Is it mean of me to want Bouillon to fail miserably?

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I don't think we want Bouillon to fail. We want the kids to play. At some point we have to move on.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Honestly, he seems like a standup guy. personable. Management seems to love him.
It's just that, I see guys like Tinordi and Pateryn play last night and i just cant, and wont understand if we sign bouillon to take playing time away from our young guys who are showing they can make it.

It's not mean. It's strategic. If he fails now, it's safer for everyone. We get a better young player developing and we're all spared his inevitable failure later when the games count.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Yes it is definitely mean, he'll already fail miserably on his own.

In all honesty, Bouillon seems like a great guy and works his ass off, but he just needs to retire already. Same situation with Darche, seemed like a great person and always worked his ass off.. but we just have so many better options.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bouillon is a great guy but it's simply time to move on. Let him go and that's it. If he wants to continue his career elsewhere then good for him and if he is done and wants to retire they could offer him something in Hamilton to take care of the kids

PricePkPatch*

It is. Bad karma dude; dont wish ill on others unless they wear gold and black.

Instead, just wish for the young Tinordi and Beaulieu to outplay him. Be positive!!

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Yes it is definitely mean, he'll already fail miserably on his own.

In all honesty, Bouillon seems like a great guy and works his ass off, but he just needs to retire already. Same situation with Darche, seemed like a great person and always worked his ass off.. but we just have so many better options.

the fact we're treating this like we did Darche gives me hope we wont cave and give him a 1-way contract.
He seems well liked by everyone on the team but when he initially came back he said he wanted to retire as a hab. that was 2 years ago. Retire already Franky Boo.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
if we sign Bouillon, its because Tinordi/Pateryn/Beaulieu are not ready for the NHL this season.
Bouillon is an insurance Policy.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Lil' finger is telling me that Bouillon won't make the team and that this fanbase will find someone else to puke on.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
It is. Bad karma dude; dont wish ill on others unless they wear gold and black.

Instead, just wish for the young Tinordi and Beaulieu to outplay him. Be positive!!

Exactly. I don't like to hand over a roster spot to a kid. Put them in a competitive, yet realistic position in which they can earn their spot over someone else. Bouillon is an extremely realistic guy to outplay. In other words, you deserve to be in Hamilton if you can't outplay a 38 years old Bouillon.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Cubes has worn the CH with pride, fought many battles for this team. No way I want him to fail! With that said I believe he should realize that it is time to move on. Therrien is emotionally connected to Francis but Bergevin is not. He won't get signed I don't believe unless the three kids show they are not ready

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Cubes has worn the CH with pride, fought many battles for this team. No way I want him to fail! With that said I believe he should realize that it is time to move on. Therrien is emotionally connected to Francis but Bergevin is not. He won't get signed I don't believe unless the three kids show they are not ready

Well said. I dont want him to fail either. I just want to see the young guys step up and force Therrien's and Bergevins's hand.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Love the guy but...

Hey I think Bouillon's a great guy but his time is done. I want him off the team because he's beginning to hinder the team now but I definitely also want him to stay in the organization for life.

I think that he'd be a great replacement for Brisebois' old gig. Heck I'm pretty sure he'd be much better at it than old Breezer.

I want Bouillon's never give up attitude and hard work imprinted on our prospects. We should have guys like him and Hal Gill shepherding our youth.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
It's been said before, if he was 6 inches taller he'd have been a star player. No quit in him but his cap space and his roster spot is needed to feed the young. I think he will make excellent coach material.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is it mean of me to want Bouillon to fail miserably?

Only if your wants and wishes have power to materialize, in which case, you might as well give us some lottery numbers. :sarcasm:

Yeah, let's feel bad for a guy who has made millions and who doesn't have to work another day in his life. I'm sure we can all identify. Bouillon, GTFO. You're done.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I would love for him to get a contract somewhere else, but we have so many young D and we can't delay their development for another year. I really hope they don't sign him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad