Is it mean of me to want Bouillon to fail miserably?

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
You know what's sad, Bouillon is actually having a better camp than Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn/Nygren.

I'm really not sold about our defense in general. Markov is aging, Emelin is not a legit top-4, probably the same could be said about Gilbert, obviously we lost Gorges, and the kids don't show much progress. Not sold about Beaulieu character wise, Tinordi and Pateryn have big problems when it comes to decision making under pressure and Nygren, well, meh...

edit: Oh btw I don't think Bouillon should make the team. I feel the kids will fail to deliver, but it's time to move on and at least give them a chance. Bouillon is an awesome guy, had a pretty solid career, and yes, the way he gets treated in here is quite disgusting, but there isn't much left in the Tank.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Really? Bouillon back covering a 2-1 while Markov isn't even in the scene.... and you're blaming Bouillon?

Look at Bouillon's stick.

Bouillon is supposed to cover the passing line, the carrier is the goalie's job. If Bouillon stick is a the right place this pass doesn't happen. (St. Louis would have to send a perfect saucer over 2 sticks to make it happen.)

Now why Markov was out of position is an other story, but still, Bouillon did make a mistake on that play.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
If the Cube earns a slot ahead of Tinordi, Beaulieu AND Pateryn, our defensive prospect depth is facing a serious measuring stick. I like that Boullion's there to set the bar, but I'd expect all three of them to be able to outplay him at this stage of their, and his, careers.

If they're waiver-exempt I'm happy to send young guys down and let vets ride the bench with the big club, but Pateryn's out of free time and Tinordi and Beaulieu should be starting to make the shift in earnest this year.

68*

Yes it's mean but who gives a ****. I was happy when Galchenyuk made him look stupid last game.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Well we're stuck with a bunch of kids and none of them are ready. But that's that's MT's fault cause he didn't play them enough last year but that's another subject.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
It's not so much that he has been brillant, but he hasn't been as bad as the 4 kids I mentionned. Which again, is quite sad.

edit: I mean since the start of the camp. Not just that game.

I missed the whole camp. First I saw was yesterday. If you're telling me Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn/Nygren have been worst than Bouillon was last night, it's time to get rid of these 4 guys and get whatever we can for them.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I missed the whole camp. First I saw was yesterday. If you're telling me Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn/Nygren have been worst than Bouillon was last night, it's time to get rid of these 4 guys and get whatever we can for them.

Everyone's crying because the rookies didn't go out there and try to destroy their team mates and make flashy plays in two period scrims on practice ice. The guys who will get looked at already knew they would be looked at. It's the first 2-3 pre-season games where they show what they have. It's people who weren't going to get looks that were busting their ass in scrims like Bouillon, Thomas, Sorkin, Bowman and Dumont.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is it mean of me to want to Samsung Galaxy S5 to fail miserably? My cell phone contract is up, I was considering it ... but thanks to the relentlessly invasive ads on this site, I'm going for an iPhone. Thanks Samstung. A.holes.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com

Yeah they were. Truly disapppointing.

I never had much faith in Beaulieu, but Tinordi and Pateryn were studs in last year's camp. And of course Nygren has a pretty solid SHL career.

Everyone's crying because the rookies didn't go out there and try to destroy their team mates and make flashy plays in two period scrims on practice ice. The guys who will get looked at already knew they would be looked at. It's the first 2-3 pre-season games where they show what they have. It's people who weren't going to get looks that were busting their ass in scrims like Bouillon, Thomas, Sorkin, Bowman and Dumont.

I think they worked hard, but the puck is like a hot potato on their stick. They are way too mistake prone. Maybe it's just a lack of confidence, but overall they don't look like legit NHL talent right now.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

My take?

Hope he does not make the roster for the Habs. If he does, cheer like hell for him to succeed.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
My take?

Hope he does not make the roster for the Habs. If he does, cheer like hell for him to succeed.

I agree with you. But the bolded will not happen no matter what.

Thing is, if he makes the team, it's really bad news. That means our prospects really shat the bed. But I have to think one of Tinordi or Pateryn will be a clear cut better option.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Well we're stuck with a bunch of kids and none of them are ready. But that's that's MT's fault cause he didn't play them enough last year but that's another subject.

that is BS. The best thing Montreal has done recently is made their young players develop in the AHL and not rushing them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The best thing Montreal has done recently is made their young players develop in the AHL and not rushing them.

True dat. Plus, even with the losses of Gorges, Gionta and Brière, offset by wily incoming vets in Gilbert, Malhotra and Parenteau, and also the re-signing of Weaver and Markov -- all of them providing the team with enough flexibility and depth to hold off some young players longer, if needed.

David Donaldson*

I don't want Bouillon to fail. I want him to score 50 goals this year and play outstanding D at the same time.
If he can't do that though, yeah i hope he fails.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree with you. But the bolded will not happen no matter what.

Thing is, if he makes the team, it's really bad news. That means our prospects really shat the bed. But I have to think one of Tinordi or Pateryn will be a clear cut better option.
No, it means our coach is a stubborn jackass who doesn't know when to move on.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

If Bouilon is signed hell take the 7th d-man spot...so it's not so much about Tinordi or Pateryn losing ice time as it is them playing every night rather than 40-50 games in the press box.

Simple concept but people can't seem to grasp it!

I think Bouillon is competing with Drewiske and Nygren for the #7 spot...maybe Pateryn if they'd rather have him play 50% of games here than 100% in Hamilton mostly due to being 24.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Only if your wants and wishes have power to materialize, in which case, you might as well give us some lottery numbers. :sarcasm:

Yeah, let's feel bad for a guy who has made millions and who doesn't have to work another day in his life. I'm sure we can all identify. Bouillon, GTFO. You're done.

Hmm, has Bouillon made enough to never have to work again? Depends on how he'd like to live, I suppose. He's certainly made more than the average NHLer, due to his number of years in the league. Without looking into exactly how much he's made, though, I doubt he has enough $$$ to never work again.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
If Bouilon is signed hell take the 7th d-man spot...so it's not so much about Tinordi or Pateryn losing ice time as it is them playing every night rather than 40-50 games in the press box.

Simple concept but people can't seem to grasp it!

I think Bouillon is competing with Drewiske and Nygren for the #7 spot...maybe Pateryn if they'd rather have him play 50% of games here than 100% in Hamilton mostly due to being 24.

^This

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like Bouillon. He's been a warrior his whole career and he always came off as a genuinely nice guy. That being said, it's time to turn the page. Last season was one too many for him in Montréal.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I readily understand why many fans are rooting against Bouillon. I don't want him to fail miserably but I don't want him to usurp the place of one of the prospects. If he has to retire or go elsewhere because Bouillon or Tinordi or Pateryn or Nygren beats him out I wish him luck.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I readily understand why many fans are rooting against Bouillon. I don't want him to fail miserably but I don't want him to usurp the place of one of the prospects. If he has to retire or go elsewhere because Bouillon or Tinordi or Pateryn or Nygren beats him out I wish him luck.
:) Bouillon beating out Bouillon, is like like Dupond et Dupont in Tintin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad