Line Combos: Is it Lindholm's job to lose on our 4th line?

Frowin

Jul 6, 2016
Skelleftea. SE
As an outsider (I'm from Skellefteå) I'm trying to follow all our NHL players from our little town. But sadly Toronto is a team that I haven't been able to watch as much as the other teams.

How is Lindholm holding up? Is he the boxplay/faceoff guy you hoped for and how have the adaption to small rink gone so far for him?

Reactions: TML1990

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
As an outsider (I'm from Skellefteå) I'm trying to follow all our NHL players from our little town. But sadly Toronto is a team that I haven't been able to watch as much as the other teams.

How is Lindholm holding up? Is he the boxplay/faceoff guy you hoped for and how have the adaption to small rink gone so far for him?
My opinion very well. Played mostly centre and some left wing. When Matthews was hurt, Lindholm played more minutes. Although he hasn't scored much, he's done well defensively and on the PK. Haven't noticed that he has had any problem adjusting to the smaller rink. He's been a bargain and there's room for him in future years as a Leaf.

Reactions: Frowin

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Think things are going well. He's played every game with quite a bit of time on the third line (centre and wing) due to injuries. Should return next season unless he prices himself out or gets a better opportunity elsewhere.

Frowin

Jul 6, 2016
Skelleftea. SE
Think things are going well. He's played every game with quite a bit of time on the third line (centre and wing) due to injuries. Should return next season unless he prices himself out or gets a better opportunity elsewhere.

Happy to hear that! Always felt that he earned a chance to play in the NHL. Well have met him a few times irl and he a very humble guy, unless going oversea changed him totally as a person, I dont think he will get greedy. The "old" Pär just wanted to play hockey :)

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Happy to hear that! Always felt that he earned a chance to play in the NHL. Well have met him a few times irl and he a very humble guy, unless going oversea changed him totally as a person, I dont think he will get greedy. The "old" Pär just wanted to play hockey :)

I don't expect it'll be a matter of greed, just that the team might be tight against the salary cap. Think he'll re-sign but it's tough to be certain about many things in sports.

Reactions: Frowin

Frowin

Jul 6, 2016
Skelleftea. SE
I don't expect it'll be a matter of greed, just that the team might be tight against the salary cap. Think he'll re-sign but it's tough to be certain about many things in sports.

So true about the "certain". Nothing is certain, at least here in sweden teams are a little more conservative about trading between teams. So not so often any big news here.

Now I just have to get my butt to watch some more Toronto games, getting hard to follow several players on different teams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad