Is Evgeni Malkin Now The Penguins' Best Player?

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I know he plays behind Crosby and Sid was a lot better in the latest playoffs, but this guy just keeps racking up points, and between him and Crosby he is more of a threat to win the Art Ross at this stage in my opinion.

I'm hesitant to say he is better than Crosby, but he's been a maniac offensively since the 2017 Cup.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I watch the game tonight in Vancouver, Malkin is pick up is game compared to the beginning of year. Malkin's line since last year is the line Sullivan sends if they need a comeback. To answer your question Malkin And Crosby are truly cut from the same cloth. The last 2 1/2 years as long as Malkin is healthy he does out perform Crosby. If the pens can stay healthy, this is their cup to loose.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Probably not but he’s close. I’ve seen Geno’s entire career and I’m surprised he’s aged this well with his injury history. Guy has barely lost a step from his prime.

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
I watch the game tonight in Vancouver, Malkin is pick up is game compared to the beginning of year. Malkin's line since last year is the line Sullivan sends if they need a comeback. To answer your question Malkin And Crosby are truly cut from the same cloth. The last 2 1/2 years as long as Malkin is healthy he does out perform Crosby. If the pens can stay healthy, this is their cup to loose.
Crosby was better in the 16-17 regular season. Playoffs. The World Cup and the 17-18 playoffs...

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Yes he is.

And btw, Guentzel is the player both Crosby and Malkin been the mosts productive with in the past, and he plays with Crosby.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Crosby needs specific wingers. Malkin makes it work with what ever you give him. Kessel prefers to play with Malkin. Malkin also won an Art Ross with Fedetenko and Max Talbot plus a Conn Smythe as his wingers. But right now after since last year minus when Malkin got hurt in the playoffs Malkin's line is the number 1 line. Two as for Crosby shutting down Matthews, Malkin shut down Tavares, and of right now Tavares is a more proven player than Matthews. He Tavares carried the islanders ever since he came in the league.

Reactions: Sky04 and Casanova

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Malkin looks like he's gained some speed back compared to a few years ago. I don't think he's better than Crosby but they're definitely close.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Malkin is the most talented player since Lemieux.

Crosby and McDavid work hard every shift just to get a point, while Malkin does it so effortlessly without breaking much of a sweat. It's ridiculous watching Crosby need to battle and fight in the corners or McDavid skate full speed to make a play, while Malkin just moves around a bit and finds plays left and right.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Malkin is the most talented player since Lemieux.

Crosby and McDavid work hard every shift just to get a point, while Malkin does it so effortlessly without breaking much of a sweat. It's ridiculous watching Crosby need to battle and fight in the corners or McDavid skate full speed to make a play, while Malkin just moves around a bit and finds plays left and right.

This is hilarious actually if you watch Crosby these days.

Reactions: jbobell98

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Crosby needs specific wingers. Malkin makes it work with what ever you give him. Kessel prefers to play with Malkin. Malkin also won an Art Ross with Fedetenko and Max Talbot plus a Conn Smythe as his wingers. But right now after since last year minus when Malkin got hurt in the playoffs Malkin's line is the number 1 line. Two as for Crosby shutting down Matthews, Malkin shut down Tavares, and of right now Tavares is a more proven player than Matthews. He Tavares carried the islanders ever since he came in the league.

That's not necessarily true.

Crosby and Malkin need different types of wingers.

That said, really since the firing of Bylsma, there have been 2 Malkin's . . . the healthy one who has been at worst a top 5 forward in the league, and the one who is/plays hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->