Is it mean of me to want Bouillon to fail miserably?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

All fans should be hoping our young prospects have reached the point in their development, where Bouillon is no longer able to earn a position ahead of them. At least this is my hope, the sooner, the better our team becomes. I hope for the same results for all of our young prospects, that opens the door for trades that will bring more draft choices or fill a position of weakness with a quality veteran. All win/win for the Habs and us as fans, I for one feel that Bergevin has the Habs back on track to becoming a SC championship team in the very near future.

Our management team is the best in the NHL, IMHO that can only spell good fortunes ahead for the team, Montreal and Hab fans all over the world, as it should be. Call me a Homer but make sure you capitalize it.:laugh::laugh:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd rather he win the Norris, but that's not gonna happen so we might as well let players who are better than him play. If he was the best option I'd wish him the best, but he's not.

habitue*

Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

yes.

The kids gonna win their spots or lose because of a lack of effort. Bouillon has no control on that.

Management appreciate him because he is a real pro player with tons of experience who's gonna shut up even if he plays only 10-20 games this year. But IF kids show up their stuff, he could remained unsigned.

They won't let a youngster rotting in the stands. It's between Tinordi and Beaulieu. One of them will play full time at NHL level, the other one at AHL level. Bouillon could then become the #7 as insurance policy, playing a handful of games in case of injury or sickness the day of a game. The other kid is gonna be called up if injuriy is worse, or a player is underperforming or traded.

Please don,t think about last season. Teams had injuries on D + Murray was not a full time D too + Weaver arrived at the end of the season. Different season = different situation. Tnordi and beaulieu have their own destiny in their hands. SAnd I am pretty sure that management are hoping for the best about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don't him to fail, it's just that he's just not good enough anymore. I don't want him signed because of the emotional link between him and Therrien. In the end, it's Therrien I don't trust in his handling of Bouillon.

If we need a D to play 20-30 games, we have one of Tinordi, Beaulieu or Pateryn.

King Niinimaa*

His emotional ties to Therrien is the only reason he might earn a spot in NHL. Bypassed by everyone - yet he tries to make it contender. Surreal, alternative reality ****.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
To answer your question, yes it is.

Personnally, I wish he has a training camp just not as good as our young D. This way we can keep them with a good reason so he doesn't feel insulted.

He's given a lot of energy to the organization, always his 110%. I like the guy really, so I don't wish he'd fail...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I'm trying to convince myself today Bouillon is actually a guy that's good enough to play a bottom pairing role in the NHL. It makes Scherbak and Galchenyuk's robbery of Bouillon's pants and lunch money last night seem that much more impressive. :nod:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's not a matter of Bouillion failing. It's a matter of Therrien being able to properly assess talent. He's the real problem.

King Niinimaa*

We shouldn't keep him, even if he outplays kids on training camp. He has zero upside and even at his very best he sucks major ass. Trade for a low salary plug if kids don't make it. Booboo was and will be our worst D and this year he'll be even worse. 110% with heart and soul is nothing when your best isn't good enough.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
it's not wrong as long as your not being mean about it, every one has a due date. Here's a line from moneyball "We're all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children's game, we just don't... don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told". Someone needs to tell Boullion

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I hope he's only there to get one last game at the Bell center before going to Europe.

Got burned badly by both Chucky and Scherbak in that last scrimmage. Looked lost vs NYR...

854709052.gif

Bouillon special:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I hope Bouillon plays well enough to get a contract from Nashville or something. I was very in favour of bringing Bou back in 2012 but I only wanted one year of him.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I don't want him to fail miserably. If he wants to continue his career, I wish him the best. I just don't want us to sign him. I like the guy, but he can't carry on with us. If we didn't have a team that could push in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind. However, that isn't the case anymore. Every roster spot is important. And Bouillon just doesn't fit.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't want him to fail. I just want him to be outplayed by every player who could take his spot.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
No, it's logical and pragmatic.

Like you I like the guy on a personal level and appreciate the heart and soul he's put out for the team over the years (his one-punch of Tucker way back when is still a favourite moment of mine). But his time has passed.

I'm sure the organization would offer him a job in administration...

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't want him to fail miserably, i don't want him to fail at all, i just want to org to see that he's not NHL material anymore.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
It is mean, you don't need to wish it, Bouillon is going to Europe, it's time to let the kids play.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Yes it's mean mostly because Frankie Bouillon as a person is a hard working man that does everything he can to live his dream. If he makes the team, he's not the one to blame, it's management/coaching staff.

I don't want him to fail miserably, i don't want him to fail at all, i just want to org to see that he's not NHL material anymore.

Basically this ^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad