Is Georges Laraque telling Porkies?

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
There is nothing wrong with going to rehab. But it is wrong to make that statement period. I went through a treatment center and my case manager use to work for a place that helped nhlers out with drug abuse or mental health. Never brought up names or teams or details. Just knew I was a hockey fan and was trying to get the point across that anyone can need help. Georges has no place to be calling names in this matter

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Pretty terrible mistake. It should damage his reputation for a long time. Taylor hall has every right to be pissed, even persue defamation if that's a thing in Canada. Doesn't matter if his source lied that's why get at least one corroborating source. I don't care if he is not a journalist, if he is spreading disinformation like that he deserves every bit of blowback and every bit of repercussion he gets.

Rehab and recovery is serious business, maybe he should donate to a rehab fund or something. Would a good start to rehab his image as a hockey insider.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Oilers fans want it to be true because its now the only way to justify the Hall trade.
Well now you are a liar.....lol. Check the oilers boards and you will notice that there is an epic thread about the trade and how 99 percent of oilers fans thought it was and is a brutal trade. This myth also has to die

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Thing is, before you put stuff on air or in a magazine or on a web site, especially stuff like that, you have to have AT LEAST two sources that are independent of each other. You can never put stuff of this magnitude out there if you have just one source. Rule A1 in journalism.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Well now you are a liar.....lol. Check the oilers boards and you will notice that there is an epic thread about the trade and how 99 percent of oilers fans thought it was and is a brutal trade. This myth also has to die

doesn't help that the first oilers fan in this thread said the story is true, though.

oilers board must love their compatriots who go to the main board with stuff like that.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There is nothing wrong with going to rehab. But it is wrong to make that statement period. I went through a treatment center and my case manager use to work for a place that helped nhlers out with drug abuse or mental health. Never brought up names or teams or details. Just knew I was a hockey fan and was trying to get the point across that anyone can need help. Georges has no place to be calling names in this matter

Yeah, no kidding. If people have a problem, overcome it and put it behind them, that’s called life. Too many people have ridiculous standards for others even though they are nothing special.

BTW, good job on your treatment.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
but this i disagree with. it may not make you a "journalist" but you should be, at a bare minimum, aware of the ramifications of what you say on the air.

You're right, but journalism standards are still in place. This is where certain media outlets work around it, by hiring entertaining people to generate ratings for talk shows, never advertising them as actual reporters.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I don't need to gain credibility from forum dwellers. But I trust my sources as can other people from the Oiler board and we can just leave it at that.
Youre hilarious

Your post in the last thread was removed because you ARENT a source. So yes, the 'forum dwellers' do determine if youre a source or not.

Still loving the Hall missing time for chlamydia nonsense hahahaha

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
OP might want to change the title and Moderators might want to encourage him/her to do so.

"George Laraque is a liar" seems an incorrect description of the man according to the information (Tweet) provided. Whether or not this constitutes Defamation owing to review is unknown, but a few things to consider?

Laraque has been employed in hockey media for his hockey expertise. The Tweet is public, but (in so far as I know in limited reading) not the representation that Laraque admitted lying, so while the Tweet certainly isn't a private conversation, characterizing him (factually) as a liar is a step beyond merely re-posting the Tweet. It's making a false statement here. But whether "here" (i.e. A post on HFBoards) constitutes "publishing" (i.e. libel) and whether HFBoards is responsible for said poster, I don't know to a certainty...

... but with the claims that hockey media and the like lurk here, I just don't think this OP title and any claims supporting the title by the OP is worth the potential hassle.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I have a question....years ago, before Hall was a Devil and this would have all taken place, (a)if this came out before the trade would a Devil's fan even give a shit or even have a shred of doubt or jump to Hall's defense and (b)had the trade not happened, would they still?

My answers:
(a) absolutely not
(b) absolutely not

Homerism is a mysterious force :)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It was f***ed up to throw that out there in the first place. Whether it was legitimate information or not. That he screwed up on the basic facts simply makes Laraque look worse.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
can you please elaborate and maybe dig up some old threads from the timeframe in question about taylor hall going to rehab? i mean certainly the oilers board had to be talking about this. maybe an article?

or do they not exist?

I don't remember anyone talking about this on the Oilers board. There's a vocal minortity of Oilers fans that hate Hall for stuff he did off the ice that they wish they could do if they were in his position. It's very petty, but it is what it is.

Could be true tho, I have no idea.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Youre hilarious

Your post in the last thread was removed because you ARENT a source. So yes, the 'forum dwellers' do determine if youre a source or not.

Still loving the Hall missing time for chlamydia nonsense hahahaha
Edmonton isn't a big city. News travels.
But who cares, glad Hall is doing well now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad