Is Georges Laraque telling Porkies?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The guy was barely able to play in the NHL and now he's some NHL insider? He's a bum.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Every journalistic publication has made a mistake in reporting at some point. Some of you need to get off the high horses and understand that he owned up to it and apologized. There is nothing else he can do at this point.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Laraque has never been the most intelligent guy. At least he admitted he was wrong.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
From the comfort of a Californian elementary school (actually that's not far fetched)

But thanks for the personal attack, chief.

not a personal attack. i'm just saying, your excuse might fly with an 8 year old, but not here. if you say something like that publicly, you'd better be sure it's true. you don't get to pass along something somebody told you, then apologize when you find out it's bullshit less than 24 hours later and be made out to be some honorable gentleman. can't have it both ways.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Two thoughts:

1) Very admirable of him to come out and say that he was wrong and own up to his mistake

2) HOW THE HELL DO YOU TRASH SOMEONES NAME LIKE THAT WITHOUT CONCRETE EVIDENCE? WHAT JUST WORD OF MOUTH AND YOU DECIDE TO PUT IT OUT THERE TO THE MASSES. NOW HIS FAMILY HAS TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT HIS ADDICTION PROBLEMS AND EXPLAINING THAT IT NEVER HAPPENED AND THEN FURTHER EXPLAINING THAT THEY ARE BEING SERIOUS AND NOT TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING. YOU JUST PUT IT ALL OUT THERE ON WORD OF MOUTH AND THEN AT THE END.....AND THE FUDGING END OF IT ALL, THE MOST YOU CAN COME UP WITH IS A 2 SECOND SPOT GOING "I'M SOWWY" YOU DUMB DENSE IDIOT!

That about sums up my thoughts on it.

Reactions: Viqsi

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Now I gotta ask since the title changed.... PORKIES?

Instantly my first thought:
v1.bTsxMTM3MjUzNztqOzE3NzI2OzEyMDA7MTA2ODsxNDI0

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Every journalistic publication has made a mistake in reporting at some point. Some of you need to get off the high horses and understand that he owned up to it and apologized. There is nothing else he can do at this point.
This shouldn't have been reported in the first place. I'm sure there are many NHLers who are struggling with substance abuse issues and the leaking of someone going to rehab might prevent someone from getting the help they need. Doesn't matter if Laraque's info was wrong or not, he's a piece of garbage for reporting it. This is the second time someone in the Montreal media has reported that a hockey player has gone to rehab and crap like this needs to stop.

He should not only have apologized for being wrong, he should have apologized for revealing sensitive personal information about a player without their consent. f*** him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
not a personal attack. i'm just saying, your excuse might fly with an 8 year old, but not here. if you say something like that publicly, you'd better be sure it's true. you don't get to pass along something somebody told you, then apologize when you find out it's bull**** less than 24 hours later and be made out to be some honorable gentleman. can't have it both ways.
It's poor reporting and unethical but it's not lying. I give him a modicum of respect for owning up to it. I'm critical of all forms of news media in today's day and age but just like I think journalists and info sources should strive for impartiality and honest accounting of facts, I think we should caution setting our sources ablaze the wrong way. He's an unreliable source and as such has the burden of repairing his reputation. Having the reputation of lying means he himself fabricated information and that is essentially a death sentence to someone's credibility. Who is gonna trust Brian Williams ever again?

Reactions: Viqsi

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Spreading false information is a form of lying. Especially when such false information is being presented to spin a story and a result is damaging a persons reputation.
I'd say it's lying adjacent. It's certainly not good and he really should've done his own digging but he didn't do the act of fabricating facts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad