Is Evgeni Malkin Now The Penguins' Best Player?

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Crosby was civilian in the 2016 finals but uncle Gary had to give Sid his hardware. Crosby padded 8 of his pts that yr vs NYR in the first round. Sid had 4 assists in 6 games in the finals...

Kessel deserves that one.
Crosby set up the Cup winning goal in game 6. Kessel choked on several chances in game 6. that was the deciding game between the 2

what about 2017? you are too lazy to even type up a whiney bs excuse for why Crosby didnt deserve it? lmao hater

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Crosby won 2 Conn Smythe's legitimately

As a die hard Crosby fan, I don’t think he deserved the Conn Smythe in 2016. His reputation has a lot to do with him winning it. Was inconsistent at time and players like Kessel, Murray and even Letang were arguably more valuable than Sid.
But he definitely deserved it in 2017. He was consistently great game after game, especially in the SCF when he really step up, when it mattered the most.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
The Pens should be in the SCF every season with these two guys... They basically have the era-equivalent of Lemieux and Gretzky playing on the same team.... To have only won 3 cups in 13 seasons is kind of disappointing. Always missing that #1D, it seems.
Lemieux had Jagr and only won 2 cups.

RiskyBryzness21

Mar 23, 2017
As a die hard Crosby fan, I don’t think he deserved the Conn Smythe in 2016. His reputation has a lot to do with him winning it. Was inconsistent at time and players like Kessel, Murray and even Letang were arguably more valuable than Sid.
But he definitely deserved it in 2017. He was consistently great game after game, especially in the SCF when he really step up, when it mattered the most.
Penguins' goalies deserved the Smyth in 2017, but as it can't be split, they give it to Crosby again. In 2016, Kessel or Murray were more deserving for sure. But as it was with the Caps this year, Garry and the league won't miss the chance to advertise their poster childs

Reactions: DickSmehlik

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Penguins' goalies deserved the Smyth in 2017, but as it can't be split, they give it to Crosby again. In 2016, Kessel or Murray were more deserving for sure. But as it was with the Caps this year, Garry and the league won't miss the chance to advertise their poster childs
Man these crosby haters again with the conn smythes. Do people really think that kessel having 3 more points over the course of 20 games means he was the pens best player? lmao come on. Doesnt matter what Crosby haters think he still has his name engraved on the smythe twice forever and deservingly so.

TheGuiminator

Oct 23, 2018

Splitting the trophy would’ve been the dumbest idea ever and would’ve made no sense since Fleury started to choke at the third round against the Sens and Murray came on late to finish the job in the SCF. So you can’t consider Fleury a Smythe contender since he was too inconsistent and couldn’t finish the job, Murray had to save his ass or the team wouldn’t make to the SCF. But again, he wasn’t in the net long enough to be the MOST valuable player of the team.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Kessel was playing regularly against teams third pairing guys.

RiskyBryzness21

Mar 23, 2017
Man these crosby haters again with the conn smythes. Do people really think that kessel having 3 more points over the course of 20 games means he was the pens best player? lmao come on. Doesnt matter what Crosby haters think he still has his name engraved on the smythe twice forever and deservingly so.
Of course Crosby's sycophants would say so. Good thing for you, that Garry and half of the NHL media are the same sycophants:naughty:

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018

Sid deserves it in 2017 but geno would have been equally deserving.
I would say for example that the gap between the two was much closer that year than in 2009 where you had many people who thought Sid deserved to win the CS "because of him drawing the tougher matchups in the SC finals"....

TheGuiminator

Oct 23, 2018
In 2017, Crosby was on fire in the SCF, that made the difference. In 2009, Malkin was just an unstoppable beast, while Crosby was invisbible in the SCF. I don’t buy the idea that he couldn’t produce because was against tougher matchups, he always was, and that never stopped him to produce most of the time

Last edited:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Crosby set up the Cup winning goal in game 6. Kessel choked on several chances in game 6. that was the deciding game between the 2

what about 2017? you are too lazy to even type up a whiney bs excuse for why Crosby didnt deserve it? lmao hater

Phil choked one game and Sid was invisible for many....ookkk

You going to ignore the fact that after the NYR series that Crosby had 11 pts in 19 games? Sounds like a legit Conn Smythe when the big games happened.

You also going to ignore the fact that Crosby scored 1 goal in the last 8 games of 2017?

Reactions: Casanova

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Phil choked one game and Sid was invisible for many....ookkk

You going to ignore the fact that after the NYR series that Crosby had 11 pts in 19 games? Sounds like a legit Conn Smythe when the big games happened.

You also going to ignore the fact that Crosby scored 1 goal in the last 8 games of 2017?

It was a close race between Crosby, Kessel, and Murray. Before the cheapshot, Letang was the MVP. Crosby deserved it, so did others. Did you watch this past Cup? Kuznetsov was robbed far far worse than Kessel (who wasnt robbed)

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Because you don't like facts? Crosby had 11 pts the last 19 games of his 2016 conn smythe win and 1 goal in last 8 of his 2017 playoffs.

Nah that’s not why.

The “Crosby’s done” posters have a kind of fervor in their posts that is almost charming.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I could care less about when people use the term overrated or underrated. It is meaningless. I do care when a player is rated below what their production was which is what you were doing.

I didnt talk him down, which you said I did. Bet it feels good to put words in the mouth of strangers on the internet. The classic 10 inches on the internet once again Daver.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
It was a close race between Crosby, Kessel, and Murray. Before the cheapshot, Letang was the MVP. Crosby deserved it, so did others. Did you watch this past Cup? Kuznetsov was robbed far far worse than Kessel (who wasnt robbed)

I agree about Letang, he was driving the pens offense and reliable on D. This thread is about Malkin and I was saying he won his Conn Smythe legitimately then Crosby fanboys came out of the woodwork.

Thought it was a toss up between Kuzy and Ovie but knew Kuzy wouldnt win based on Ovys career. That's what i don't like is how status quo things are as opposed to awarding TRUE legitimate performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad