Is Georges Laraque telling Porkies?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
This site doesn't allow them.

Not at all, I understand why he took back his words.
Doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Theres nothing wrong with being addicted to women - just ask Selena how sexy Hall is

And yes we all know, the information you possess but cannot post. Leaves no holes for your credibility yet luckily your credibility never existed in the first place

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i'm maintaining the position that the general spread of disinformation is what caused this, georges is just as much as a victim. he should have done further due diligence but if he really believed his source, then his source is the liar.

op went in way too hot calling him "liar," but in fairness there clearly seems to be people bent on spreading/accepting this story. those people are the problem, not georges.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure it was malicious, but it's definitely incredibly careless and damaging to say something like this without evidence and bordering on slander. Whether he retracts it or not, he's definitely an immoral person who had questionable intentions
I'm certainly not holding him up as a gold standard for others to follow. Just pointing out that I think characterizing him as a "liar" is inappropriate under the circumstances.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't disagree one bit. But poor journalism doesn't call for being called a liar.
Yeah, agreed, just saying it's not a lie but it is potentially just as damaging. It being due to laziness instead of maliciousness is a little better, but not much.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Was he ever right?

He predicted the Subban trade a few days before it happened on 91.9 Sports. I remember driving back from work and listening to the radio. He basically implied that shit hit the fan and that the Habs were looking to make a blockbuster deal to move one of the core pieces.

Laraque has credibility as an NHL insider, even after this mistake. Implying that someone went to rehab when they didn't is a terrible thing but it doesn't mean Laraque hasn't been right before.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I can respect when somebody owns up their mistake and apologizes. The world would be a better place if more people did the same.

Still a f***ed up, and defamatory thing to say without 100% certainty in your source.

Reactions: razor8 and Viqsi

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Theres nothing wrong with being addicted to women - just ask Selena how sexy Hall is

And yes we all know, the information you possess but cannot post. Leaves no holes for your credibility yet luckily your credibility never existed in the first place
I don't need to gain credibility from forum dwellers. But I trust my sources as can other people from the Oiler board and we can just leave it at that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He apologized publicly for the mistake, and it seems like he contacted Taylor himself to apologize privatley.

Shit happens, just don't do it again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Also, when you're in the business of trying to out-scoop the competition and a players' agent tells you that the reason a superstar got traded is because of off-ice issues, and that player went to rehab, you might be tempted to go public with it. Not saying it's the right thing to do (it's not), but I understand why he did it.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad