Is Greg Millen the new Paul Romanuk?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
A few games ago Millen went on endlessly that Matthews purposely shot a puck wide to get a bounce to the front of the net which resulted in a goal. Replays clearly showed the shot glanced off the defenders skates making the shot go wide. He kept it up and kept it up and eventually 5 minutes later told us all what we already knew. The puck went off the defenders skate. It was so clear to see and embarrasing to listen to.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Millen was always bad, he was just overshadowed by Romanuk's awfulness.

Now that we have a neutral play-by-play guy he sticks out like a turd in a urinal.

Reactions: ToMaLe

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I never really liked Millen as Colour Commentator ever since he was paired up with Bowen back when they were on Sportsnet together.

You must have missed him with Dean Brown, before that, doing the Ottawa games. THAT was hard to listen to.

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Millen does some terrible things but I don't th8nk he's that bad if you don't focus in him. Honestly the PxP guy he's paired with is a big problem for me.

His voice does not suit the NHL, he actually messes things up more than Millen. (Names/plays/even the teams a few times)

TSN is by far the better broadcast

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The best part about Millen is the tone, as though some former big time coach who will opine to the masses, a professor of the game. His insights are pedestrian and obvious, when you watch the next game and Ray is down there, you again realize how amateurish and 2nd rate the guy really is as a colour commentator.

How he has a job, I just can't understand.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
A table shows Willy's ice time the last three games with two minutes less for every passing game.

Millen: What we see here is that Willy is coming on, and earning more ice time for every game. You can clearly see that on the ice as well.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I wish we could get some announcers and colour guys that actually like the Leafs. Instead we get a string of bozos who like us as much as the average mainboards poster.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I wish we could get some announcers and colour guys that actually like the Leafs. Instead we get a string of bozos who like us as much as the average mainboards poster.
To be fair, I believe Millen is a massive Leaf fan.

But still no excuse for how he's been. I think he called Pionk, Pionkoi tonight.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
A table shows Willy's ice time the last three games with two minutes less for every passing game.

Millen: What we see here is that Willy is coming on, and earning more ice time for every game. You can clearly see that on the ice as well.

Thank you..

I thought I was going crazy.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
If fans could get Romanuk fired I don’t know why we can’t get Millen fired too.

We’re doing Sportsnet a favour as they clearly have no idea what people actually want to hear. Kypreos and Doug MacLean are brutal, Don Cherry is a live on air joke. Brian Burke (Even tho I do like him) is not really great for tv. Firing Mike Johnston a few years ago was incredibly stupid as he was their best colour guy by a mile.

Anyways fire Millen, let’s get it going boys.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Bar none the worst of all. Is constantly wrong and sticks to his dumbbell analysis even as the replay shows he could not be more wrong. There are not a lot of good ones but how this fool keeps a job is incomprehensible.

Reactions: ToMaLe

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
honestly I mute the tv when Millen is talking. Hate his voice, hate his face, just hate everything about him. Why this useless clown still has his job is unbelievable.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Romanuk is ok. Slightly irritating how he openly roots for players on the other team. 'Wouldn't it be nice if _____ scored in front of his family and friends.' That kind of nonsense.

Millen is just mindless babble. Which makes him a lot worse than Romanuk.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
It's pronounced YAWN-sin Greg, not YO-HAN-sin. Like he's not a new player, nor is it particularly difficult to say, not sure why he repeatedly butchered his name on Matthews no-goal.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
He’s god awful. Not sure how he’s still employed.

So bad that I’d rather listen to the opponent’s feed than the Leafs.

Close second would be Hughson.

Reactions: Big Cactus

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They're all horrible. For some reason the leafs are supposed to care what other fan bases think by putting in a "fair and balanced" commentator.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
They're all horrible. For some reason the leafs are supposed to care what other fan bases think by putting in a "fair and balanced" commentator.

Ferraro and Miller are very solid, no complaints there. New play by play guy on Sportsnet is solid too, although his voice isn't amazing. To me Millen sticks out pretty bad.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->