draft for Cory

I'm not saying trade him for a bag of pucks. I'm talking about a deal you cannot walk away from. Say a top 2 defenseman and a top six forward under 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad