Is Greg Millen the new Paul Romanuk?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He brings down every telecast he's part of, and it's one of life's mysteries he has a gig. My working theory, he has compromising photos of the Rogers CEO.

The worst colour man I've ever heard.

Reactions: The Iceman

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Millen is far worse than Romanuk was. I would rather watch the game with honest and objective commentary than with blue and white goggles on. Millen seems to really enjoy tooting his own horn when he really is never adding much substance to the broadcast. The game has passed him by, hopefully the guys in charge of this sort of thing take note like they did with Romanuk.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
There should be a Millen drinking game for every time he says puck possession. He must think he sounds new age and relevant, although I’m not sure he entirely knows what it means.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Greg Millen is terrible, not sure why the most popular hockey team on the planet has some of the worst broadcasting crews.

Miss the days of Bowen and Ralph.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
It's a travesty that they fired Mike Johnson, he offered so much insight in his analysis... Millen offers none. You'd never know he played in the NHL, he doesn't seem to know any more than some random joe off the street.

Reactions: Big Cactus

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
You guys complain about every single commentator ever. Gets so old. They do 1000x better than I would so I'm not complaining.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
ah, it's hilarious... when Greg Millen called HNIC Canucks games during the west coast express era, like 2000-2004, I hated him. I cursed him every game as a hater, incompetent, biased against my team, etc. I honestly thought back then that if I saw him outside the arena I'd throw something at him. Now I listen to him call Leaf games and I actually think he's pretty good. I don't think he's really changed his style at all, I've just become old and soft. It will happen to all you angry kids as well.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You guys complain about every single commentator ever. Gets so old. They do 1000x better than I would so I'm not complaining.

nah. he's the last one.

I mean hughson/Simpson aren't great, but Millen is the only awful one left.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
It's a hockey game and there are only so many cliches that you can use. He just uses them endlessly. " Remeber that save by Andersen, blah, blah,blah"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad